Please give me guidance....

To post a reply, login or signup

Nyla
@nyla
last year
22 posts

I have a condo at Myrtle Beach that I rent out.  I am here now.  It was supposed to be a two week "vacation."  Well, it turns out that we have bedbugs.  Ick.  We went through this last December and it cost thousands of dollars.  They heat the place to 140 degrees for eight hours.  This time its free (yeah) since its  been less than one year since they were here.

Well...yesterday I had to go to emergency care.  It turns out that since I have a bee allergy (anaphalctic shock) I am also allergic to any other kind of bug that bites me.  I didn't know. I have nickel sized red welts all over my legs.  I felt ill. I was given a shot , pills and antibiotics since one bite was infected. 

Here is the thing....I am back. (Thankfully the rental agency put us up somewhere else while they fixed the problem) Even bought a whole new bed.  But I am freaking out.  Am I picking up that the bed bugs are still here?  Or am I just upset over what I went through?  How am I going to sleep tonight?

Please send good energy...Thanks.

updated by @nyla: 02/08/17 12:53:53PM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts

Hi...bed bug bites take about 7 days to show up...so you were probably bitten before you were moved out....so...wash everything down...clothes...if you have a steamer..steam the crap out of em....I purchased a new mattress a few years back with a 2nd hand foundation....and it turned out to have dormant eggs....which of course turned into bed bugs...yuck....If you can find it there are bed bug bed covers that will suffocate any that might be in your bed....an extermination place should carry them....but they can't stand high heat temp...so steaming should do the trick....

updated by @womanwhowalks: 09/22/16 03:49:51PM
Jenstone
@jenstone
last year
72 posts

Is there any way to imagine that the bed bugs are just little harmless creatures like minions? Or is that too freaky. I find that often the best way to allay my fears is to quit avoiding, face them, and accept some good things not just scary things about them.... what if the thing you are feeling is just neutral, not bad, not good, just "is." 

Jenstone
@jenstone
last year
72 posts

Karen2:

Well then...we'll just have to Russell up some spare bed bugs and send em on over to you....lol....I take it you never been invaded by these Lil darlings.....I personally can live without them....i'm freaking out FOR nyla..  lol...toes curled and everything. ..lol

Well yes... you are right, I've never had a bed bug infestation. But then it sounded like the panic and fear and anxiety was what was bothering nyla, so my advice was about that...not so much about what to do about bed bugs, but what to do about continued fear of bed bugs after they are gone... haha, but I do feel for those who have have bed bug infestations.. so not trying to minimize the experience at all.. just trying to diffuse the fear about the experience.... 

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

I have never experienced bed bugs and don't want to.   My granddaughter , before I got custody of her, would come to our house every other week to stay and every time she would have sores all over her from scabies.  Every other week I was at the doctors off with her to get cream to put on her. I would bring her clothes in the house that was sent with her, stright to washer and dryer. I would have to spray everything in the house.  One of the multiple place that baby was sleeping when she wasn't with me was infested.   It's enough to make your skin crawl just thinking about it. I'm like you, I couldn't get comfortable there even if they had rid the place of them.   Now I feel like they are crawling on me. Lol.   

Nyla
@nyla
last year
22 posts

@Rene...you get it.  Thank you so much for your reply.  It is just before 11:00 PM my time and I am afraid to go to sleep...even though everything is supposedly good.  I guess I'll just wait and see.  As an aside..the doctor told me, which I already knew...it takes one to two days for the bite marks to show up.  I knew this from the last time in December, just in case someone reads this thread later.

Nyla
@nyla
last year
22 posts

Karen2... You are an awful human being.  I am so tired right now...that I would rather sleep with bed bugs than deal with you.  Be sure that I will report you tomorrow.  I do know this...Karma always bites hard.  Enjoy my friend.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts

I'm sorry....I wasn't making fun of you...just trying to ex plain the feeling one gets to people who've never had bed bugs...sorry...

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book