God...the big question

To post a reply, login or signup

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Being empaths, we feel more than the ordinary person. My questions for you are...do you feel a part of a larger whole? Do you feel something "orchestrating" the universe? If so, do you believe in God (a higher being)?

My answer is yes to the above questions. However, I can't tell what exactly God is and if there really are other beings (metaphysical and/or extraterrestrial) around us, and/or other dimensions or timelines.

For example, are there really angels and spirit guides, or do we simply want to believe there are, so our brains manifest them (the same with the concept of other dimensions or timelines)?

I also don't know if my life (or any of ours) is a miracle or planned? Furthermore, does God (the higher being orchestrating us) have a plan for us, or are we an experiment and He's simply seeing how we do while also guiding us?

Just some food for thought for anyone who wishes to discuss their thoughts and viewpoints :)

updated by @lotusfly: 03/07/17 04:37:36AM
Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts

I used to have a pretty solid belief in God and an orchestrated plan. The my nephew was killed in an accident and i lost all faith in anything but life and death. I'm starting to see things differently now that I've been reading on empath gifts. I've always believed in the spirit world to some extent, except for the last 6 years i mourned the passing of my nephew, his passing was very traumatizing for me. I also believe in the power of our minds and most people can't even fathom what our minds are capable of. I'm currently reforming what i believe bit by bit starting with empathic abilities and building as i see evidence to build. Your questions are my questions, i can't answer any but i can say they are great questions. 

RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
last year
110 posts

I do believe there is a God but not  defined by any religion or belief system.No one can really explain how the universe came to be,even if the Big Bang theory is true...what created the first particle,set everything into motion and so on.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

RyuukoGo:

I do believe there is a God but not  defined by any religion or belief system.No one can really explain how the universe came to be,even if the Big Bang theory is true...what created the first particle,set everything into motion and so on.

You're right, Ryuukogo, none of us know the truth, and that is what makes it so fascinating. I'm even wondering if coincidences are synchronocities or simply meaningful to the person so that they can make sense of the world and feel comforted in their decisions. We've been basing our life on symbolism for thousands of years, since the Native Americans at least, and it appears for the purpose of giving life meaning and guiding us. But WHAT exactly is sending the signs and/or guiding us, if anything? And like you mentioned, how did it all start? Or WHO started it? :)

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Nikki3:

I used to have a pretty solid belief in God and an orchestrated plan. The my nephew was killed in an accident and i lost all faith in anything but life and death. I'm starting to see things differently now that I've been reading on empath gifts. I've always believed in the spirit world to some extent, except for the last 6 years i mourned the passing of my nephew, his passing was very traumatizing for me. I also believe in the power of our minds and most people can't even fathom what our minds are capable of. I'm currently reforming what i believe bit by bit starting with empathic abilities and building as i see evidence to build. Your questions are my questions, i can't answer any but i can say they are great questions. 

Nikki, life can certainly change us and our beliefs. I can see where you're coming from and how you could lose all hope because of what happened to your nephew (God rest his soul). I'm glad you allowed yourself time to heal and that you are now starting to reevaluate your beliefs. It's good to always be seeking improvement and answers :)

RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
last year
110 posts

Lotusfly:

You're right, Ryuukogo, none of us know the truth, and that is what makes it so fascinating. I'm even wondering if coincidences are synchronocities or simply meaningful to the person so that they can make sense of the world and feel comforted in their decisions. We've been basing our life on symbolism for thousands of years, since the Native Americans at least, and it appears for the purpose of giving life meaning and guiding us. But WHAT exactly is sending the signs and/or guiding us, if anything? And like you mentioned, how did it all start? Or WHO started it? :)

I am 1/4 native Indian which is probably why I don't accept the "western" idea of God.

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

I have a dodg keynboard, so I'll try to keep it brief.

I believe that everything is energy and kpart of a whole/ ONE! Doubt there is just one creating being, rather we all take/ took part in creating our Universe. But sure some beings are bigger and stronger than others (but even that is likely temporary illusion).

Sure there is confused Spriit out there, but I believe that the essesence of existence is Love and Good! Else I doubt something as miraculous as Earth and Nature could have come to be. If at the core were bad - we'd all be blobs of mud continuously bashing each other mudheads in - lol.

