Introducing myself

To post a reply, login or signup

moon
@moon
3 years ago
73 posts

Hi all. New to these boards. So happy I found them. Just awesome. I've known I was an empath for a very long time. I remember my amazement and relief when I realized that "there was a name for this" and other people were the same way. Knowledge is power they say and it certainly helped me a great deal to have this understanding but it wasn't enough. As the youngest in a family of tragedy, dysfunction and alcoholism, I eventually made my way to the twelve step world first as a member of ACOA (Adult Children of Alcoholics) and then CODA (Codependents Anonymous) where I learned how I had mal-adapted in order to survive in my family of origin. Today, I have come a long way and for the past three years I have been working as a counselor in a substance abuse facility (I couldn't' fix my family, so...). Doing this work has taught me two very valuable things: I LOVE working with people on their "issues" and three years is too long for a sensitive to work with this population especially considering the enormous caseloads we work with. For the past year, I've been working on obtaining coaching certification and I hope to work with people on an intuitive level. As a child who experienced the traumatic loss of my sister and father, death and grief have loomed large for virtually my whole life. I recently completed certification in The Grief Recovery Method which I hope to be able to use with people who are stuck in loss. One (there are several) benefit of growing up with dysfunction is that I developed highly tuned sensitivity to the emotions of the people around me. Today I am working on polishing this gift and learning how to close it down. For many years I was just "open" and consequently developed some serious health issues. So like everyone else on this board I am on a journey of healing and growth. Much Love, Patricia

updated by @moon: 06/06/17 10:28:56AM
moon
@moon
3 years ago
73 posts

Thanks Jen.

moon
@moon
3 years ago
73 posts

Thank you Amy.

Share This