Dark Siders

To post a reply, login or signup

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
506 posts

I was watching someone at my office absolutely berate a fellow co-worker the other day. And the victim was someone who I would normally call a well-balanced and strong person. But she was completely paralyzed by the force of anger from the offender/attacker. She was left defenseless and speechless and on the verge of tears. It was hard to watch. But the evil witch who was the offender is someone who frequently blasts co-workers and strangers all the time. I had to keep my distance as there was such strong negative around that spot of the office that entire day.

And this confrontation made me wonder if there is such a thing as a dark empath? A person who goes through their day wounding people with their negative and psychic attacks? Someone who is the polar opposite of a good empath who instead projects pain and fear in others and takes satisfaction in the damage caused. I know we’ve all known & seen people like this. They seem to have strong powers/skills to do harm. I’m also wondering if there is anything we as empaths can do to neutralize or subdue people like this as to protect ourselves and others on a daily basis?

updated by @hop-daddy: 03/11/17 06:42:26AM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

Wow! Do you work at my previous place of employment? I recently quit a 16 year job due to a person exactly like this. She would literally drain me...even if I would avoid her. Very toxic person, no amount of shielding, protection, etc could stave off the vibe she emitted. She seemed to thrive on that very kind of thing you describe. 

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Narcissist or Apath.   I cannot stand to see something like that happen.  That's when the darkness comes out in me.  My protective side blurts out of my mouth. There is no call for someone to treat someone like that in public or workplace.   I'm not going to be belittled in private.  They can talk to me as an equal or keep their mouth shut.     It seems like when they attack someone and they can see they  are really getting to them , they sink their teeth in.   

You have more will power than I do.   It makes me so mad to see someone to deliberately attacks someone with a less aggressive temperament.   

Thats bulling and it makes the whole work areas air think and hard to work in.  

I wonder how people can do others that way and sleeps at night.   I just can't be that kind of person.   I just want peace and laughter.   

updated by @rene: 10/18/16 07:14:41PM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Ahh,  how long have we had a "like" button?  

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

We have a like button?! Just found it, lol

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
last year
169 posts

Hi,  I also wonder if we can neutralize.  I may have in a situation but I don't know.  Let me know what you all think as I am in 2 minds about it. One being if we are empaths should we use our energt to absorb such a situation but being aware and then shue it away off of ouselves. The second being that it is their karma to work out and we should let it be as we all choose out life lesons to learn here and work things out with certain  people.My first reaction is #1 but I am trying to learn to not absorb it and have it harm me physically in illness, etc.  I have 2 such narcissists/neg empaths in my office.  One I sent out love to fior a few days and the other I reacted different to her in a calmer way and both their black clouds lifted as relating to me but I don't know yet if they still affect others.  Another old italian remedy I was told about was write that persons name on a piece of paper..fill it with water in a ziplock say the words 'may you speak to and others and me in a nicer way' and put it in the freezer lol.  Not sure if that's a correct way but I did that before I became aware of empath abilities and the blessing it is...

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Hop Daddy:

I was watching someone at my office absolutely berate a fellow co-worker the other day. And the victim was someone who I would normally call a well-balanced and strong person. But she was completely paralyzed by the force of anger from the offender/attacker. She was left defenseless and speechless and on the verge of tears. It was hard to watch. But the evil witch who was the offender is someone who frequently blasts co-workers and strangers all the time. I had to keep my distance as there was such strong negative around that spot of the office that entire day.

And this confrontation made me wonder if there is such a thing as a dark empath? A person who goes through their day wounding people with their negative and psychic attacks? Someone who is the polar opposite of a good empath who instead projects pain and fear in others and takes satisfaction in the damage caused. I know we’ve all known & seen people like this. They seem to have strong powers/skills to do harm. I’m also wondering if there is anything we as empaths can do to neutralize or subdue people like this as to protect ourselves and others on a daily basis?

I once witnessed someone get verbally assassinated in front of me and her little girl by this out of control woman that looked like a gorilla. She literally felt like a wild beast. The negative energy blast from her would have put anyone down. I know what you mean. It is unfortunate but it happens and the karma being generated is immense. I have noticed that those people just need to put others down to make themselves feel better. Just send the wounded one love and protection. I would let the other one to her karmic devices which is the best school possible.

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
last year
169 posts

Thank you Paul that is a good idea! send light to the wounded one and let the other one do what she is gonna do and create her further karma to heal as we can't save everyone.. 

