Breaking the ice

To post a reply, login or signup

Serenity
@serenity
2 years ago
4 posts

Well hello there!

I'm new to the group and thought I'd 'extend the hand' so to speak. We'll start with why I joined this group... am I an empath? To be honest... I don't really know... and I am a skeptical person by nature so I have my doubts, but at the same time I wonder... I get told things like, "you have an old soul", "I have this feeling of calmness when I'm around you", "you're easy to talk to and non judgmental." I feel like I can tell peoples intentions really easy and also easily read their personality types (Like if they are prone to be defensive). But I don't know if these skills are related to the fact that I am an empath or if it's a finely tuned skill I learned to cope with living with a mother who was bi polar and schizophrenic.

Other things about me;

- I'm a lucid dreamer and I know my dreams tell me things I need to acknowledge

- Street lights seem to regularly go out around me... so much so I once documented the occurrences but I'm not ready to say it means anything

- as a child I saw two weird things I can't explain; I once say a shadow that moved around a room I was in - I love this story... too long to go into details here but maybe I will share some day. Another time I was following a red orb on the 4th oh July... it led me away from my blanket and behind a tree where it disappeared. As I turned back to my blanket a rouge professional firework shot across the lawn and exploded near my blanket.

- I've had two odd experiences with death... once I got a very sickly feeling of death while driving with my step mom... within minutes she got a call that her mother died. Another time I dreamt my great uncle died... The dream repeated itself... When I called to ask my parents if he was okay, they told me his wife died.... That being said, I have had other times where I had no idea when loved ones have passed....

I am not willing to say the above mean anything more than a child's imagination or odd coincidence, but then again....? I don't know... but I'm willing to be open to the possibility :)

updated by @serenity: 03/17/17 06:00:56AM
BriarRose
@briarrose
2 years ago
68 posts

I don't speak for everyone here but calling yourself an empath is simply a label. Some want to use it and some don't. Those who have known about their gifts longer tend to choose not to use it. It is a matter of choice. To me, from what you said, it sounds like you are at the very least a sensitive. That can mean all sorts of things, up to and including an empath. You have to look inside yourself and decide what you believe. No one can tell you what you are and what you aren't. You have to be the one who decides that in the end. If you are an empath your heart will show you the way. In the mean time, here are a link that may help you.

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/03/15-tips-empaths-highly-sensitive-people.html

And just for reference, in case it is helpful...

These are the10 levels of the empath:

Psychometry- the empathic ability to receive energy, information and impressions from objects, photographs or places
Telepathy- the empathic ability to read people's thoughts
Mediumship- the empathic ability to feel the presence and energies of spirits
Physical Healing- the empathic ability to feel other people's physical symptoms in your own body (and often the ability to heal, transform or transmute them)
Emotional Healing- the empathic ability to feel another person's emotions
Animal Communication- the empathic ability to hear, feel and communicate with animals
Nature- the empathic ability to read, feel and communicate with nature and with plants
Geomancy- the empathic ability to read the energy of places and of the land - geomancers can feel the energies of the Earth, such as Ley lines. They can also get headaches, pain or anxiety before earthquakes or other disasters occur anywhere on the planet.
Precognition- the empathic ability to feel when something important is about to happen (often this can be a feeling of inexplicable dread or doom)
Claircognizance or Knowing- the empathic ability to feel what needs to be done in any given circumstance, often accompanied by a feeling of peace and calm, even in the midst of a crisis

Serenity
@serenity
2 years ago
4 posts

Thanks for sharing :) Shame I'm not a Geomancer (sp?)... I create GPS maps for a living :)

BriarRose
@briarrose
2 years ago
68 posts

I am a Geomancer. Trust me. It is not all it is cracked up to be. Especially recently with the earthquakes in Nepal and Papua New Guinea.

Serenity
@serenity
2 years ago
4 posts

Oh I suppose so!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book