Furthermore I am a Spriitual Healer - I ask to be connected to Ultimate Good Energies and channel them form my or a clients benefit. I let the energies do what they think should be done, it feels like always something happening, and usually clienst feel better for it afterwards..... And many come back.If I channeled crap or manipulative energies - I doubt the outcome would be the same.

I also belief that we are eternal and go on - and do not become unconsous after leaving our bodies. Why shoukld we? We are energy, energy cannot bo stopped/ deactivated - only transmuted. And why would we be different to other energies? As empaths we feel energy continously. And just because e.g. a fear energy leaves his/ her host and comes to us - does not annul that energy, we still feel it!! Which makes me belief then too that there are no evil overloars ruling the UKniverse in eternity - as all the deceased souls would have started a revolution/ riot long ago!!!! And overthrown them!!!! (it is the same as on Earth, I doubt that most will believe that the gross of humans is evil. There is some evil ones, and if they get power and weapons they can suppress many good hearted folk. But once we leave our bodies and we remember our eternity, we cannot be manipulated and controlled with fear of death anymore....)

Sure - I cannot guarntee that I am right - but neither can someone telling you anything else. With those who are more pessimistic in their outlook on eternity and Spirit - I agree there is confused Spirit out there. If we want to ascertain that we have ultimate Good helpers, unconditionally loving ones, we have to ask for such, and that they protect us (again and again) against confused ones. Just calling upon a being we were told is benign, can be naive. Some supposed beign beings might be wearing holy masks. But if we specifiy that we want genuine beign only - we are as ok as can be on this planet.....

Love and Light!

Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts

@dproper you make some very interesting points and I've believed that way for a very long time. I'm questioning it a bit though, since my nephew passed I've wavered between what you believe and what goodenergyhealing believes and i feel like it's something in between. 

ggoodenergyhealing i love the things you say and how you approach issues in such a diplomatic way. There is peace and comfort inside your words.

This forum really is awesome for all of us to put things out there to think about. 

Love and light to you both :)

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

interesting food for thought! I have to say i most definitely believe in a higher consciousness, however not entirely convinced that all is being orchestrated. I like to think of the human realm as a bit of a theatre, we all choose to walk on stage, play our characters, follow the storylines we have scripted, learn the lessons we need and continue on our way. I do also agree with @goodhealingenergy that we are energy and energy cannot be destroyed only transmuted, therefore after our human existence (however many lifetimes that may be) I would hope and believe we go on to else where. 

I had a beautiful experience of sitting with my aunty 48hrs before she passed, she had been terminally ill for many years and was in the stage of drifting between here and there (wherever there was) and she was in dialogue with other spiritual beings. Others (friends and family - closer than i was) who were there would go sit with her however the other beings would shut down the communications, however when i sat with her they continued speaking. I asked her if it was ok for me to be with her and she said they had said yes as they know me. As she described them (to me they the image was ancient egyptian high priest and priestesses as well as the "place" she was "working" in for them was what i imagined egyptian temples to be with the symbols and engravings she was describing) i realised that the high priest was a being that had come to me months earlier - he was surrounded by a light and music i could not for the life of me describe or replicate - and one of the females - high priestesses - is now my guide coming in about a year after this event. At the time they did tell her to tell me they would be staying close and would see me again soon. Because of all this and so much else that has happened, i cannot even begin to believe that "nothing else" exists. That we are the best of the best. 

What is the plan behind all this? I have no idea but what I'm getting lately is, the purpose is to just find our way home......thats it. Go Home...... and I'm feeling like i only have a few (relative to the souls complete journey so whether that is 1 or 100 i have no idea) more lives left before i reach home! I hope so, because i am tired!!!!! 

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

My answer is yes, too :) My religion is super close to my heart (I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). We believe in God and Jesus Christ, and we definitely believe in angels, too - that they walk among us and help us like Christ taught. 

I believe the purpose of life is to become as much like Jesus Christ as we can so that we can return to live with God. We don't believe in earning exaltation, but we believe in "learning" the attributes we will need in order to receive a fulness of joy in God's presence.

And as far as destiny goes, some people disagree with me but I see higher purpose and symbols all throughout life in general and it seems to me that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that's a hard concept to believe, but in the end, it tends to bring more comfort to me than any other feeling.

If anyone reading this wants to learn more, I highly recommend reading The Book of Mormon because it is filled with more truth than any other book I've read! (You can also chat with me if you want. I love to talk about religion <3) 

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

dproper:

renee...

Are you open to a new concept, a different aspect, on not only your talents to see your ancestor's, but the ancestor's of other humans?

