EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

To post a reply, login or signup

Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
After years of studying empathy, mirror neurons, cosmic connections and so on and so on, I can't help but think it still all comes down to these words:

Treat others the way you would like to be treated.

Everything you need to know is in those words.

So there it is.

Have a great day, everyone.

Be Joyously Blessed
and
Blessed Be.

updated by @roxanne: 01/15/17 09:41:22AM
Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
A picture's worth a thousand words.Beautiful.
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
7 years ago
414 posts
You should work in marketing Roxy, you have the BEST titles ever! I couldn't resist reading this thread :)in love,Elise
Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
Elise,Hmmm,marketing as a career. Actually I've been giving it away for free for years. Why start charging now.But food for thought.lol*******Seriously, the title truly reflects how I feel about the content. And the reasons why these sentiments keep recycling through time. -- Through all the great sages.Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself.Confucius, Analects XV.24 (tr. David Hinton)See more of these echoes through time.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_RuleI can't help believing our Super Collective Consciousness sees these words as the seeds to our Empathic Civilization.Glory, glory. Let it Be.I know there will be those who argue my use of the Title words *everything* and "need to know" and of course, I can understand such an argument based on a meticulous breakdown of said words in relation to our wholistic body, mind, spirit connection.....but I said it anyway.Hey, if you like my marketing strategies you should try my new * Passive Aggressive Crisis Reconciliation Strategies*.not yet available in stores, but for a limited time only2 easy payments of $9.99.Ah...who am I kidding...for YOU $5.99.Sunshowers and Love from the Mountain.xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
Before treating others the way we would like to be treated one must explore how they themselves wish to be treated. So in as far as I can see.....all bases covered.good thoughts, Misu.
Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
Deirdre,I hear you....I think we're all in that boat together. Progress not perfection.xoxoxoxoxoxLittlelostdream,You are so not *lost* little soul.Grandpa sounds like a very wise man.
Armando
@armando
7 years ago
82 posts
Love this thread :-)
Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
Hmmmmm, I don't know, Ron, you TAKE AND TAKE AND TAKE....LOL.I believe all the sages who said these words before us carefully wrapped their good intentions in the *benefit of the doubt*. They are trusting us to look past semantics and *feel those good intentions.* ...so LOVE away, my friend.Love away!!To Armando,You happy/me happyhmmmmm all paths lead to yin and yang.
Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
Ron,Dude, you're proposing an amendment to THE GOLDEN RULE!I Love it! LOL. -- Actually, I had a friend who also gave it much thought. I believe he wanted it rewritten to state: treat others the way they *want* to be treated.He felt that was kinder. More empathetic.I dunno, just wondering, is it possible the sentiment you speak of might lay somewhere closer to the words: "Let it Be" ?to me those words say "I can only do the best I can, but then I surrender it to the Higher Power..and I'm good with that. Let it be."As for me, I still feel that the golden rule is a great thought seed for birthing an empathetic (or empathic) civilization. It is *telling* you to put yourself in the other persons shoes before you speak or act...and vice versa.so from where I sit that is empathy.I'm just sayin'Anyway, Nice talking to ya, Ron.Glad to see you around.
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
Thank you for the beautiful messageBlessed Be:)
Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
Hey, Angel.Blessed Be right back atcha!:-)
Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
voluntary simplicitymore than just words it's a way of life.Love your share, Sonu.Thanks.
Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
Actually, I understand how different minds perceive things differently.For example, I find your *Mwaaah haa haa* a little vague.But if I apply my gut reaction to it, you know, My own personal take on it.................well it becomes so much more vague...but suggestive.lolsee what I mean.BTW: still glad to see you around. Maybe you should check out all the different ways people have stated it through historyor notAlso re , *Let it Be* ...passive/ passive agressive/ extremely courageous. -- it's all in the eye of the beholder.In the context of my suggestion it means to DO everything you can, recognize your limitations and turn it over with humility to the Universe who can cast oversight upon the greater outcome.Either way it all comes down to eye and ear of the beholder and the context with which said words are applied.Boonow see there's a word to exploreaccording to Urban dictionaryBoo1. Boyfriend or girlfriend2. Word used to scare people1. Can you handle me? If you can't you ain't gonna be my boo.And then there's simplyBoo:-)
Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
hahaahahaah you are cockey. But at least you think for yourself.I love the Serenity prayer too. But like all words ear of the beholder.All I ask is that you not think just because some of us like words that have been stated by others before us are just falling into line and acting like sheep. Like you, many of us who love those words actually do think for ourselves.And we decided we love those words.But feel free to wail.....and "love others as you would like to be loved".I never let intellect come between me and a really good cliche either.Have a great day, Ron. Gotto go drill some wholes to lay plumbing.I love these new PEX pipes...no soldering. Just snap, crimp and go.
Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
I heard that, Bren.I always kiss my husband before bed....no matter how angry I am at him. LOL.
Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
Beautiful! Dinky, thanks! I have a special fondness for the Dalai Lama.He giggles a lot. I can relate!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book