discussion re: soul mates / new loves

To post a reply, login or signup

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

hey all, 

just wanting some discussion feedback opinions on soul mates. I hold the opinion that we each travel as a collective of soul "mates" throughout lifetimes and that these souls are in various relationships to us i.e. - friends, family, lovers, haters, but are all here to assist us in our journeys. However was reading/listening to something recently about drawing a soul mate (romantic not plutonic) into your life - to be honest cannot remember where i read if it was on here or elsewhere - but basically to begin a conversation with your "soul mate in waiting" and to try to feel their presence... interestingly on the occasions when i do this it almost feels as though someone is right with me. like they could be next to me in the car, lounge, bed wherever i am etc i can feel the energy, body heat, breath etc however, is this my own "hope" wishful thinking haha.... i also know that by holding on to those from the past this may prevent another from coming in so I'm trying my hardest to let go there (not overly successfully but better than in the past!) .... but just wanting to know any thoughts opinions on this... yep i know kinda desperate for company but isn't it nice to think we could all love and be loved in return! 

thanks peoples 

updated by @renee: 02/26/17 11:46:57AM
LaoG
@laog
last year
137 posts

its nearly impossible to navigate systematically this type of stuff in my opinion it seems to be a matter of good intuition. for example if someone fear and attraction are both states of arousal, and both can be intense in soul mate type scenarios but they can also be there when someone meets a charismatic psychopath. i think though, that with a soul mate there will be a lot of platonic feelings as well as romantic, to an extent from the start. i would go so far as to say it would be weird if there were not any at all since it only makes sense that someone can love someone outside of the courting/sexual context, if they are soul mates.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

I heard my soul mate speaking to me, followed my intuition and travelled 1200 miles, and met him within 2 months. I believe if a person gets out of their own way, listens to their intuition, and follows the guidance, they will be led where they need to go, what they need to do, and to who they need in their life. :)

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

LaoG:

its nearly impossible to navigate systematically this type of stuff in my opinion it seems to be a matter of good intuition. for example if someone fear and attraction are both states of arousal, and both can be intense in soul mate type scenarios but they can also be there when someone meets a charismatic psychopath. i think though, that with a soul mate there will be a lot of platonic feelings as well as romantic, to an extent from the start. i would go so far as to say it would be weird if there were not any at all since it only makes sense that someone can love someone outside of the courting/sexual context, if they are soul mates.

I have to agree with a lot of this, such a complex issue and really at the end of the day any "truth" of the matter is simply ones individual truth I guess. I do understand the idea of both fear and attraction having similar effects, my last long term relationship which I do believe was a soul mate connection however not your fairytale soul mate lovers but more of a "intensely deep connection with so so many lessons to be learnt from each other" but was tainted with so so much fear and insecurity which did translate to intense desire, passion and yet also codependency ... The idea of their being a lot of plutonic feelings I would have to say is a given isn't it? There must be friendship, trust, respect, individuality, the ability to challenge, but without of that I would hope their would also be the ability to openly love, be vulnerable, to accept etc etc 

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

Lotusfly:

I heard my soul mate speaking to me, followed my intuition and travelled 1200 miles, and met him within 2 months. I believe if a person gets out of their own way, listens to their intuition, and follows the guidance, they will be led where they need to go, what they need to do, and to who they need in their life. :)

See this I get! Completely! I've come across so so many stories of the same, so I'm so happy to hear another! It brings so much hope 💕, and yes get out of your own way.... I have a lot of fears around being in that vulnerable state of loving another again due to past hurts, but I do feel I'm moving through those really well and can feel that I've torn down so many walls, so from that aspect I feel I'm ok to begin moving forward and seeking out.... My issue is, the guy I'm having problems with letting go of who I feel is "that one"  (is also not the long term relationship that I actually let go of the emotional connection too really quickly, which is also why I don't understand why I'm stuck on this dude!!) I read somewhere that some want a soul mate where the chemistry is electric and the energy is constantly intense and your in complete disarray out of love and lust and yet the "one" is actually the one with whom you settle. The energy and chemistry can subside for a moment and you just feel like you've come home. With him it was both of those. When we began talking the chemistry flew, then when we met it subsided and it was like talking to an old friend, like we'd know each other for an eternity, like going home to that comfy bed and just allowing myself to relax and settle in and know I was safe... HOWEVER I do think that even if that is the case we are not meant to be together in this lifetime and that's ok. I kind of feel like it was a bit of a "hey remember me, don't forget where your heading" and I'm ok with that. If I'm wrong then someone else will come along and all will be well, and if I'm right that explanation gives me enough comfort to move on knowing that any other relationships can and will be just as significant as I do believe we are destined to cross paths will all that we do for so many different reasons... However... Back to the post. So you prior to meeting your mate, did you feel their presence? Like they were close by and you were already connected? That's what I'm feeling. It's like they are already there, so now I'm looking, I'm scouting potentials, but all I see is those who are off limits haha I don't feel a need to go excessively overboard with "searching" I feel like if they are meant to be around me we will cross paths by going about our normal routines... But where oh where!!!!!! 