Plus... may I ask where your family defended from?  Briefly... I know you have a library of knowledge...Wink

Always open to new ideas and new theories, love exploring ideas. My family lines are Maori (fathers side) and welsh (mothers side) - Egyptian like guide? Hmm no idea but she is there however whether my interpretation of Egyptian like is correct I have no idea, it's more her energy that I've been fascinated by..... My other guide who has been around as long as I can recall is a male Maori tohunga (Maori shaman type) .... 

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Renee:

interesting food for thought! I have to say i most definitely believe in a higher consciousness, however not entirely convinced that all is being orchestrated. I like to think of the human realm as a bit of a theatre, we all choose to walk on stage, play our characters, follow the storylines we have scripted, learn the lessons we need and continue on our way. I do also agree with @goodhealingenergy that we are energy and energy cannot be destroyed only transmuted, therefore after our human existence (however many lifetimes that may be) I would hope and believe we go on to else where. 

I had a beautiful experience of sitting with my aunty 48hrs before she passed, she had been terminally ill for many years and was in the stage of drifting between here and there (wherever there was) and she was in dialogue with other spiritual beings. Others (friends and family - closer than i was) who were there would go sit with her however the other beings would shut down the communications, however when i sat with her they continued speaking. I asked her if it was ok for me to be with her and she said they had said yes as they know me. As she described them (to me they the image was ancient egyptian high priest and priestesses as well as the "place" she was "working" in for them was what i imagined egyptian temples to be with the symbols and engravings she was describing) i realised that the high priest was a being that had come to me months earlier - he was surrounded by a light and music i could not for the life of me describe or replicate - and one of the females - high priestesses - is now my guide coming in about a year after this event. At the time they did tell her to tell me they would be staying close and would see me again soon. Because of all this and so much else that has happened, i cannot even begin to believe that "nothing else" exists. That we are the best of the best. 

What is the plan behind all this? I have no idea but what I'm getting lately is, the purpose is to just find our way home......thats it. Go Home...... and I'm feeling like i only have a few (relative to the souls complete journey so whether that is 1 or 100 i have no idea) more lives left before i reach home! I hope so, because i am tired!!!!! 

Sounds like a Death Bed Visions. Reading/ researching about Death Bed Visions and or Near Death Experiences make it quite hard in my opinion to not believe that we go on some form or another :))

updated by @goodenergyhealing: 10/10/16 06:33:42PM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Lotusfly:

Being empaths, we feel more than the ordinary person. My questions for you are...do you feel a part of a larger whole? Do you feel something "orchestrating" the universe? If so, do you believe in God (a higher being)?

My answer is yes to the above questions. However, I can't tell what exactly God is and if there really are other beings (metaphysical and/or extraterrestrial) around us, and/or other dimensions or timelines.

For example, are there really angels and spirit guides, or do we simply want to believe there are, so our brains manifest them (the same with the concept of other dimensions or timelines)?

I also don't know if my life (or any of ours) is a miracle or planned? Furthermore, does God (the higher being orchestrating us) have a plan for us, or are we an experiment and He's simply seeing how we do while also guiding us?

Just some food for thought for anyone who wishes to discuss their thoughts and viewpoints :)

Hmmm, God.  The Bible is a scary book.  My mom use to have a refrigerator magnet that read "read the Bible, it will scare the hell out if you ". Lol. And it's true.  

Yes, I do believe there is a God , the father of the universe and I believe in Mother Nature to..I think.  

I believe Jesus was the ultimate Empath.  

But just because I give them the name God and Jesus , I think other religions have it right also.  

I do believe in guides and angels.  But , you know, I really cannot disagree with what or the lack of what others think or believe because I know my experiences with spirits and it's not a joke or my imagination.   It is real so I can't say I don't believe what someone else sees or hear or feels   

Anything is possible.   

When you start judging others for what they believe then you start loosing the belief in yourself   

Im not one that pushes conspiracy theories on people and   I don't feel I need to campaign for spirituality,  you either have it or you don't   Sometimes when your working overtime trying to convince someone your way is the way to the light , your not trying to win them over but your trying to convince yourself of  what is real.  

