Can someone who's never seen/heard spirit... learn to?

To post a reply, login or signup

Breezy127
@breezy
last year
10 posts
  • I've always had a yearning to help people, after recently finding out I was empathic (1 reiki master years ago and a spiritual advisor/medium I spoke to a week ago have expressed I have this gift), I've been searching everywhere to get more answers. There's so much info about this on the internet, it's just so overwhelming. But, once I began researching I had this gut desire to read people, there's a nagging feeling that I can't shake that I'm supposed to be healing spirits and people but I've never communicated or seen a spirit?! Also, a side note- this spiritual advisor, that I reached out to, believes he can help develope this ability (through his online classes. Although, he said he felt like he was meant to teach me so he's not asking me spend any money), but this is all so new and I'm concerned that my desire for the ability might be clouding my ability to know whether he's scamming me if that make sense? Can I be taught to communicate, in any way, with spirit? 

updated by @breezy: 02/19/17 02:04:50PM
LaoG
@laog
last year
137 posts

probably meditation will help you sense spirits around you

updated by @laog: 10/14/16 04:52:10PM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Well..they say everyone has some psychic abality so I guess it can developed.  I don't understand how they can help you develop it though unless they help you identify the feeling you get or something.  I never really thought about it.   Some people, like myself, just naturally knows, sees and feels.  I mean, like when I was 5 I didn't know what these feeling was about or why I always felt the boogeyman staring at me.  But over time, when I accepted it, it started making sense.    You said you never seen a spirit but have you heard them or felt one walk up to you?  Like breathing down your neck?   Or touched things and a picture of someone or place pops into your head?  

Meditation does help me because it calms and clears my mind so this information can come though   And meditating everyday helps keep me focused and centered but not everyone is into meditation and are very strong psychic and psychic mediums.   It's really what feels right to you.   I'm not medium or psychic or I guess you could say I don't claim those titles because there are some on here that are very gifted, much more than I am.  I probably could do readings but I don't know what I could offer a person that is going to find out , in time , for themselves or already know if they would just think about it.   Maybe that's where the gift lies..telling them things they can't see  or feel for themselves.  Hmmm Idk   

If I was you, I would feel this man out   Your an Empath, go with your intuition  but remember , some things that sound too good to be true, aren't true .  

There are mentors and teachers you can learn from and to ask questions about things but be careful of what you are learning.   There's good and evil in it all.   There is always those darn entities lurking in the darkness just waiting for a chance to attach.  

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Breezy127:

• I've always had a yearning to help people, after recently finding out I was empathic (1 reiki master years ago and a spiritual advisor/medium I spoke to a week ago have expressed I have this gift), I've been searching everywhere to get more answers. There's so much info about this on the internet, it's just so overwhelming. But, once I began researching I had this gut desire to read people, there's a nagging feeling that I can't shake that I'm supposed to be healing spirits and people but I've never communicated or seen a spirit?! Also, a side note- this spiritual advisor, that I reached out to, believes he can help develope this ability (through his online classes. Although, he said he felt like he was meant to teach me so he's not asking me spend any money), but this is all so new and I'm concerned that my desire for the ability might be clouding my ability to know whether he's scamming me if that make sense? Can I be taught to communicate, in any way, with spirit? 

I just reread your topic heading. Lol.  I can't say it isn't possible because at one point of our lives, we couldn't walk or talk, but we can now. Lol. 

sj777
@sj777
last year
3 posts

I believe everyone is a born medium, whether you keep those gifts depends on upbringing, society and your own faith. With practice and meditation these gifts cannot back and can be made stronger. A true medium shouldn't want money, should just want to help others. So in my opinion if this guy wants to help you for free he is genuine, just not sure if I would go with online. I would find a local meditation group and start there. Hope this helps, Sj x

sj777
@sj777
last year
3 posts

Can come back sorry got auto corrected 

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts

Hi....the thing about spirit is that they're everywhere. .....I used to think I never had any run ins with spirit but thinking back I definitely did and didn't realize it....start paying attention to everything around you....open up your charkras and get them functioning...learning to sense energy without your eyes takes practice.....just remember we all don't sense the same way...or the same things all the time.....the thing is to trust what your sensing or picking up in the atmosphere....and sometimes it's hard to do when others are telling you what they're sensing and it's not what YOUR understanding or what your interpretation is....so just be careful...

