Finally aware (I think!)

To post a reply, login or signup

pebble
@pebble
2 years ago
21 posts

Hello

well I am finally here!

I have spent many years thinking there was something wrong with me but after a few recent events I have realised that I and my children are empaths.

I have always been more connected with animals and nature than most people I know but find people overwhelming as I seem to pick up everyone elses energy, good or bad. Often I cant work out if feelings are my own or someone elses. My children are like this too and I hope that I can help them more now I am aware of this ability.

I am an ex-nurse who gave up nursing after having childen as i couldnt handle all the extra emotions of children and clients. one day I want to go back into nursing but I will have to learn to shield myself from all the emotion. I find friendships difficult as I put up shields somehow, but when busy and stressed at work I couldnt do this.

Does any one else pick up the energy of a place? On many occasions when looking at houses to buy I have been aware of negativity/ residual energy in a place and couldnt ever live there, despite the property being perfectly fine in the physical sense. My partner does not get this at all!

Sadly I think that empathy to this extent is the sort of 'soft skill' that is just not valued, even if it is recognised.

updated by @pebble: 03/13/17 07:11:21AM
Janett Niemi
@janett-niemi
2 years ago
86 posts

I'm so glad you made it here! This site has wonderful information with many people who just want to help. Don't be afraid to ask!

Empathy is a skill, and like all skills, it needs cultivating, refining and practice. Start small and build from there. My advice is to take the "Empath Survival Program" at the top of this page. It will help you to learn how to shield yourself from excess energy. (Probably the MOST important thing an Empath needs to know)

Also, be gentle with self. We all get overloaded with emotion and then lash out at the one person we can-self! That's not right. I remember years ago when VHS tapes came out. On the face of the VHS tape it said, "Be Kind. Rewind!" That's a good motto for Empaths-be kind to self. If you are feeling out of sorts, take a peek at what you have just lived. If it's not your energy, get rid of it. Rewind and only allow kind, gentle energy to be apart of your life.

Sending you love....

-janett-

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book