I fear no one will take my concerns seriously...

To post a reply, login or signup

Rocky Wolfe
@rocky-wolfe
last year
12 posts

I'm worried about a friend. He's seems depressed. He's gone from this fun-loving guy,  to a very withdrawn, work-obsessed guy, who has giving up all his hobbies that make him happy and he's giving off this energy of sadness and emotional decline when I'm around him.

I've spoken with his best friend and others who know him quite well. I'm not the only one who sees he's depressed, and I know for sure that he needs to be talked to and hopefully convinced to get help. I tend to have premonitions about others when they suffer depression or any sort of mental illnesses, though I really don't have many examples to determine how often I'm right, so it kinda scares me more. I want to talk to those who can see that he's depressed. I want to help him. But I'm scared I won't be taken seriously and no one will want to assist.

Does anyone else have this fear? The fear of you can see the worst happening in front of everyone, and are scared to speak up in fear that no one will listen?

updated by @rocky-wolfe: 02/17/17 05:08:51AM
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Have you tried talking to your friend about what you've seen in him?

I can see things in people too, but often they don't want help, they want to help themselves when they're ready. But it's still good to mention it. You can also pray for them and/or send them good energy or ask the angels to watch over them. :)

I hope your friend feels better soon and that you are able to stop worrying about them.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

I think you need to have a serious talk with him..more than "are you ok?"   Show him your are very concerned and you know there is something wrong.  I would do that before you talked to others.  I'm ..funny about other people discussing me and my well being.  Yes, it would help if one of the others was there also but remember , your an Empath. Your are feeling it stronger than they are I would think.   

But, you know someone is really down when they don't open up to an Empath.   This could of been a long term problem and has felt this way for a long time but it's has taken a toll and he can't hide it any longer.   Some people are very good at hiding their depression because the world, in general, don't like people that is depressed. For some reason it's a sign of weakness  and it's only allows happy go luck people   So they hide it   

The world is so wrong   I actually think people with depression is some of the strongest minded people they are   They survive a  constant battle within them selves.   They are literally their own worst critic.   The push themselves to the limit.  

Im not afraid of no one listening.  I'm afraid of someone loosing their battle with life, before it's their Time to.   I would think it through though and talk to someone that won't turn their back  but it has to be someone they can open up to that does not judge them  or over react   But that's after I had a long talk with your friend and assured him that he can talk about anything with you    But ..be ready to talk about "anything " and control the expressions on your face when the unthinkable comes out of their mouth    And remember not  everything a problem, some are just situations.  

Rocky Wolfe
@rocky-wolfe
last year
12 posts

Rene':

I think you need to have a serious talk with him..more than "are you ok?"   Show him your are very concerned and you know there is something wrong.  I would do that before you talked to others.  I'm ..funny about other people discussing me and my well being.  Yes, it would help if one of the others was there also but remember , your an Empath. Your are feeling it stronger than they are I would think.   

But, you know someone is really down when they don't open up to an Empath.   This could of been a long term problem and has felt this way for a long time but it's has taken a toll and he can't hide it any longer.   Some people are very good at hiding their depression because the world, in general, don't like people that is depressed. For some reason it's a sign of weakness  and it's only allows happy go luck people   So they hide it   

The world is so wrong   I actually think people with depression is some of the strongest minded people they are   They survive a  constant battle within them selves.   They are literally their own worst critic.   The push themselves to the limit.  

Im not afraid of no one listening.  I'm afraid of someone loosing their battle with life, before it's their Time to.   I would think it through though and talk to someone that won't turn their back  but it has to be someone they can open up to that does not judge them  or over react   But that's after I had a long talk with your friend and assured him that he can talk about anything with you    But ..be ready to talk about "anything " and control the expressions on your face when the unthinkable comes out of their mouth    And remember not  everything a problem, some are just situations.  

Trust me, I want to have a serious talk with him. But it's more of a, "how? when?" type thing. I don't think it's an issue of he can't open up to an empath (at least I'm hoping it's not that serious.) its that I've rarely hung out with him, just us two (the few times its happened, he did tell me some pretty personal stuff, when we barely knew each other, so that's giving me some hope.) I hope to sit down with him as soon as i can figure out when...i don't want to see him lose this battle. and you're right- it's more important to be concerned about their battle than others listening.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Rocky Wolfe:

Rene':

Trust me, I want to have a serious talk with him. But it's more of a, "how? when?" type thing. I don't think it's an issue of he can't open up to an empath (at least I'm hoping it's not that serious.) its that I've rarely hung out with him, just us two (the few times its happened, he did tell me some pretty personal stuff, when we barely knew each other, so that's giving me some hope.) I hope to sit down with him as soon as i can figure out when...i don't want to see him lose this battle. and you're right- it's more important to be concerned about their battle than others listening.

Sometimes, when our intuition is calling, we have to go out of that limb.  Sometimes , just knowing someone is there and cares is half of the battle.  A million times I have wished someone just popped up, out of the blue, and ask me "are you ok?   Just knowing your there will help. Even if he doesn't open up.   It's always better to say, "ok, I feel stupid now" then not say nothing and then "dang, wish I ha said something.  But that's just me.  

