feel like I am not human

To post a reply, login or signup

jeremie
@jeremie
last year
8 posts
I will make this short I've been aware that I'm an empath and aware of the I guess you can say abilities that I have had for a while. however over the course of the past months I don't know who I am or what I am. I know I'm not giving much detail and it sounds crazy (I know) but I can't explain it in words I just don't feel human and I feel it everyday to the point where it's hard living my everyday life. If anyone has anything to say towards this topic reply back please DO NOT hesitate add me ass a friend send me a private message anything I'm just looking for answers theories and opinions from anyone thank you :)
updated by @jeremie: 08/06/17 02:38:43PM
Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

yep i hear you! not much in the way of answers sorry. i guess for me, I'm looking around and I just don't get it! I don't understand people, I struggle so much to connect. I try and it doesn't work. those i don't try to connect with I seem too but don't want too. I put it that "I like humans as individuals, but as a collective i just don't...." ..... I'm sorry this doesn't help. But, know your not alone. 

jeremie
@jeremie
last year
8 posts

it's nice to know I'm not alone and that someone else understands how I feel. I've always had trouble fitting in with society and just understanding the people in it. these days however it seems like it's been worse. It's not that I don't want to like humans I just do not understand them at all to the point where it's hard  being around them or just in public. I tend to stay more indoors these days. When I look at society as a whole it just looks so foreign to me it's all just so surreal. I'm going to keep looking around for some answers but for now my conclusion is that I'm not from this planet which I find funny because I was told the same thing couple years ago by a tarot card reader haha. My girlfriend (at the time) who knew me very well (and is also empathic)  spent the rest of that evening just staring at me  eventually telling me that, that thought often crossed her mind since we had started being friends/dating. As always if anyone has answers ,opinions, or any ideas do not hesitate to reply. :) 

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Have you ever researched starseed?   You may find the answer there.    

jeremie
@jeremie
last year
8 posts

thank you!! rene i just researched it and well it's describing everything that i am its freaky especially the part about not truly knowing your identity. I can relate to that because i am adopted and never knew my birth parents. This has given me a lot to think about thanks again!! 

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

Jeremy:

I know what you mean. I woke up this morning initially feeling good. And then some empath stuff hit me and erased my own mood and I felt sour. It’s like getting hi-jacked all the time. Whenever my empath antennae are picking up on a lot of other's emotions, I always feel out of place and less than human. We can feel this way because our vibration is off due to excessive negative energy. Have you tried grounding daily? It really works to reset yourself so you can be happy again.

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

I would not call it human. It is more of a feeling that you just don't belong. I got that big this morning on the way to work feeling all the crud that people put out there and just haven't a clue. Every now and then I yell at them inside my car as if they could hear me.. LOL By the time I got to work, I felt that the human race was doomed. Then I have to deal with very low frequency people. If I don't shield I would be a wreck.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

jeremie:

thank you!! rene i just researched it and well it's describing everything that i am its freaky especially the part about not truly knowing your identity. I can relate to that because i am adopted and never knew my birth parents. This has given me a lot to think about thanks again!! 

I have always fit the description also.   But, after seachering for a label to asign to myself , for a long time , I have found that there not labels, just traits because I'm a little of everything with only 3 or 4 very strong traits.  

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Hi I know I'm a little late to this discussion but I just wanted to say that it sounds like you might be the same personality type as me (INFP). It's really typical for INFPs to feel alone in a very bizarre world. It seems I feel like either the only sane person a lot of the time, OR the only insane person :) 

Here's a picture example -

INFPRose.jpg.jpg

INFP wrong.jpg

And a blog that is really validating - 

https://dreamerrambling.wordpress.com

Well, even if we're not the same personality type (you can find out here: https://www.16personalities.com) then if nothing else I can certainly say that I relate to everything you said!! I've felt this way for years.... 