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

sj777:

I believe everyone is a born medium, whether you keep those gifts depends on upbringing, society and your own faith. With practice and meditation these gifts cannot back and can be made stronger. A true medium shouldn't want money, should just want to help others. So in my opinion if this guy wants to help you for free he is genuine, just not sure if I would go with online. I would find a local meditation group and start there. Hope this helps, Sj x

I do also think that charging for gifts is an iffy one however is a mediums time not as valuable as another's? If they are utelising to assist another should they not charge just as a lifecoach, or psych, or advisor/mentor/support person etc would? If no one was able to charge for natural born gifts the world would be in a sorry state! Money is only energy therefore maybe a fair energy exchange would be appropriate..... 

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

Breezy127:

You mentioned someone you spoke to a week ago reaffirmed this for you....are you able to sit with it a bit longer before jumping into online classes? As most others above have mentioned meditation is helpful... meditation isn't necessarily sitting in lotus pose for hours on end, it's simply a matter of quietening the mind/ego and allowing that inner wisdom to come through... for me I like to be out in nature, quiet beach is a must, mindful colouring/drawing is another way to stop the internal chatter, yoga is a freakin lifesaver... any thing that helps you to calm and quieten and step outside of your mind and find whatever gifts may be hiding is probably going to be more valuable than jumping into an online class with someone else telling you stuff..... just my thoughts :-) 

Breezy127
@breezy
last year
10 posts

I've been reading your posts and have felt so bad letting so much time pass by without thanking each one of you for responding!! It blows me away at how well you're able to express yourselves, you don't know how much I appreciate it! I've had a long history of severe social anxiety and deep depression, which has made it very hard to find a purpose. The possibility that I may have the ability to develope this gift is so exciting but I think I might have been looking at this through rose colored glasses. I definitely don't want to open myself or my daughter up to dark entities. I've been trying to find a spiritual advisor in my area but that feels next to Impossible... I have absolutely taken all of your advice to heart and am so grateful there's a place like this to leave questions like mine that would likely go unanswered! Thanks again to each and everyone,e of you who responded!!

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts

Hi...there's always a possibility the one will encounter a dark entity at some point. ...learning how to deal with this in a positive way is always a good thing....dark entities or energies have a purpose....being afraid is ok....but letting the fear control you is what the dark energies feed on....as a healer I feel i'm required to learn about them even as i'm required to learn about the good energies....I feel that all energy or entities are important to help no matter what....just like the drs in emergencies at hospitals are required to assist no matter who it is that comes in....if it's someone who is dangerous they call in the police or security.....dealing with dark spiritual energy you call in the light spiritual energies to assist you....so start by gathering and getting to know the spirits who can assist you...meditation can help you do that as others have said....I use the aboriginal smudge ritual to call mine in if I need help....or just ask if I can't do it that way.....I also believe that most dark spiritual energies if you treat with respect in most cases aren't bad and can assist in their own way....but that's just me.....lol 

Breezy127
@breezy
last year
10 posts

Hi Karen2, were you always able to communicate/sense spirit? I was just asleep (which with a 10mo, never happens) when I felt like I had to check this post and here you are! I'm guessing you have always had the ability to do so but, I figured I'd ask just in case :)

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts

Yes...I think i've always had the ability but I never paid attention...altho I did watch a lot the paranormal shows thinking I didn't have it and wished that I did....which my spirits laugh at, as do I. ...lol......just as I think you also have the ability....the urge to look at this post  came from a spiritual nudge....I get those all the time too....so there is someone...spirit.. with you as well....start with that...i've always been interest in the spirit world and feel quite comfortable associating with it ...which tells me it's part of what i'm supposed to do....if your feeling like your being called to do this...then go with it ..

Breezy127
@breezy
last year
10 posts

Do you see spirit, in the human form or does it come to you as images in your mind? Sorry to ask so many questions but I just don't know what to expect... having said that. I know everyone's experiences are different but I feel like I should be asking you. I hope you don't think I'm stalking you!! 

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts

Lol...I don't think your stalking... lol....spirit come to me in all forms....sometimes I feel them...sometimes I do get faint impressions....and also in dreams.....spirit is the name we give all energy we don't see....there are all sorts of spirit not just human...altho most of my guides happen to be ancestors of mine...but there are quite a few more....that make up my protections....my ancestors are very spiritual and the spirit world a big part of the old culture before christianity.....my strongest gift is called Clairaudience. ....I hear spirit...quite clearly....sometimes all at once...lol....dreams are communication with the spirit world...messages....I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with my 3rd eye....I have had strong visuals while awake but now it seems to have tapered off...all our gifts seem to be apart of our chakra systems...so when those are all open and working properly everything else works too....my Clairaudience is tied to my throat chakra so that's open and working fine since everything is I hear is clear as a bell....