Thank you Marilyn.  I was wondering if I am doing the right thing by affirmations, prayer, etc. for them! so want a snickers bar now :)

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Rene'':

Ahh,  how long have we had a "like" button?  

I just noticed it. I did ask elise about it. It appears to be for the whole tread.   

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
785 posts

Hi.....I do a few things if I come across a place like that.....I take a bit of ceder and scatter it on the floor.....you can just walk over the spot and open your hand and let it drop....the ceder will absorb the negative energy and the cleaning ppl will sweep it up after everyone's gone.....you can then sprinkle a bit more each day until that spot feels clear....also a spray made up of ceder sweetgrass and white sage....I carry that with me and simply spray the area with it....put cold water in a plastic spray bottle with the herbs and let steep ...you can also steep in warm water like preparing a tea....let steep and cool then pour into a spray bottle....I spray my buses before taking them from the garage to get rid of any left over negative energy from the day before....my buses were unbearable before I started doing that....I also find it calms down the rowdies who get on the buses...I spray around my doors and find that a lot of negative energy dissolves as ppl walk thru.....I have to reapply but  a few spuirts is simple to do....

Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

There are definitely empaths who use their gifts to cause harm. I dated such a man. But he didn't always use his skills to do bad things. He was simply lost and desperate. He had no money and no future, so he used women and manipulated them into taking care of him. He made them feel worthless. I was just one of them. I don't separate people into Good and Evil, because most of them have a bit of both in them. But in answer to your question, yes, of course there are dark empaths. They can read your mind (or almost) and figure out what's going to hurt you the worst, and then do it.

4peace
@4peace
last year
187 posts

I think in everything imaginable there is an opposite.  Yin and yang - for balance.  So if there is a good empath - there has to be bad empaths. 

@karen2 - I really need to do the ceder sweetgrass and white sage spray at home.  My 8 year old son has fits about the strangest things (not as bad lately) and gives off a ton of energy and you can feel the leftovers.  For instance, he'll lose a life in a game and he takes it really badly, so he'll cry and scream.  If I spank him, he gets worse, if I ground him he gets worse.  I think the stones I have in the house are taking some of the energy and calming him, but the spray might make a big difference :)  - come to think of it, my husband gets in moods too.  My daughter and I are very laid back, so it's difficult for us.  ///  I think part of our emotional problems is that there was a murder in my house years ago.  I've saged a couple of times and I don't feel a presence, but there may be some residue or something.

Much peace,

Rhonda

updated by @4peace: 10/19/16 10:06:54AM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
785 posts

I spray my own home too...I can't smudge everytime i feel strange energy so the spray bottle is easy to grab....lol...the nice thing is that it's safe for all surfaces and textiles....I spray my couches and bed...regularly. ..and especially round my doorways to the outside....that way when I get home everything i'm bringing along from other ppl will dissolve when I get home and walk thru the door...plus...leave the herbs in the bottle so when you get low on liquid you can just add water....I change the herbs when the water is almost clear

updated by @womanwhowalks: 10/19/16 10:29:22AM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Karen2:

I spray my own home too...I can't smudge everytime i feel strange energy so the spray bottle is easy to grab....lol...the nice thing is that it's safe for all surfaces and textiles....I spray my couches and bed...regularly. ..and especially round my doorways to the outside....that way when I get home everything i'm bringing along from other ppl will dissolve when I get home and walk thru the door...plus...leave the herbs in the bottle so when you get low on liquid you can just add water....I change the herbs when the water is almost clear

Hey Karen , can you order the herbs on line?    I use white sage to smudging but I have to travel 30  miles one way to pick it up at a crystal shop but that's the only herb they sell.  I always worry about buying on line due to getting ripped off or they may not be fresh. but I would like to try the spray. 

updated by @rene: 10/19/16 12:10:33PM
Jenstone
@jenstone
last year
72 posts

It probably sounds pollyana-ish but what about trying the tool of "listening" for this kind of scenario. Have you watched William Ury on the power of listening? 

He is a world class peace negotiator so he deals with the likes of the evil dicatators of the world--- and he starts with hearing the person all the way out. (using reflective listening and then saying is that everything in an empathetic manner). It doesn't matter whether the person disagrees or not. This can take hours! so not always possible. William Ury had the leader of some nation yelling at him for his country (America) and ripping on all the other countries represented. Ury heard him all the way out, and when he was finished, his shoulders relaxed, and Ury was able to suggest that everyone take a break and do something, in this case, to celebrate Christmas. The point being that when a person is acting in a violent manner, one tool is to "step aside" while staying present enough to catch the arrows and tears of the angry/mean/aggressive person. Then you can wrap them up in a big blanket and toss them out. 

