Binaural Beats

To post a reply, login or signup

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

I am curious if any of you have ever heard of or tried Binaural Beats? My teenage son turned me on to this as he finds them on YouTube and has been listening them at night to relax and fall asleep. For those that don't know what this is, here is a basic definition:

Binaural beats were originally discovered in 1839 by physicist Heinrich Wilhelm Dove. He discovered when signals of two different frequencies are presented separately, one to each ear, your brain detects the phase variation between the frequencies and tries to reconcile that difference.

In doing so, as the two frequencies mesh in and out of phase, your brain creates its own third signal — called a binaural beat — which is equal to the difference between those two frequencies.

By introducing a precise harmonically layered blend of frequencies to your brain via our audio technology, you can effortlessly achieve powerful states of focused concentration, deep relaxation and more, all while stimulating parts of your brain to work together in synchronization.

When you listen to this it is intensely relaxing (which as an empath I often struggle to relax). I've started using it while meditating and I've reached a deeper state than I ever have. And after doing a little research I found that listening to Binaural Beats is particularly healing for empaths.

updated by @hop-daddy: 02/21/17 09:52:18PM
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Do you use them with headphones, or just loudspeakers? 

Simetimes have binaural in the background, last when studying, to improve concentration, but wasnt too impressed. Am aware though that supposedly one should use headphones?

Must try sonetime for meditation....

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

I have only used with headphones. I think that's probably a must due to how there are changing sound frequencies switching between ears that may not get picked up the same by the brain if using speakers. I've never had a better meditation. I'm finding that there are different Binaural Beats to match different goals (some for meditation, some for healing etc...). The one I recently tried was for stress relief on YouTube at this link:  

https://youtu.be/tbHvN1YR2Zk 

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

Hop Daddy:

I have only used with headphones. I think that's probably a must due to how there are changing sound frequencies switching between ears that may not get picked up the same by the brain if using speakers. I've never had a better meditation. I'm finding that there are different Binaural Beats to match different goals (some for meditation, some for healing etc...). The one I recently tried was for stress relief on YouTube at this link:  

https://youtu.be/tbHvN1YR2Zk 

Hop, check out the Monroe Institute. Robert Monroe used these sound waves to reach higher states of conscienceness years ago. There are a lot of great CDs you can purchase for specific purposes. There are a lot of MP3 downloads a available there too. I have found that it works the best via headphones to get the correct "effect". You are right about the deeper levels experienced with this technique. You might also want to search Hemi-Sync.

Blessings

4peace
@4peace
last year
187 posts

I use binaural beats to meditate.  You need to use headphones to get the best effect.  My meditations are much deeper when I use them.

Jenstone
@jenstone
last year
72 posts

Interesting. Thanks for the posts. 

Have a feeling
@shelly
last year
40 posts

I have been using them for relaxation as well.    Very effective.  :)

Femonique
@femonique
last year
62 posts

I've used them all, but there are also isochronic, selfeggio, and rife frequencies.  Rife frequencies are great for more specific issues, and the rest seem to be more generalized. 

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book