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

dproper:

Soul mates do not have to be male/female. Soul mates can allso be two men and two women...

Soul mates have nothing to do with sex... not physical sex anyway...Wink

I most definitely agree with you in that! I'm already aware of a few soul mates with me in various capacities - life friends/ family members etc... I don't believe at all that all sexual contacts are even remotely close to soul mates, but do believe that some could be... and it's the energy of those that I'm interested in... I can "be in contact with a soul mate" and work out from the energy whether it's my lifelong friend, sister, brother or other etc... but this new energy that only comes when I specify "lover" soulmate is newer, different energy so was just interested in this perspective of soul mate 

Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts

I don't think all soul mates are blissful relationships.  There is one person whom I connected with instantly, there's something there for sure between us.  However, we can't communicate for love nor money.  We are constantly having to explain our words, repeat things, remind each other... I've never in my life had so much trouble communicating with someone.  However, we are hopelessly attracted since the moment we met.  I know this won't last, it hasn't even become a relationship really even with some level of intimacy we continue to bounce back and forth.  It's tumultuous, emotional, and frustrating but we keep finding ways move together and away... who knows how it will end up but I don't believe it will be together.  The only thing I can make of it is that there are lessons to be learned here, we were brought into each other's lives for a reason and it will come about eventually.  I do believe that we will always in some way shape or form keep in touch and hold a special place for each other though.

The ultimate question is do we let things run their course and be open to what is happening or do we make rational, logical decisions and push things in the direction we are more comfortable with?  Is it predestination or stupidity?  I'll never know because I follow my heart more than anything else... the way I am built.

Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts

Since i posted last i read an article about recognizing past life connections and it resonated with me. I think this person is someone I've connected with in a past life and that is why things are so tumultuous. Makes so much sense now. 

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts

@renee, I totally understand everything you wrote.  If you are looking for your true mate/lover, I can tell you what I did.  He came and went, but I still believe til this day he is the one but yet im moving on from it.  I feel I've met alot of soul mates and learned from them, those individuals.  They are also not in my life.  I've also had re-occurring dreams about those individuals which always felt like a different era.  

If you want to re unite with the one you loved for many lifetimes, put it down on paper and everything you want in that person down to how they look.  The appearance was easy for me as I dreamt of this man since childhood and I never understood why I had such a love for this person I never met.  After putting it all on paper, and just had this knowing he was coming was there for a few years.  Naturally when I did eventually meet this man, I didn't know how to react LOL.  Then the signs started happening.  I wasn't in a good place in my life, and couldn't move past my difficult time in life years ago.  But after meeting him, you better believe I got myself together.  And I couldn't tell you how it happened, that lost feeling I had all of a sudden just went away and I was able to piece my life back so quickly.   Even though no romantic relationship came out of it like a fairytale, I am moving on from him.  It was hard to do so but it helped me move on and grow right now.  I'll see signs here and there, and I use that as a guide for my path in life.

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

TigerLily:

@renee, I totally understand everything you wrote.  If you are looking for your true mate/lover, I can tell you what I did.  He came and went, but I still believe til this day he is the one but yet im moving on from it.  I feel I've met alot of soul mates and learned from them, those individuals.  They are also not in my life.  I've also had re-occurring dreams about those individuals which always felt like a different era.  