I haven't really tried this yet, I just heard about it last week. He is my new guru! 

KitKat
@kitkat
last year
25 posts

There are what I call jaded Empaths think that speaks for itself; misusing the ability as it is there compassion that is battered down through way to many negative key point in life growth. It is not too dis-similar to how an sociopath works they say a sociopath has no empathy I disagree and latest research is discovering it is there they can feel how another is feeling but do not feel the compassion. I think this is were they get the talent to read people and abuse them. We need to have a distinction between the terms sympathy, empathy, and compassion.

If Empaths can feel another's feelings it does not necessarily mean they have compassion or antipathy this is a choice influenced by their own experience of life the values they hold and how much of an innate level of compassion they had to begin with. I think generally speaking most Empaths grow in the direction of Compassion through the experience of Empathy. The spectrum of empathy strength in humans on a scale from Sociopath through to Empath is perhaps not linear but circular.

Jenstone
@jenstone
last year
72 posts

KitKat:

There are what I call jaded Empaths think that speaks for itself; misusing the ability as it is there compassion that is battered down through way to many negative key point in life growth. It is not too dis-similar to how an sociopath works they say a sociopath has no empathy I disagree and latest research is discovering it is there they can feel how another is feeling but do not feel the compassion. I think this is were they get the talent to read people and abuse them. We need to have a distinction between the terms sympathy, empathy, and compassion.

If Empaths can feel another's feelings it does not necessarily mean they have compassion or antipathy this is a choice influenced by their own experience of life the values they hold and how much of an innate level of compassion they had to begin with. I think generally speaking most Empaths grow in the direction of Compassion through the experience of Empathy. The spectrum of empathy strength in humans on a scale from Sociopath through to Empath is perhaps not linear but circular.

Very Interesting Insights KitKat. I too have often thougth of Sociopath/Empath and all the variety in between as a circle where Empath and Sociopath actually meet (both having extreme insight into the human experience of another) and the difference being what they do about it. hmmmm. thanks for your post.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Jenstone:

KitKat:

Very Interesting Insights KitKat. I too have often thougth of Sociopath/Empath and all the variety in between as a circle where Empath and Sociopath actually meet (both having extreme insight into the human experience of another) and the difference being what they do about it. hmmmm. thanks for your post.

I know that love conquers All.  Do you ever feel like there comes a time to pull yourself back in, and even though you feel what you think is empathy in a socialpaths/narcissist voice , walk away from them without offering healing?  (Tough love healing )  Like you would a toddler, laying in the middle of the floor, pitching a tantrum because he or she didn't get their way?    I know most socialpaths feed off of the energy they steal by  Making someone fear them or causing mental pain.  It seems to be what they enjoy.  Of course, if your the victim that has received a beaten down by them, you really , at that point , feel defeated , but I'm talking more about the ones that are watching.   I would probably wouldn't have to say anything because my expression and the feel of my energy would be a tell tell sign .  I think an Empaths personality plays a big roll in how they will react.   

Im wondering why this person is considered an Empath    I can understand,even Empaths, have their bad days but by nature, we don't inflict pain  unless we go into a survival or protector mode.  

There are all kind of Empaths on this forum but even the dark Empaths don't feel like  socialpath because darkness does not always mean evil.   

Sorry, just in a wondering mood  

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
506 posts

Thanks for everyone's responses. It gave me much to think about. It does seem like there are good and bad opposite types of people in this world. You can meet a sweet angelic grandma type one minute and the next run into a sociopath. I’m very curious about the empath-sociopath polar opposite connection and our place in that as empaths. Are we here to protect people from the evil doers in the world?

I have heard of modern day witches using their dark psychic skills to hex or put curses on people. But aside from stories like that, there does seem to be a certain slice of the population that have the mean/evil personality type where they just walk around blasting people and cutting them down to nothing with their intense negativity. When I have witnessed this in my office I can literally see the negative get projected on to the victim who then wilts like a flower. And it always seems like the offender feels better and more powerful after crushing someone in confrontation.

