Aiden
Aiden
@aiden
2 years ago
34 posts

Same here! And it comes from males and females , older and younger.  I don't have a single friend who hasn't expressed an interest in me at some point. Sometimes it's difficult because I've had to end friendships because the feeling just wasn't mutual. And as Nikki said, when I'm crushing on someone, the feeling is rarely mutual, but then again I don't always express it to them lol. I encounter random people on the street always smiling at me or kind of just looking at me somewhat in awe. I think empaths naturally have a certain aura that attracts others. I believe since we are so good at being in tune with others feelings and making them comfortable, it makes them feel like we just get them and that we are "the one" when we are in fact just doing what comes naturally to us. 

Aiden
Aiden
@aiden
2 years ago
34 posts

I'd also like to mention that I can usually also tell when a relationship is going to last or if the person I meet will play a significant role in my life in one way or another. I've been in 5 relationships and in 1 of the 5 relationships I just knew this person would hold a very special place in my heart and life even before meeting him in person (met him online). I just felt an energy I never felt before prior to us meeting and when we finally did it was just magical. It was my longest relationship and it was simply amazing. I was 18 but looking back I believe that he may have also been an empath. He was my best friend.When he moved away i was heartbroken but we ended on an amazing note. I still love him very much. 

Now the others, I never did get this similar feeling when meeting the others. I decided to go with it anyway because I know people can "grow" on you and it can't always be fireworks from the beginning unfortunately. I felt super hesitant about the other relationships and had a feeling that I wasn't suppose to be with the person for one reason or the other. I was right about every single one. Slowly but surely I began to uncover the lies and deception in them. Another thing I have noticed in relationships especially is that i  just know when something is off or if I'm being lied to. They would deny of course in the beginning but I was never wrong in the end about my intuition. 

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 years ago
409 posts

I have had this too, and it's still a problem.  Alot of them even cock block new relationships for me.  That now I've learned to not even tell them anything.  I've never over stepped the boundary and got involved with those guys, but it's flipping annoying lol!  

I think it's because we care and show them support in ways their girl doesnt.  Men need support and many women don't give it I guess.  

Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts

Ash2016:

I'm still new to all this, but I've been thinking a lot about past experiences since discovering I am an empath. Since I was old enough to have relationships, I've always had a problem with male friends developing romantic feelings for me. I know that this is somewhat common in close friendships, but this usually happens to me with any male that I spend a lot of time with... at school, at work, etc... not just those that I am close to. It has even happened with friend's boyfriends and once with one of their husbands. They express these feelings to me and act on them.. every time it's described as there just being "something about me" and they claim that the feelings are so strong they can't shake them. I've had to end friendships or distance myself from people because of feelings that they couldn't put aside. So now I am wondering if that has anything to do with me being an empath.. have any of you experienced anything like this?

I , also , have had this happen a lot with both male and females, even though I'm heterosexual.   People often misjudge our kindness and connection with their heart. .  It's like we are big cotton balls that they want to cuddle.  They feel the comfort of our healing souls and want to connect.  Some people are inneed of love so badly they confuse passionate love with unconditional love.  Love is love. Passion is the only way they know how to express it.  It's not "Rene'" they have just fell in love with, by no means, it's our energy that makes us who we are.  

Bookworm
Bookworm
@bookworm
2 years ago
95 posts

Rene once again I think you hit the nail bang on the head!  Wink

Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts

Bookworm "]

Rene once again I think you hit the nail bang on the head!  http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/data/media/0/0/jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png:style="height: 20px;" alt="Wink" title="Wink">

Hello, Bookworm,  I hope you have been well.   I was making sure you was talking to me due to their are two of us on here now, but the spelling is different.   Sometimes I get confused.  lol 😂 

Bookworm
Bookworm
@bookworm
2 years ago
95 posts

Hi Rene (with one e!) Lol yes,  I meant you :) and I'm very good thanks I hope you are too! xx

Renee
Renee
@renee
2 years ago
137 posts

Rene'':

Bookworm "]

Rene once again I think you hit the nail bang on the head!   http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/data/media/0/0/jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png:style="height: 20px;" alt="Wink" title="Wink">

Hello, Bookworm,  I hope you have been well.   I was making sure you was talking to me due to their are two of us on here now, but the spelling is different.   Sometimes I get confused.  lol 😂 

Aha yep I'm the other Renee (with 2 e's) ! Agree exactly with what @rene said up the thread about others being drawn to empaths... It's like we have a massive shining light that says "come to me I will see you, hear you, feel you and love you all the same!" 

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 years ago
409 posts

@ Nikki, how do you keep them?  Lol.  I'm the say way attracting broken men, it's very rare I meet someone who is doing well for themself.  And when i do meet not broken,  the attraction or their like towards me goes away.  I guess not many people appreciate or care for all the great things we do if they are not broken,  especially if they are not broken because they can  hold their own.  A's for the married men, yuck, they come to me too.  I have a few at work who have a "crush" on me, and when I'm out the married flirt with me.  It's annoying and I do feel bad if they get no support from their wives, but not my place to fix it.

Is it different if you are dating someone who is an empath themselves?

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 years ago
409 posts

@ash, also very interesting you mention maybe we are all broken in our own ways.  Yes, people break us LOL.  Mostly how we are used by people to help them, it takes a toll on us as well.  But we don't go looking for other people to heal us, we try to do it ourselves.  

Now I'm more curious on what it's like dating another empath or having them as a close friend.

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 years ago
409 posts

I was in 2 relationship similar to what you described Nikki.  And it actually broke me down, after that last relationship I haven't had anyone to call a b/f in 5 years.  I've dated and met alot of people but nothing.  Once I found out who I am, I was able to understand better why I attracted 1 man who destroyed me completely, and another who smothered and controlled me.  That time is over and I love me again :)

Renee
Renee
@renee
2 years ago
137 posts

Jenstone:

Interesting.

Is any empath in a successful romantic relationship with another Empath? It would be interesting to hear more about this if so.... 

As far as being in relationship with broken people, maybe it's just that we are all broken in some way, laugh.... 

Awww isn't this sad to wonder "are there ANY successful relationships" lol... I've wondered this! We attract the broken, we take all that one and we break ourselves in the meantime. I pulled some cards yesterday, relating to something else, however this was heavily on my mind and I pulled II Water - relating to intimacy - the messag was to be conscious of maintaining individuality and balance in relationships, not becoming absorbed by another, keeping other interests etc so I have hope!!! I also know a few other empaths who are in "successful" relationships - success being perceptions. They are not without their faults and trials, however, their partners are ver aware and open to the various aspects of being an empath. I also know some whereby it is a co-dependant relationship however they haven't quite noticed that yet and I'm not about to point it out! I think just like any relationship there will be ups and downs and it's learning to flow with that, have patience, trust, honesty, understanding, compassion etc ...... atleast I hope! I'm single after 10yrs so don't take my word for it! 

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book