How to relax.... hobby ideas?

To post a reply, login or signup

Wendie
@wendie
3 years ago
4 posts

Hi Everyone,

My name is Wendie and I have been an empath my whole life. But, I am just recognizing it for what it is. :) I am finally embracing my abilities instead of trying to shut them down, run away from them, or get hit by them and not know what the heck is going on! Yikes. :)

Several wonderful people here have shared terrific suggestions about some grounding and shielding suggestions for which I am SO thankful for.... and I am trying to make some healthy changes to my life (diet, exercise and the like).

But, I am wondering if people would be willing to share ideas about hobbies that as empaths they find enjoyable? What do you do to help regenerate your spirits? Essentially, in the past, I have been SO TIRED from all the stuff I have been sucking in that I have worked and crashed. I am feeling better now that I am working to ground myself and shield myself... but I don't know what else to DO with myself. What do you all do for fun??

Thanks in advance for the tips and suggestions. I look forward to reading them. :)

Warmly, Wendie

updated by @wendie: 07/30/17 05:59:08AM
Have a feeling
@shelly
3 years ago
40 posts
I recently started to explore "zentangle". It is basically doodling with structure. It really helps me relax, especially when in a stressful environment like an airport.
Wendie
@wendie
3 years ago
4 posts

Thanks for the zentangle idea! I looked it up today and it looks fantastic! :) I love the suggestion! Thanks so much!

Wendie
@wendie
3 years ago
4 posts

Brooklyn83- how amazing that you can write music! That is awesome! :) I am not talented in this area... But I did try going outside and spending time in the park in the trees and that was fantastic. Thanks for the suggestion. I am also trying to find some happy music to listen to! :)

Wendie
@wendie
3 years ago
4 posts

Epiphany- I bet other empaths love your blog! :) Nature seems to be a big suggestion for us... I am going to do spend more time outside. Where I live, winters can be tough too... but for now I am going to work on enjoying the warmth and planting some flowers! :) Welcome from one "newbie" to another! :)

Wendie
@wendie
3 years ago
4 posts

VeritasKnight- Boy I wish I knew how to knit! That sounds lovely. :) I have been playing games with my DD too. That is fun. And I do like to cook too. And you are quite right about the mess. But for some reason, I don't mind the cleanup. :) What are your "feel good movies"? I would love to know! Thanks for sharing!

Wendie
@wendie
3 years ago
4 posts

Seeking Answers- Gardening sounds great- I wish we had a place to do that. The fairy gardens sound amazing! What do you do? I am so curious! And a craft room.... mmmm.. That sounds lovely! My dining room table ends up being our crafting space. Goodness help us if we actual want to eat there! Yikes! LOL. :) Thanks for your lovely answer... I would love to hear more about the fairy garden if you have time! Love, Light, and Blessings back to you as well!

Wendie
@wendie
3 years ago
4 posts

Calamity, that place of "flow" is so wonderful. I bet your jewelry is lovely! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book