As an empath, we generally feel worse when we run into negative. And that's an interesting contrast to the type of person who bullies and feels better after projecting anger and negative at another. I wonder what type of label we can put on someone like that? Did someone say they are called an "apath"? I think as empaths we all want to go help and protect people that we see getting bullied or bowled over by people like this. I'm just wondering that since we are negativity sponges, how do we confront and disarm these people safely? And on a related note, I have been the victim of quite a few psychic attacks in the past and am wondering how to best defend against that in the future (for myself and others). Anyway, I’m rambling a bit trying to put some pieces together in my mind on the “big picture” purpose in life for empaths.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Hop Daddy:

Thanks for everyone's responses. It gave me much to think about. It does seem like there are good and bad opposite types of people in this world. You can meet a sweet angelic grandma type one minute and the next run into a sociopath. I’m very curious about the empath-sociopath polar opposite connection and our place in that as empaths. Are we here to protect people from the evil doers in the world?

I have heard of modern day witches using their dark psychic skills to hex or put curses on people. But aside from stories like that, there does seem to be a certain slice of the population that have the mean/evil personality type where they just walk around blasting people and cutting them down to nothing with their intense negativity. When I have witnessed this in my office I can literally see the negative get projected on to the victim who then wilts like a flower. And it always seems like the offender feels better and more powerful after crushing someone in confrontation.

As an empath, we generally feel worse when we run into negative. And that's an interesting contrast to the type of person who bullies and feels better after projecting anger and negative at another. I wonder what type of label we can put on someone like that? Did someone say they are called an "apath"? I think as empaths we all want to go help and protect people that we see getting bullied or bowled over by people like this. I'm just wondering that since we are negativity sponges, how do we confront and disarm these people safely? And on a related note, I have been the victim of quite a few psychic attacks in the past and am wondering how to best defend against that in the future (for myself and others). Anyway, I’m rambling a bit trying to put some pieces together in my mind on the “big picture” purpose in life for empaths.

The one thing we do have going for us is the good energy we produce.  I have many many times been in a public  places or the work place and someone will start using curse words then turn to me, in a crowd , and say " I'm sorry Rene" you have to hear me talk like this.   It's the energy we put off often keeps us from being the victim but what they don't understand is we feel everything the victim is feeling.  

updated by @rene: 10/19/16 05:21:38PM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
506 posts

Rene, well said. I've always had a knack of calming people down (even road rage situations). And I didn't even realize that is part of being an empath but it makes perfect sense. I guess next time I see someone picking on someone else I'll try to diffuse the situation and flip the energy.

Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

My nephew was watching a TV show about the human brain. It was saying that we are ALL hard-wired to be empathetic to others, feel pain when someone gets punched, feel hungry when we see someone eating ice cream. So I don't think empaths are that different - just more extreme than the average person.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

Karen2:

Hi.....I do a few things if I come across a place like that.....I take a bit of ceder and scatter it on the floor.....you can just walk over the spot and open your hand and let it drop....the ceder will absorb the negative energy and the cleaning ppl will sweep it up after everyone's gone.....you can then sprinkle a bit more each day until that spot feels clear....also a spray made up of ceder sweetgrass and white sage....I carry that with me and simply spray the area with it....put cold water in a plastic spray bottle with the herbs and let steep ...you can also steep in warm water like preparing a tea....let steep and cool then pour into a spray bottle....I spray my buses before taking them from the garage to get rid of any left over negative energy from the day before....my buses were unbearable before I started doing that....I also find it calms down the rowdies who get on the buses...I spray around my doors and find that a lot of negative energy dissolves as ppl walk thru.....I have to reapply but  a few spuirts is simple to do....

I have access to white sage and cedar, where do you find sweetgrass? It would be nice to have this around for a quick spritz, because I don't like to sage all the time...my hubby complains about the smell..but he does like how the house feels afterward ;)

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Cat Whisperer:

Karen2:

I have access to white sage and cedar, where do you find sweetgrass? It would be nice to have this around for a quick spritz, because I don't like to sage all the time...my hubby complains about the smell..but he does like how the house feels afterward ;)

Lol. My sons hates the smell also.  One will let me smudge him, the other runs from me. Lol.   I have cedar tress in my yard but I'm going to research and see where the sweetgrass is native to.  

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

It only grows along the coast in the south.  

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
785 posts

Sweetgrass is found on the prairies as well....it's a sacred herb/mecicine of the First Nations...North American Indian....it is used for many purposes...it's added to the smudge ceremony along with the ceder and sage....mixed together it creates a strong spititual protection...you can also drink the teas of each herb as they are good for various ailments...has many uses....I call it the universal remedy....lol...and you can buy it online....I don't know where in the states as I'm Canadian and can get my smudge supplies here....it's hand picked and braided and sold and stored that way...you only need to pinch off a bit from the ends....never cut with scissors or a knife....

updated by @womanwhowalks: 10/19/16 09:14:12PM

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book