If you want to re unite with the one you loved for many lifetimes, put it down on paper and everything you want in that person down to how they look.  The appearance was easy for me as I dreamt of this man since childhood and I never understood why I had such a love for this person I never met.  After putting it all on paper, and just had this knowing he was coming was there for a few years.  Naturally when I did eventually meet this man, I didn't know how to react LOL.  Then the signs started happening.  I wasn't in a good place in my life, and couldn't move past my difficult time in life years ago.  But after meeting him, you better believe I got myself together.  And I couldn't tell you how it happened, that lost feeling I had all of a sudden just went away and I was able to piece my life back so quickly.   Even though no romantic relationship came out of it like a fairytale, I am moving on from him.  It was hard to do so but it helped me move on and grow right now.  I'll see signs here and there, and I use that as a guide for my path in life.

Ahhhh yes this is the one! Yep in an attempt to move past "that one" that I'm still very pulled too (it does seem to be lessening as I'm actively NOT thinking of him! Really no idea how that's meant to happen haha) but I did write down - the qualities and characteristics I would like to draw into my life, the qualitities characterisitics I have to offer, the energy that the relationship may have... 2 nights later I dreamt of 2 who were sitting together.. both very similar in appearance and the energy from both was as I'd written. For me I thought "yep well of course that's what's in my mind so that's what came up" however over the course of the next couple of months I've crossed paths with 2 separate guys both fitting the description of the guys in the dreams, 1 stated that he felt connected to me somehow, the other appeared stunned when I turned to look at him, was lost for words and began mindlessly blabbering - it was really quite funny! - however I have no way to contact the first and I've gone back to the place where the 2nd worked and he hasn't been there! I figure if we are meant to cross paths again we will, and I know there are a lot of things in my life that still need to be sorted before someone could really come into it... but for the 1st time in a long time it's just getting kinda lonely! So someone, even just plutonic to begin with would be kinda nice! I do find it interesting that they were the splitting image of the guys in the dreams and both seemed to recognise me.... as for the other dude that I'm infactuated with, at some point I have no doubt we will cross paths again, if not I know I'll see him in another lifetime 

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts

I totally get what you mean about dreaming someone and then actually meeting them.  That was the guy I wrote about, for years I dreamt this man and then he came.  I do recall the last time I saw him he did have a fear in his eyes when he looked at me.  I never understood if at that moment maybe he did recognize who I was or not.  Keep up the positivity and you will see those 2 again :)

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

Nikki3:

I don't think all soul mates are blissful relationships.  There is one person whom I connected with instantly, there's something there for sure between us.  However, we can't communicate for love nor money.  We are constantly having to explain our words, repeat things, remind each other... I've never in my life had so much trouble communicating with someone.  However, we are hopelessly attracted since the moment we met.  I know this won't last, it hasn't even become a relationship really even with some level of intimacy we continue to bounce back and forth.  It's tumultuous, emotional, and frustrating but we keep finding ways move together and away... who knows how it will end up but I don't believe it will be together.  The only thing I can make of it is that there are lessons to be learned here, we were brought into each other's lives for a reason and it will come about eventually.  I do believe that we will always in some way shape or form keep in touch and hold a special place for each other though.

The ultimate question is do we let things run their course and be open to what is happening or do we make rational, logical decisions and push things in the direction we are more comfortable with?  Is it predestination or stupidity?  I'll never know because I follow my heart more than anything else... the way I am built.

Most definitely agree with you on this! @nikki3 my last relationship was a soul connection that lasted 11yrs, we now have kids together but are not in contact at the moment however it is a lifetime thing. But it was one of the most intense relationships I can.imagine! Neither of us could let go. We learnt so much from each other. And in the end he destroyed my life... the greatest thing is in experiencing that, I then got to choose what aspects of self I wanted to pick back up and what I had to let go of.... soul mate relationships are definitely not always smoothe sailing. I also don't think they disqualify the importance of non soul connections. I think all relationships are equally as important as they do teach us stuff... I also have a couple of soul mates in my children (some are my soul mates others are their fathers and 1 is completely new and beautiful energy!) so they are very much diverse in the way they come to us! 

Im also with you on being a heart follower! As much as my rational Virgo mind tries to stop me it never succeeds and I love with all I have! I'm going to ponder on your questions though... do we push or flow????? 