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

obviously I cannot tell what you feel, and how strong t is. Can only say that I get depressed energies from at least 50% of my clients. That is massage clients, not healing clients. Most of them are successful professionals. I do not pry on their personal circumstances, so like yourself I have no guarantee how 'right' I am in what I am feeling.

And I guess much depends too on how deep one digs. Many claim to be happy, but if they were to really sit down and ponder the meaning of life, fears of death, is there a God, etc - they would likely discover some deep seated fears. Just because they lead busy lives, and look happy - does not always mean they are happy through and through. Many seem to lead busy lives to continuously run away from deeper thoughts..... So if someone becomes quieter and withdrawn - it could mean that they have starting to face up to their basic fears. They will need time and strength for that though. I.e. those people can actually be more awake than some happy , cheerful looking ones. And like Rene says - depressed people can be quite strong. As it takes strength to face ones shadows!!! Many of my (depressed feeling) clients are regulars, so I'd say, just because someone feels depressed does not mean that they are a danger to themselves.... 

If you do mange to talk to him, and it is too awkward to ask him directly you can always make up another friend, distant relative, or the like. You create a parallel similar story. Something like you, or a relative of yours have been feeling something about XYZ, and how you wish they knew that they could talk to you, if they needed to..... Or how you wished they sought help....

And like lotusfly says  - you can always pray for someone, or send them good energies!

Love and Light!

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Can definitely relate to that... I've actually had to speak up about someone in my life who has some warning signs of self-harm. It was hard - especially this look I got from someone, like an expression of amused superiority... But, you know, it was worth it, IMO because I would have trouble forgiving myself if something really bad happened with him and I hadn't even tried. 

You're not along with that fear you talked about! I feel that almost every time I speak in front of a group :/ But never discount the accuracy of your intuition as well as your capability to affect change! 

updated by @kit-kat: 10/04/16 09:37:59AM
Kate
@kate
last year
131 posts

This was/maybe still is the hardest part for me- transferring guts into reality and acting upon it if it feels like I should. In fact, if something deep within your heart pushes you to do it; do it. But never forget to filter it through reason as well as we have the mind there for... a reason.

When telling someone about our perception, I think it is very important that we trust ourselves first and the manner in which we deliver the message. Why not be honest, i have a lot of guts feeling about situations and people and many proved right. Some however were magnified or subject to my own yet untreated fears. I failed or I was not encouraged delivering it through words many times... what I can do is act upon it myself or somehow show how and what. I had to work on my interpersonal skills though, and people feel and react when they see you are rather detached "just telling it but not caring about it further or approaching it as a subject of your curiosity" rather than when you show you care about them. I actually blamed myself a lot. This was not allright either. I can say i was my greatest enemy sometimes. We have to love and care for ourselves even when we see our imperfections or us failing certain little or bigger things due to them. Talking about the time period between 12-20 yrs for me here.

People can be reticent when hearing such things. There is a history in my family however with precognitive abilities and I can tell you that it is better to voice it, especially as today's society is much more open and accepting towards spirituality and practitioners than it was 50 years ago for example. They might think it's weird and scary, that it might lead to obsessions, negative habbits, a sense of predestination that cuts your "elan" in life. Being in tune with yourself or your environment and solving stagnated issues in fact leads to an even greater sense of relief/liberation, not to bad things. Coming back, you may also simply write the messages you perceive on a piece of paper to see how accurate they get if you want to gain confidence, but remember that modifying factors occur due to free will. Sometimes the "joke" goes that your action exactly is what might help make it happen so you see, it's not exactly a game.

Have you heard about the Cassandra syndrome? It's unfortunate, like many greek legends, but you can read about it as the metaphor is still used today to name 'legit' warnings that are disregarded and come true. We can see what forms and lingers before it materialises : ). Everything sends warnings before materialising in fact, for those keen enough to sense it. Remember to not let yourself or your potentially heavy thoughts add up as a burden to a situation rather than cutting through it or clearing it. Respect the idea of not being "sudden, disrupting, as in an uprise manner" unless the situation really got to the point it's asking for it.

updated by @kate: 10/04/16 01:07:09PM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts

Hi....there are other things to consider too...did your friend move to a different place?...did he purchase or did he receive anything new?....maybe he's not liking his job?...someone at his work may be projecting or transferring negative energy to him.....maybe he himself is an empath and not aware of it....and even if he's not an empath he can stiĺl receive negative energy from anyone including you....so maybe clear out his energy links from yourself so it's not such a heavy burdon....

Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

In the past, I've had deep concerns about people (none as serious as your friend's) and I've asked a psychic healer to do a remote healing session on them. I learned about this healer word of mouth. If you don't know such a person, look for someone who has a lot of testimonials and has been doing it for many years. You might find someone online, in which case you'd have to pay by credit card. My healer charges $85/session. She's worked on me too, and she's done wonders.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book