Extra Weirdness

To post a reply, login or signup

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

I am a fairly new empath. And I fit the emotional empath definition to a "T". But I have some extra weird things going on that I wanted to share to see if anyone else has this happen? Here's what I characterize as extra weird experiences:

1) When I am out in public, strangers will seek me out and then talk to me like a long lost friend. It doesn't matter where I go, it happens all the time. Its like being some sort of spiritual rock star with people watching and approaching me. Sometimes strangers watch me and give me that "I think I know you look", but don't approach. While others come right over like they know me and are so excited to talk to me that they excitedly give me their whole life story. Sometimes its no big deal while at other times I can feel them draining my energy.

2) The second thing that I feel is weird is that throughout the day at times names of friends and customers who I haven't spoken to in a long time will randomly pop in to my head. Its always very subconsious and makes me think where did that come from? And then either minutes later or a day later I will get a call, text, or email from that very person. I'm wondering if I caused that or whether they were thinking of me and I picked up on that.

3) Often I will be looking at someone from behind in a crowd and they will spin around as if I called their name. This is also very subconscious as it doesn't work when I try to do it. But if I'm sitting in a movie theater and am deep in thought I might think that lady has an interesting hair style or that guy looks familiar. And very often, particularly with women, they will spin around and look right at me. I could be right behind them or across a mall. It always works the same.

4) I will sometimes have dreams where I meet a woman (its always a woman for some reason). Its usually a very low-key non-event type of dream where I'm being introduced to someone in the dream. I don't usually remember many dreams but I always remember these ones clearly. And then in real life I'll be in a store days later and will cross paths with that exact same woman from my dreams (someone I have never met before). And when we look at each other there is a look of recognition from both of us. I'm always speechless and don't know what to say to her as  I don't want to come off as some creepy stalker. But I'm always hit with a sense of both "deja vu" and "what was that about". On a related note, I will say that my wife and I met on a blind date. And the night before we met I had the same type of dream about her eventhough we had never met before.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had any similar things happen to them. i'm trying to connect the dots and find meaning and purpose to why these things happen. I appreciate any input.

updated by @hop-daddy: 02/06/17 12:27:40PM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Yes. I don't dream much but all of the others is "yes". I could be wrong but I think most Empaths are that way or experience the same things.   it seems like each Empath has at least a couple of the "Clair's" if they know and except it or not.    It's amazing when someone discovers the word "Empath " it answers a life time of questions.  

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

Rene, thanks for your feedback. The few empaths I have spoken to in person did not have a most of the things happen that I noted above in their life. So I was a bit curious why I have this extra stuff and what it all means? I guess that's the big question of life. But good to know there are others out there like you that experience similar things.

Ash2016
@ash2016
last year
34 posts

As you know I'm way new to all this, but I do experience some of these things and always have.

1) I was in a doctor's office last week when a man sitting behind me casually struck up a conversation that within 5 minutes led to him telling me that he divorced his wife (12 years ago) because she got pregnant after he had a vasectomy. I had never met him before.. thought woah man slow down...lol but people generally talk to me that way wherever I go. 

2) This happens to me a lot.. not only them popping in my head but I also dream about them sometimes and then hear from them.

3) I don't think I've noticed this one happening or just thought it was coincidence if it did.

4) I've always questioned a lot of things about my dreams, and I've seen a lot of them play out in front of me later. I have ran into people that I recognized from dreams, but thought I must be crazy. But I know for sure that I got to see my daughter in a dream before she was born. In the dream she was a newborn laying on her daddy's chest. When she was born she looked exactly like my dream.. kinda took the surprise out of it.(:

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

@ash2016, very cool stories. It just goes to show that you have something extra special going on.

Jenstone
@jenstone
last year
72 posts

Hi hopdaddy! Sorry I'm so vocal today. It's one of those days.

1) Yes people share their stories with me. About a month ago, I talked to a stranger in a hotel lobby for about 15 minutes. As I was walking away, I thought "oh my, that felt like a healing," and then I let it go, but the man started to sort of follow me around at the hotel, in the pool, in our courtyard...I was with a large group of people. Finally the next day, he caught up with me in the pool area and gave me a handwritten note that said, "in speaking with you yesterday, I felt a healing." I wanted to know if we can meet again. And it did feel a bit strange and the people in my group made me feel like there was something "wrong with me" because I am always "attracting psychos." This man was in the town on a business trip. He was fairly reserved, conservative. ?? I have students observe me in my practice (I'm a lawyer) and on more than one occasion a student has come out of the room and said, that was pretty amazing what happened in there, I've never seen anything like it. I just feel like I'm talking to people, but they experience a true healing, I think. And I know it sounds self-aggrandizing or it can feel that way, but why should we feel bad if something wonderful is happening through us?