And Lotusfly, you are real !  You have nice energy   

LaoG
@laog
last year
137 posts

God created this world with both destruction and evil and peace and love therefore I have concluded that God does not have any attachment to us in particular. Every day millions of lifeforms die and are born, and in ways that are evil, justified by justice or accidental. Right now most likely a child is being abused severely and traumatised. Somewhere else a child is being embraced in love. I personally appreciate the life God has given me and the lives of my loved ones, and the fact that I can experience love because God has created it, but I do not appreciate the disgusting injustice God allows. So, I am not sure if what I feel is hate toward God but I don't really like God, because of the predation God has made in nature.

I have experienced, and I am sure others on this forum have experienced future visions, synchronities, eerily lucky moments etc. but I have no idea if that points to some "fate" and even if it does, I do not know if this fate is "good" because it is bizarre to me that I could have a special fate when some toddler was wiped out for no good reason somewhere at some point this week. But I believe it is possible that this God is affected by our desires.

I believe there is a sort of "spiritual gravity" that changes reality to some extent, like in the concept of magick, emotion + intent creates manifestation. Which is to say "God" could be the ultimate expression of emotion, which is why there is hatred love malice and generosity abundant in this world, or rather this Universe.

I contemplate this stuff a lot because I want to understand, but I don't think God is sane by our standards, because God does not have a death. I believe we are all pieces of God, or rather that all that is, is an expression of God, aspects of God. And that ultimately and collectively God is only concerned with expressing aspects of itself in order to "experience", rather that is to experience despair, ecstasy, malice, envy, lust or righteousness. I believe the experience itself is the objective of God. If to be alive is to be biased in conduct and belief, then to be "God" is to be unbiased, unattached, apathetic, of no opinion. In which case, as Nietzsche put it, humanity evolves by becoming less of God, because by such a definition God is lifeless yet the provider of all life.

To survive, species kill each other or feed off of the produce of the earth, and essentially nature is either a battlefield or a utopia, though the latter is most often not the case. We are largely moulded by what is necessary to fulfill desires, and while survival can cost spiritual well being, the reverse can be true, or we may even die without a chance to protect ourselves. So to me a lot of words can describe God but a dualistic anomaly seems to be what God is. 

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

LaoG:

God created this world with both destruction and evil and peace and love therefore I have concluded that God does not have any attachment to us in particular. Every day millions of lifeforms die and are born, and in ways that are evil, justified by justice or accidental. Right now most likely a child is being abused severely and traumatised. Somewhere else a child is being embraced in love. I personally appreciate the life God has given me and the lives of my loved ones, and the fact that I can experience love because God has created it, but I do not appreciate the disgusting injustice God allows. So, I am not sure if what I feel is hate toward God but I don't really like God, because of the predation God has made in nature.

I have experienced, and I am sure others on this forum have experienced future visions, synchronities, eerily lucky moments etc. but I have no idea if that points to some "fate" and even if it does, I do not know if this fate is "good" because it is bizarre to me that I could have a special fate when some toddler was wiped out for no good reason somewhere at some point this week. But I believe it is possible that this God is affected by our desires.

I believe there is a sort of "spiritual gravity" that changes reality to some extent, like in the concept of magick, emotion + intent creates manifestation. Which is to say "God" could be the ultimate expression of emotion, which is why there is hatred love malice and generosity abundant in this world, or rather this Universe.

I contemplate this stuff a lot because I want to understand, but I don't think God is sane by our standards, because God does not have a death. I believe we are all pieces of God, or rather that all that is, is an expression of God, aspects of God. And that ultimately and collectively God is only concerned with expressing aspects of itself in order to "experience", rather that is to experience despair, ecstasy, malice, envy, lust or righteousness. I believe the experience itself is the objective of God. If to be alive is to be biased in conduct and belief, then to be "God" is to be unbiased, unattached, apathetic, of no opinion. In which case, as Nietzsche put it, humanity evolves by becoming less of God, because by such a definition God is lifeless yet the provider of all life.

To survive, species kill each other or feed off of the produce of the earth, and essentially nature is either a battlefield or a utopia, though the latter is most often not the case. We are largely moulded by what is necessary to fulfill desires, and while survival can cost spiritual well being, the reverse can be true, or we may even die without a chance to protect ourselves. So to me a lot of words can describe God but a dualistic anomaly seems to be what God is. 

I,  too, have wrestled with concept of free will.  The decision of a child molester or child rapist will not only affect the child but hundreds of people that is connected to or reads about his crime.  Then after he has raped and murdered that child he can achieve Gods enlightenment and be forgiven for his sins when I'm over her, helping everyone , trying to be Christ like, and may never feel that enlightenment from God.   I have ask many of times   why cant God destroy all Evil and the Devil.  He can make donkeys talk and cast out demons into pigs and they jump in a lake, why can't he stop evil.  Why give man free will to cause pain.  