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
I can relate to this as well. I see a lot of undesirable qualities in most people that I encounter. The bulk of society wears a mask that I can see through which causes a mismatch of sorts. I do not understand why honesty has become so rare.....and if you are honest with someone else, well it's like you insult them. Ahhh, and I wonder why my best friends in life have four legs.
Jojo
@jojo
last year
19 posts

Hey :) Its totally normal for an empath not feel like other people. Its because we have a very different sensory experience of the world around us and as a result life is a very different experience. We are psychics of emotions.  we on this site are your fellow aliens :) take it easy. we're all here to help you. I recommend the book "empath" by paul kain. its concise, easy to read and covers all the need to know essentials about the empath experience. Live in and perceive through love (affirmation- say it to yourself regularly). Love is truth, you will find clarity and lose confusion as you live by the principles of love. Love and light always

updated by @jojo: 12/03/16 11:19:23AM
Brian
@brian
last year
2 posts

What is being "human"?  Is it like being like everyone else where you don't feel the depth of the lives of others through their emotion? (Boring)  Is it like being limited to 5 senses? (Impairment) My choice is to me more than human! Celebrate!!!

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
11 months ago
230 posts

Jojo:

Hey :) Its totally normal for an empath not feel like other people. Its because we have a very different sensory experience of the world around us and as a result life is a very different experience. We are psychics of emotions.  we on this site are your fellow aliens :) take it easy. we're all here to help you. I recommend the book "empath" by paul kain. its concise, easy to read and covers all the need to know essentials about the empath experience. Live in and perceive through love (affirmation- say it to yourself regularly). Love is truth, you will find clarity and lose confusion as you live by the principles of love. Love and light always

I really like your advice... :) very helpful..

Jojo
@jojo
11 months ago
19 posts

Im really glad it helped you Kit Kat :) love

Visitor
@visitor
11 months ago
303 posts

I don't feel human, either. I'm not attracted to space or anything extraterrestrial. I don't know if I'm a "starseed" or just a tired old soul who doesn't understand this hateful, harsh planet I live on. It's a beautiful planet, except for one species - humans. I have a constant longing to "go home" - I don't know if that's another planet, another dimension, Heaven, or what it is I'm missing. I have to keep on finding reasons for living. NO, I'm not suicidal, never have been. I just feel like life is a job that I need to finish to the best of my ability before I leave.

jeremie
@jeremie
11 months ago
8 posts
@jojo
Thanks a lot for your advice I really needed to hear that today :) I will for sure look that book up thank you so much for responding to this discussion :) and leaving some advice it's nice to know I have fellow empaths and not alone have a wonderful day.
jeremie
@jeremie
11 months ago
8 posts
@kit-kat

HAHA I love the pictures and they do in fact describe me a little. Thank you for sharing your knowledge on this topic I have some research to do!!! have a great day :)
jeremie
@jeremie
11 months ago
8 posts
@hop-daddy

hey I know exactly how you feel this happens to me pretty much everyday. I wake up happy and an hour later I feel depressed and ask myself " Jérémie were we depressed this morning haha". I use to ground myself and meditate daily but not so much anymore. I will look into grounding techniques and chakra meditations if you know of any or have any more advice please let me know. Thank you for your input and advice greatly appreciated have a joyful day :)
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
11 months ago
151 posts

I can most definitely relate. I just look around and see the way everyone else lives and wants to have life, but it just doesnt work for me. I can't seem to find friends who add the depth to life that I crave and everyone just seems so superficial and in their own bodies. I'm in my head all the time, but I feel like I see the world even outside the way I'm "suppose to". I feel attached to my body but I feel like I'm more than it, but everyone else just seem so into the illusion of reality and it bothers me. Geez I'm rambling now lol but no I completely relate you're not alone. I'm right there with you. 