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

TigerLily:

I totally get what you mean about dreaming someone and then actually meeting them.  That was the guy I wrote about, for years I dreamt this man and then he came.  I do recall the last time I saw him he did have a fear in his eyes when he looked at me.  I never understood if at that moment maybe he did recognize who I was or not.  Keep up the positivity and you will see those 2 again :)

Wow that's interesting that you had dreamt of your guy from childhood! Soul connections are so very strong aren't they! Strange the fear though.... did you ever explore that? wgat them at fear was? Where it was coming from? 

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts

I have no idea where the fear came from.  But I know I had fear for him as well.  After we met about a year later I started having more dreams about him, a few were him saving me from something, and others were like he wanted me there but didnt.  Since nothING ever happened and he moved earlier this year I said it was time to let him go and establish other relationships.  Then I dreamt of him again the other night only it felt like he was talking in my ear and I couldn't make sense of it.  I really don't think about him anymore and focusing my energies on this new guy, whom I really like and want to see where it goes.  I figure if this man comes back again (as he has disappeared and come back), I'll deal with it then.  For now just going about life and live it to the fullest to the best I can :)

Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts

Maybe he is a past life love and there is soul recognition? It may not have been a good relationship. Maybe you're not destinedto be together and tge dreams are a warning? Or maybe the dreams are telling you something else. Never get stuck on one idea, be open to the possibility that the dream was not an answer to your seeking a new love /soul mate.

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts

I have no idea on anything with him anymore lol.  The dreams, the signs, all drove me a little nuts for a while.  But now I just see it as more of a guide/direction to the right path in life.  I decided already to not think any more of it and just move in.  It was a very strong connection that's for sure, one I never felt b4.  

But I will say this, it's a great feeling and it did put things at ease inside me.  I wish upon everyone to meet theirs.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Renee:

Lotusfly:

See this I get! Completely! I've come across so so many stories of the same, so I'm so happy to hear another! It brings so much hope 💕, and yes get out of your own way.... I have a lot of fears around being in that vulnerable state of loving another again due to past hurts, but I do feel I'm moving through those really well and can feel that I've torn down so many walls, so from that aspect I feel I'm ok to begin moving forward and seeking out.... My issue is, the guy I'm having problems with letting go of who I feel is "that one"  (is also not the long term relationship that I actually let go of the emotional connection too really quickly, which is also why I don't understand why I'm stuck on this dude!!) I read somewhere that some want a soul mate where the chemistry is electric and the energy is constantly intense and your in complete disarray out of love and lust and yet the "one" is actually the one with whom you settle. The energy and chemistry can subside for a moment and you just feel like you've come home. With him it was both of those. When we began talking the chemistry flew, then when we met it subsided and it was like talking to an old friend, like we'd know each other for an eternity, like going home to that comfy bed and just allowing myself to relax and settle in and know I was safe... HOWEVER I do think that even if that is the case we are not meant to be together in this lifetime and that's ok. I kind of feel like it was a bit of a "hey remember me, don't forget where your heading" and I'm ok with that. If I'm wrong then someone else will come along and all will be well, and if I'm right that explanation gives me enough comfort to move on knowing that any other relationships can and will be just as significant as I do believe we are destined to cross paths will all that we do for so many different reasons... However... Back to the post. So you prior to meeting your mate, did you feel their presence? Like they were close by and you were already connected? That's what I'm feeling. It's like they are already there, so now I'm looking, I'm scouting potentials, but all I see is those who are off limits haha I don't feel a need to go excessively overboard with "searching" I feel like if they are meant to be around me we will cross paths by going about our normal routines... But where oh where!!!!!! 

Yes, it felt like he was right there with me and we were communicating telepathically. It was so comforting! Then, when we did meet, it was unexpected.

I think both of your energies will draw you to each other when you least expect it. It's good to keep an eye out, but don't try too hard. Soul mates are receptive to one another, so it will be hard to resist each other after you meet. I suggest going about your daily life and follow the synchronocities to where they lead you. Enjoy! :)

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

yes most definitely @lotusfly need to keep living life, and to be honest my life is so busy that i have no idea how i would jam another person in there! I tend to be selfish with my time so..... lol i do just find it interesting though as to whether one can feel the others energy! If i connect again with either of them i will be making sure i ask... hey on this date could you feel me talking to you hahaha :-) 

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book