2) For sure this happens. It happened last week. My people things also often involve and object trigger. So I see an object, or think of an object and then the flood comes. I saw a bible that my grandmother (long passed away) gave to me years ago. I have never put it by my bed, but I did, and then I read a letter from my mother and cried and cried and cried... like wept for my mother. Then the next day I found out her father passed away, when we went to the funeral they left my grandmother and mother out of the story of his life (he had a first family of wife and three kids and second family of wife and four kids). Anyway, it's not exactly as you say, but my grandmother just popped into my head and I acted on it by moving the object to my bedside, and then the recognition came full-force at the funeral. Why I had wept for them etc.

3) and 4) Yes I experience this too, and it scares me because I have encountered a lot of scary people in my work and I don't want them to know I'm thinking about them, but it sure seems like sometime they do know. They can feel it. For sure, I have stranger "recognition." Where we I meet someone and I'm almost embarrassed to introduce myself because it feels like I already know them.

Isn't it cool to find the word "Empath" and feel that there are other people who have similar experiences!!!!!

one thing that is true for me is that the moment that I allow my ego to lead, in other words the moment that I'm getting something or trying to prove something paranormal to myself, the "magic" goes away. only in utter humility and openness do the empath qualities come to the surface. how about you?

Chrisis
@chrisis
last year
39 posts

1) this "I know you look" / "I know you reaction" happens to me sometimes with children or dogs (parents and owners are not amused). Most adult strangers rather avoid me :-)

2) I have a variation of this: I see people I haven't seen for a long time when I'm looking at strangers passing by (i.e. passing in a car). They look like these people but I know they're not them.

3) this looking at somebody to have the person turn her had is always working. People and animals feel if somebody is looking at them. You don't have the effect if you look slightly past the person.

4) this never happend to me. On some occations, I dreamt of situations though, that happed like this afterwards.

Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts

People think they recognize me all the time, everywhere i go. 

I once had a guy in a bar start talking to me and next thing i know he's telling me about his testicular cancer and I'm like whoa buddy that's really personal. Of course i didn't say that out loud but, you know. never saw him again. I guess he needed someone to talk to. 

I often think of things right before they are said, especially numbers. 

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

Thanks for everyone responding. I always thought that based on the 15+ different type of empaths categories that we all can be very different on abilities. But from the responses so far, we are actually very similar. 

I often feel like all eyes are on me when I am out in public (even when upon review, only a few are looking at me at random). And then some do approach me and are very direct and needy (wanting to talk and corner me with urgency to tell me their life struggles). Its very unnerving since I am a pretty private person. My immediate response is one of surprise and to defensively brush them off. I'll have to learn to be more like all of you and see if I can help people better. Perhaps that is my next step as a fairly new empath. But at the same time, I've had several people come at me like energy vampires. And after 3 minutes talking to them I felt like going home to take a nap. Being exposed to random strangers who may zap me of my happiness and energy is always a concern.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

I have one more thing to add to my weirdness list as #5 that I wanted to share and see if others are having the same occurrences. I seem to have run ins with spirits quite often. I never really see them (although occasionally will see something out of the corner of my eye that disappears when I turn to look). What I do see a lot are dark spots a little larger than a basketball at knee level in low lighting that will appear and then disappear in seconds. I like to think they are the spirits of my 3 deceased golden retrievers, but who knows. But I sometimes hear low whispers when I am alone or asleep. And most often at night at my house I hear things banging around the ceiling and walls nearby. I used to think it was just the house but the sounds are almost like a hand slap on the wall and follow me at home and at the office. And sometimes I hear popping sounds all over the house that sound like kids playing with bubble wrap.

The latest thing just happened a few minutes ago at my office. I have a credenza that is about 5 feet tall behind my desk. And I have a fan that sits on top. I had the fan on earlier as I usually do and it suddenly leapt off the credenza and went sailing across the room falling to pieces on the floor. If it had just fallen it would not have fallen so far. It was if someone threw it. So while I'm thinking to myself that it was probably nothing, my unplugged laptop cord all of a sudden is pulled off my desk as if someone yanked it. 

I've had countless things like this happen all the time. I even had some spare coins that I dumped on my nightstand in a pile one night become an organized pattern by the time I woke up. And I've been woken up at night before by the feeling of things grabbing my feet or loudly whispering in my ear. I wish I could say it is loving deceased family spirits. But most of my family is still alive. And the occurrences are usually like someone playing a prank on me. I have nicknamed them trickster ghosts.

I'm just wondering if the rest of you have anything like this happen? And is it just me or does spirit activity seem to increase the closer we get to Halloween? And if so, any insight on why a man-made holiday is so attractive to the dead?

Ash2016
@ash2016
last year
34 posts

I haven't really had anything like this happen much. There have been times in my life that I have seen things, but I honestly try to ignore it for the most part because it scares me. As for your question about Halloween though, have you ever read about the ancient origins of the holiday and why it was created? Check out this link if you haven't. Maybe they were onto something..

http://www.history.com/topics/halloween/history-of-halloween

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book