Burleigh_surfer
@burleigh-surfer
11 months ago
34 posts
One day You will come across those special few with whom you vibrate so strongly with and you will feel home and you will have some answers. Your vibe attracts your tribe :-)
I felt this way for a long time and searched and searched and searched for an answer as to what I could be. Explain my feelings, my level of awareness, my keeness of space and starts. I went full circle and now I accept I am me, a soul having a human experience. I once said to some people I feel like im looking through the view finder of a camera and viewing life. I suppose I still feel that way. Noone understood. Detached from the atrocities of the world, yet emotionally involved so deeply I feel as if its all happening to me personally.
Its a learning curve...but it becomes easier.
Snap
@snap
11 months ago
103 posts

I'm not totally sure what you mean. I've always felt apart from most people most of the time. However, the times I've felt worst my body has had physical problems, namely anemia and later chronic infection that presented like asthma. During these times I felt absolutely awful. With anemia I was swamped by electromagnetic radiation, especially from fluorescent lights. In better physical health, now, I feel at home in my body, at least, even if not at home with many others around me :)

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
11 months ago
502 posts

I personally find that I disconnect from the world the most when I am overly stressed. I'll be overly stressed from being too busy at work and from all the negative in the world that I absorb as an empath. It's a very lonely feeling as I feel out of place and alien. But I can usually get back to normal by shedding the negative. I do some pretty heavy meditations to clear and ground and then start limiting things in my life that are exposing me to negative. I have a bad habit of being a news junkie even though I know it is bad for me. I go through periods where I completely eliminate the news to keep me grounded and happy. And there are also some vampires in my life at work and with relatives that I have to keep my distance from at times. And lastly, I always carry grounding stones with me (black tourmaline, onyx, shungite). They really work and help keep a high percentage of negative away from me. Also, taking time to be out in nature is a great way to fill yourself up with healing positivity.

I think the worst part about being an empath is when you get pent up with negativity from the world and just feel spent and lonely. Every empath goes through this. But those of us that are happiest have learned to ground out the negative and raise our own positive. My advice is to actively try to find ways that ground you and make you happy so that you can enjoy each day and not be miserable.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
11 months ago
726 posts
LoconnorO:

I can most definitely relate. I just look around and see the way everyone else lives and wants to have life, but it just doesnt work for me. I can't seem to find friends who add the depth to life that I crave and everyone just seems so superficial and in their own bodies. I'm in my head all the time, but I feel like I see the world even outside the way I'm "suppose to". I feel attached to my body but I feel like I'm more than it, but everyone else just seem so into the illusion of reality and it bothers me. Geez I'm rambling now lol but no I completely relate you're not alone. I'm right there with you. 

You are more than your physical body. We are all spiritual beings having a human experience 😉
Angel
@angel
10 months ago
607 posts

The more I tried to "find myself" the more I lost myself. There are so many names,labels and beliefs that I finally gave up on trying to place myself in one mold or another because I realized I fit in many. I'm a Mystic, I'm a Witch, I'm an Empath, I'm a Medium, I'm some weird weather person thingy,lol, I'm a gatekeeper that accesses different realms, and according to a dream I had a few years back, , satan called me a Nephilim. I have no doubt that I am a bit of all of these and other things I haven't discovered yet. I never felt like this was home, but have always known I have come here for two specific reasons, one, to find the other half of my soul, my twin flame, the one I came here to look for and take back home with me. Since I found him, I have no doubt that we are from two different realms, hopefully he will come with! And the second, I have a specific purpose, not to teach people a specific belief but to show people what they are truly capable of doing with their abilities. It's mind-blowing how far your abilities can really go!

With that, I can't tell people specifically, because each soul is here for their own evolution, their own purpose, so the journey alone is there's alone.  Because it's so broad, I haven't figured out yet on how to move into my second reason for being here. The point is this... Research and research some more. Take the information you receive that resonates with you, but don't simply place one label on yourself. You can resonate with a million labels and you will be a part of all of them. If you need a "name" then choose one that YOU choose, but remember that the information you read isn't always cut in stone. Just because you have 8 out 10 typical Empath traits doesn't eliminate you from being an  Empath. These "traits"  are merely information that other people have concluded to, but this is a reflection of they believe to be an Empath, but it doesn't take into account Empath's on an individual bases or whatever traits they may have that is Empathic, I hope this makes sense :) Don't limit yourself to the labels and titles that people place on your or anything else. You are not one, but many, remember that always :)