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts

I think part of my problem with my 3rd eye is the type of work I do....I drive for a living so I have to hold it shut. ....I can't be having visions while driving a bus as i could easily have an accident and that really wouldn't do....

Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

I'm kind of new at this, but I remember having a conversation with friends several years ago. We were comparing stories about our contact with the spirit world (it was very minimal). Another friend looked sad and said she never had an experience like that. I told her she probably had, and didn't know what signs to look for. I told her that pennies were one way spirits connected with us, and dreams. After that, she asked for dreams and got them!!! She was visited by a relative in at least one of them. She has more power than I do by a mile, but was just out of touch with it. We're all older women - over 50 - and sometimes it takes a while to discover your potential.

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Everyone in my family has the gift. I perceive them as human shaped shadows. The problem with that and spirit communications is that few can discern if they are malevolent or just evil things posing as something else. Ask yourself why do I want to do this?  

Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts

I don't think it's harmful to accept teachings from someone over the internet if you go in to see what he has to offer and take only what resonates with you. The problem comes in when you believe everything to be gospel truth instead of listening to your intuition. Are you asking because you are scared of being told untruths or because you are a little afraid of the truth?  Or maybe you lack faithin yourself to recognize if this man is legit? Answering these questions to yourself might be helpful, why are you afraid to accept his help? If you have a bad feeling about it in the pit of your stomach don't do it. If you are compelled to see what he's going to tell you then give it a trial, you can always back out later if it feels wrong. 

Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts

I believe everyone has intuition, how far their gifts extend from there depends on the person. I don't believe we al have it all.

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts

I like you have been told of this gift by all you listed above.  Spirits have always put some fear in me as I've seen them, been touched, had that like blowing feeling, and random smells.  My friend has strong medium capabilities and the spirits never leave her alone and want to communicate.  

sj777
@sj777
last year
3 posts

When I referred to not charging money to help people I meant the types that are just in it for the money and not for helping people. I meant the ones that charge astronomical amounts for half an hour of their time. Sorry should have been more clear. As for negative energies I ask my guides to put a white light of protection around me and I visualize a white light being wrapped around me like a bubble. I see spirit in my head in images and describe them to people. I have seen physically once but it scared me so much. I've asked them to not do that again lol and so far they haven't. I have smelt perfume, heard voices although the hearing is more words being placed in my head that a physical voice so much. I've had spirit physically touch me but again I got scared so they no longer do that. I also receive information in dreams. Hope this helps. Sj 

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Breezy, I don't mean to stray off your topic but I was wondering have others been drawned to missing persons cases.   Some I'm not. I just read it and don't feel a thing but then their are others my remote viewing kicks in and I'm drawn to their surroundings or what I feel is their surroundings and it's always the one that are with have passed on or has never been found.   The ones that are not dead, I can tell they have just walked away.  I have never , thank goods,  sensed someone being held against their will or in danger.     Just wondered if anyone else has this kind of experiences.  

updated by @rene: 10/18/16 11:40:23AM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Breezy127:

Do you see spirit, in the human form or does it come to you as images in your mind? Sorry to ask so many questions but I just don't know what to expect... having said that. I know everyone's experiences are different but I feel like I should be asking you. I hope you don't think I'm stalking you!! 

Lol. She probably use to being "stalked"lol. I ask her questions also.  She is very talented when it comes to spirits and attachments 

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts

Funny you should mention that Rene....last night I was walking home and passed a house that I seemed to never walk directly in front of...I'd veer off before I reached it....I was wondering about that....then last night it was suggested I walk right in front of it....so I did....and suddenly I hear.. dead body....as I passed in front of the house.....i'm not sure where or if it has to do with that house or something on that property...old or new....just...dead body....those are the things I really can't do anything about....there is a missing woman who disappeared last year...she's the wife of a bus driver....hasn't been found...but I strongly feel she's deceased altho they're still hoping she's still alive....she's in a drum or drainage ditch I think....I just don't know where...and thank you very much for the compliment...lol.

updated by @womanwhowalks: 10/18/16 10:09:07PM
jeremie
@jeremie
last year
8 posts

hi breezy I do believe this is something that can be taught. I don't necessarily know the different methods of teaching it myself but I would probably start with some chakra meditations. 

