How to tell what feelings are just yours

To post a reply, login or signup

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
last year
169 posts
So here is my dilemma. I have only been aware of empath abilities for a year or so after being told I am one. Since April or so I have had some kind of awakening from this same person who told me, a new age healer/osteopath. I got some kind of amazing awakening and possibly third eye activation. How do you tell if things you feel emotion or physically are yours and not someone elses? I feel I am being led on a path and it keeps kicking me off or maybe its part of the path or its just someone else I am absorbing.
updated by @bunnigirl: 09/20/17 10:27:36PM
SANDRA FERNANDEZ
@sandra-fernandez
last year
6 posts

HI,@BUNNYGIRL...I THINK YOU CANT BE LED TO A PATH,YOU HAVE TO FIND WHICH PATH IS THE ONE FOR YOU,NO ONE CAN IMPOSE A PATH ON ANYONE,AND ABOUT THE FEELINGS,YOU WILL LEARN TO KNOW WHICH ARE YOURS,THAT HAPPENED TO ME TOO,AND IF I WAS FEELING SAD,I ASKED MYSELF,ARE YOU SAD AND WHY? IF YOU DONT HAVE A REASON TO BE SAD THEN ITS NOT YOU! AND THE SAME WITH ANY EMOTION YOU FEEL,ITS EASY OK? ANYTIME IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION YOU CAN ASK ME,WRITING ME,ILL FOLLOW YOU OK? MY AWAKENING WAS IN 2009,IM NOT AN EXPERT IN ANYTHING,BUT I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU HAVE SO MANY DOUBTS AND QUESTIONS,I HAD THEM TOO,AND I FOUND PEOPLE HERE WHO WERE VERY KIND TO ME AND THE LESS I CAN DO IS OFFER MY ADVICE IF YOU WANT IT OR NEED IT,WELCOME TO THE CLUB,HERE WE ALL ARE FAMILY!!!

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
last year
169 posts

Thank you both!  It is something I will put in my practice when around people to ask myself is it something I am feeling or did it  come on all of a sudden.  I will also try to identify the tag.  I never heard of a the expression of a tag so I will look up info on that to understand better.  It will get easier in time I know but right now it's making me retreat alone a lot after being around energies that are intense which is a lot lately...

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

Bunnigirl, same as you I've been aware that I'm an empath for about a year. And I also struggle knowing which is my "stuff"? Sometimes its obvious when I'm talking to someone and I can feel their stress and worries transfer to me and they walk away feeling better and I feel like crap for hours. But other times I'll be alone and get hit with very strong emotions of anger, rage, sadness out of nowhere and have no idea where it is coming from. Does anyone have more info. on how to discover a tag for each emotion to see who it is coming from?

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
last year
169 posts

Wow...that happens all the time and I never knew what it was....someone dumps all this negative stuff on me and walks away feeling great and I am paralyzed for several days...and then out of nowhere things hit me and I wonder where it came from too...the hardest thing is present time communication with someone I just had and I don't know if I am reading them or putting my "stuff" in there or it's BOTH but it is always intense. I guess with practice we will know someday because for me it delays in me truly helping/healing people and I am a rather impatient person but I keep getting signs to just be in the moment and it happens when it happens as life is endless and there are no deadlines. The world just needs SO much help right now...

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
last year
169 posts

thank you hoofbeats for that description of taggin emotions.  If there are 2 people in the room or more and you know them how to do you know whose is whose if people experience different emotions at different times? and what about if it is someone you don't know...this is VERY interesting.  I took advice from all of you and had a feeling on my own that I was feeling and I knew it was me.  I then got home and my feelings changed around my spouse and I knew this was her thinking of what may have been going on for her...of course I thought it was me and then walked away to see if it was me or her.  I found it was me and I am back on my track again with someone I feel very certain of as in a career change and going back to college and she is completely opposed to it.  SO you all have helped me do this! thank you SO much....someone at work I could feel heaviness from them for a week now and decided to ask just are you ok? a co-worker I am friendly with.  He said no and I didn't ask anymore and then he told me.  I listened and then felt a need to touch his shoulder after he dumpled it all out.  I don't know if it made him feel better but I did absorb the pain as I felt heavy after and I blew it out and shued it away and thought hope that helps him a little.  I felt so blessed as opposed to tortured about what is our feelings and what is theirs and how do we figure it out if we are to help/heal others! this is such an amazing forum as I don't know all of you but there is a bond we all have as we are in this together...

Jenstone
@jenstone
last year
72 posts

If we are all connected to one another (to a higher Source, ONE, ALL), to a counsciousness, then "feelings" might be more like sounds than patches of land that we need to lay claim to... more like waves in a lake that spool out in circles across a plane. It would be hard to set boundaries around a sound or wave.  

Here is a mind-shift.

Is it important to know who owns or originates an emotion, who started it, who created it, and who is responsible for it? Maybe in the beginning of our journeys, we need to do this just to have a little order in our mental space. I too have struggled with knowing what's "mine" and what is from others..... but now I consider a third option. 

What if Empaths are not dis-abled by the lack of discernment between sources of emotion, but are capable of being free of the need for categorical identification and assignment to this body/mond or that body/mind? What if Emaths sense the other dimensions and can be responsive to, learn from, experience, express, heal, manage, and teach others without needing to anologize the layout of emotions in a way that mirrors the rights and duties and ownership model of the physical realm?

It sure makes the Empath's experience of the world easier to accept. "Oh look there's anger, there's joy, over here I sense fear and excitement together. I feel darkness coming, and now I feel a blue light replacing it, there is John, there is Ahmed, there is Renee"--- all of us both contributing to and sensing the higher dimensions. Even though not everyone is an Empath, I do believe that most people are connecting with the emotional plane, sending out energy, receiving energy of the collective. Probably like other human attempts at structure and approach, there is not right answer for all circumstances.... but this might at least be one way to view the times when we can't quite nail down where emotions are coming from. Maybe it isn't crucial to know. Just be present, aware, mindful of the nature of the emotions themselves and what needs they communicate, responding to those needs, if we chose, in a universal way instead of a body/mind way. So we allow tears when we experience sadness, we hug, we touch etc. We laugh and smile at others and walk with a bounce in our step when we sense darkness --- we push it away with out needed to know from where it came. 

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

I like your take on that @jenstone! You put that in words very nicely. I have been using this very idea since the election to quell all of the emotions coming in...to not identify and label them makes it easier to channel them to source for healing and makes it easier to send out love and light. Thanks for sharing :)

Jenstone
@jenstone
last year
72 posts

Cat Whisperer:

I like your take on that @jenstone! You put that in words very nicely. I have been using this very idea since the election to quell all of the emotions coming in...to not identify and label them makes it easier to channel them to source for healing and makes it easier to send out love and light. Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks Cat Whisperer--- also for the encouragement on the feline messenger!

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
last year
169 posts

@jenstone.  That is very interesting what you said and yes even more there are so many energies being thrown around at this time...

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book