If you feel you aren't from here, then you probably aren't. You can do meditations, visualizations and maybe get a glimpse of where you are from. Maybe you have seen this place in your dreams. I know I am from somewhere else that is very similar to earth, but the spiritual energy is much stronger.  I often visualize specific spots that I have seen and channel that energy through me in order to manifest what is needed. For examples I discovered a pool of healing water. If myself or someone is sick, I will visualize then swimming in this water and begin the healing process. Though it may take a day or two to manifest in this realm, it's quite effective. I have also been trying to discover other locations as well and discovered the doorway I used to incarnate here. The doorway or the light to this realm has always been with me, since childhood, it just took me 40 years to figure out what it was. I wouldn't call it heaven, it's not light enough to be heaven :) But there is balance of both light and dark. And maybe that's what I have come here to teach, not to grasp one or the other, but accept them both since both is a part of who we are, and teaching how to balance the two. Hmmm, have to think on that. Anyway's, it's important to discover who you are and where you are from, but to also remember that you will return when your life here has ended. You came here for a reason, so it's also important to focus on that reason as well since out time here is limited. You'll never stop discovering, learning and evolving. Just as we have something to give to the people on this earth, they to give to us in return. Most of what you will learn will be from books or internet, these are simply guidelines, but go within for this is where you will know. This is the place where truth resides :) Believe in what is within :) I hope this helps and I wish you many blessings on your path :)

Blaque Roze
@blaque-roze
10 months ago
1 posts

I'm so glad to be here

TigerLily
@tigerlily
10 months ago
308 posts
@ jeramie. I used to feel growing up, that my parents are not my parents. I don't know why I felt this or would think that. Now as I have become older I realized I'm just that independent. Weather we are adopted or not or conceived by a sperm donor, our identity is our own. Growing up it was always a fight with my parents and it still is, and I feel trapped that who I am is not how they want me to be. For years I felt lost and often questioned "who am i" After years of working on me I now know who I am. And it's still not who my parents want me to be lol. I just knew since childhood. You have to go with it and trust in you. You have gifts that not many understand except us here, or anyone else you know in person who has a spiritual gift.

And people these days, my goodness. The people. I almost can't go out on some days or talk to people. And other times I have to because I can feel the good. (Which is rare)

But like you, today is a day I felt like living life was hard. What helps me get through the day is not dealing with idiots and narcs. I don't know why I just angry when they are around LOL.
Bing
@bing
9 months ago
547 posts

Empaths 181.jpgEmpath 180.jpgEmpath132.jpg

Empaths 84.jpgEmpath 225.jpgEmpaths 22.jpg

empphire
@empphire
8 months ago
19 posts

@jeremie I can definitely relate! as @renee put it, "I like humans as individuals, but as a collective i just don't...."

I've only recently discovered what it means to be an empath. I've always know that I was experiencing the world differently, especially when I would hang out with my friend. I liked the idea of being with friends, but I always knew that they didn't view the world the way I did, and didn't want to. Like most empaths, I was always willing to listen to them, and genuinely want to help them even if I wasn't getting much in return....except to be told that I was being overly emotional at times, or over sensitive or too negative. I was always good at showing to others a person that was happy and considerate, which is one of the side that I have.

However, after learning about the empath world, I've begun to feel extremely alienated from the people around me. While I still like to listen and help others, especially my friends, I have begun to feel like it is a FORCED response, and no longer as genuine. Seeing and helping people is fine, but now I am really beginning to focus on the bigger picture, and feel like I am turning away from the bigger problems of society that are a result of these individual problems. 

Its as if I no longer am willing to just show one side of me to the world, but I want to embrace all sides of me and be free to show all sides. But because of this, I feel like I no longer know how to act when with people around me. I always knew how to act around certain people like my friends in order for them to like me. However, now I feel like I no longer know or WANT to act like this, as it feels...wrong for me to continue to do so.

I am still pretty young, only 20, and I am starting to see the possible futures before me. One is to continue to pretend like nothings wrong and hide my empathness so I don't scare away all my friends, or get mad when they don't care about it, or try to find new friends that can help me on my empath and spiritual journey. I am leaning towards the later option, as I am starting to crave the friendship of others that think or feel like me. (One of the reasons why I love this place! :) )

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book