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Karen2:

Funny you should mention that Rene....last night I was walking home and passed a house that I seemed to never walk directly in front of...I'd veer off before I reached it....I was wondering about that....then last night it was suggested I walk right in front of it....so I did....and suddenly I hear.. dead body....as I passed in front of the house.....i'm not sure where or if it has to do with that house or something on that property...old or new....just...dead body....those are the things I really can't do anything about....there is a missing woman who disappeared last year...she's the wife of a bus driver....hasn't been found...but I strongly feel she's deceased altho they're still hoping she's still alive....she's in a drum or drainage ditch I think....I just don't know where...and thank you very much for the compliment...lol.

I have that happen to me also.  I think the spirit was calling you to come by and help.     Sometime I avoid areas because of the same reason.   

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Renee:

sj777:

I do also think that charging for gifts is an iffy one however is a mediums time not as valuable as another's? If they are utelising to assist another should they not charge just as a lifecoach, or psych, or advisor/mentor/support person etc would? If no one was able to charge for natural born gifts the world would be in a sorry state! Money is only energy therefore maybe a fair energy exchange would be appropriate..... 

My grandmother was a medium and helped many people in her time. She was a spiritualist who followed Allan Kardek's book. She also never charges a dime and she could have used the $. I know a very talented lady who is very psychic and she does charge, but she does for people who can afford it and agree to it beforehand. She makes a living at it. So in her case I agree.

Breezy127
@breezy
last year
10 posts

Paul:

Renee:

sj777:

My grandmother was a medium and helped many people in her time. She was a spiritualist who followed Allan Kardek's book. She also never charges a dime and she could have used the $. I know a very talented lady who is very psychic and she does charge, but she does for people who can afford it and agree to it beforehand. She makes a living at it. So in her case I agree.

Paul, would you mind giving contact info? I would love to contact her!! 

Breezy127
@breezy
last year
10 posts

Finally I'm able to get back online and thank everyone for commenting! I want to respond to you each of you, but my daughter refuses to let me touch the ipad unless we're surfing through pictures of her! By the time she's gone to bed I'm exhausted. Please know I have questions and will get back to you guys, so get your rest... I'll be back!! 😀

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Paul, would you mind giving contact info? I would love to contact her!! 

[/quote]

I can vouch for her as being genuine but she does charge for her services, that is her only means of support. I do know that she has private services at her home and may even do it over the phone her website is http://silvereignpublishing.com/

Also I'm not sure if I'm breaking any rules here, not intentionally anyways. Not trying to promote her in anyway. 

updated by @paul: 10/21/16 08:14:55AM
Breezy127
@breezy
last year
10 posts

That's so great!! You have no idea how much I appreciate it!

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

LOL, just remembered of the ghost I saw once. I was in Texas working at an electronic store. We had a long counter and behind it were rebate papers. I saw an old dude in a Hawaiian shirt lean over about half way, looked away for a moment and then he was gone. No way the guy could have walked or ran 30 feet either way. I called it the Fry's ghost. Of course no one else saw him leaning over the counter.

1neWhoknowz
@1newhoknowz
last year
2 posts

Hello My name is Aryi and I was apart of the old EC for about a year and some change. Recently rejoined. Everything I learned was through the psychic development classes here. If it were not for that training my knowing abilities would not be wherethey are today and I didn't have to pay for it. Elise Lebeau videos and 1 on 1 coaching is A1. You have to very least of people who claim theu can teach you. You have unlimited potential within your own life that You must activate all the person can do is maybe show you where the key is of they even know.It's unfortunate how many people claim to be guru's. If I were you I would join the psychic developmemt studies and keep doing it until one day you have a real live person in front of you and you just download information! Because of this experience I am a Self Awareness Empowerment Coach and Intuitive Counselor. I have been paid to do this work for people but YOU have got to be willing to do the work for yourself! !!

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Welcome back Aryi, Cat is still here but is currently taking care of some things that need to be taken care of. We did 2 new psychic experiments. perhaps you want to give it a try. I do agree we have learned lots from those. If you want on the "What Are Your Favorite Crystals?" some one posted 3 pics of a crystals called Uluru stone. I would be very interested in your emphatic impressions. I have posted some and there are more but not sure if I should. You may take it private if you wish. I've never come across something like that.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book