Then , I go back to Empath community 101.  Everything is energy.  It cannot be destroyed.   It can only take different shapes and forms.   So Are their equal amounts of good and bad energy to where it's completely balanced ? Idk  they seem to be more wickedness then Godliness on earth.  

So why did God give us free will if he knows our destiny?  He already knows what going to happens.  

Does that mean we can change our destiny ?  I guess   Only two paths.  Choose one

Why was the Old Testament is totally different the. The New Testament.  God was a warrior.  He sent everyone into battle.  Jesus was of love and peace. 

God sent his Empath self to earth to help us change our ways and when we didn't change he absorbed everyone's sin and emotions and died on a cross.  

Some one that had never heard of the Christian religion would think it was a board game.  

My sister is very religuous.  She's a Christian.   When she's around me and I hear someone lying , I'll look at her and tell her they need to be slapped in the mouth for lying all the time. She will say "now Rene' " you have to forgive them and pray for them and not put yourself on their level.  Of course I always say "how do you know God didn't tell me to slap them in the mouth , then forgive them.  She will say because that's not what he said for us to do .. REALLY?  King David did a lot of slapping  of mouths   

But Rene" ..we live by Grace now, we turn the other check   I say" I'm one of arch angel Michaels offspring , I will slap them if they need it  lol   

That free will though ....has messed up everything.   I know I'm not supposed to question the Word but He is the one that puts questions in my head  

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

Renee:

dproper:

renee...

Are you open to a new concept, a different aspect, on not only your talents to see your ancestor's, but the ancestor's of other humans?

Plus... may I ask where your family defended from?  Briefly... I know you have a library of knowledge...Wink

Always open to new ideas and new theories, love exploring ideas. My family lines are Maori (fathers side) and welsh (mothers side) - Egyptian like guide? Hmm no idea but she is there however whether my interpretation of Egyptian like is correct I have no idea, it's more her energy that I've been fascinated by..... My other guide who has been around as long as I can recall is a male Maori tohunga (Maori shaman type) .... 

^^^ I responded earlier from my phone, but your full comment hadn't actually shown up :-/ so.... yes, always open to new concepts however i don't know so much if its a "talent" as such to be able to see as it doesn't seem to be anything I've ever had much control over, they just come and go as they please and sometimes i can actually see them during meditation - in general though its their energies i feel strongly... can i see the ancestors of others? No but i would love too.... is there a way to further develop this so it can become a talent as such?

i wouldn't think the beings in my aunty's death bed vision as @goodhealingenergy called them were not ancestors as such as her lineage is also maori/pacific island descent. The connection i feel was more so the energy they brought that was inline with her energy as well as the energy that has come into my life since then..... 

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

RyuukoGo:

Lotusfly:

I am 1/4 native Indian which is probably why I don't accept the "western" idea of God.

Hi Ryuukogo, out of curiosity, what is the Native American view of God?

Thanks!

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

It's so amazing to see all these different views on God, the Creator, spirit beings, and spirituality in general :) Thanks for sharing your viewpoints!

Personally, I see Earth as a school to learn lessons and advance in soul maturity. I believe in reincarnation because, like others have said, energy cannot be created nor destroyed (and because of near death accounts), and because we get the opportunity to learn from our past lifetimes.

I believe in karma, angels (especially that there is a guardian one assigned to everyone, because of my experience meeting mine), spirit guides (good ones...and we each have our own, along with our guardian angel, to assist us on Earth, like a team), spirit entities (good and bad ones, as well as the deceased), and the main One in charge, who I've known as God but I also call the Divine sometimes, because that is how I think of them.

I think of God as the universal energy that permeates the universe and all we know. I feel that He (I think of Him as masculine energy and Mother Earth as feminine energy) gives us freewill but also uses His freewill to affect things, as needed. He is loving and ultimate goodness, but unfortunately, we, humans, are not, which is why we need some guidance and lessons sometimes (or a lot of times) :)

I just don't know how God was before the universe was created, and where we are headed in our evolution (human and soul). Any ideas?

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

So much energy in this post.  

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Rene'':

So much energy in this post.  

Thanks, Rene. You're a lovely soul :)