1,194 posts
Several...according to this.

http://dailyhealthdose.net/2016/08/20/different-empath-types-which-one-are-you/
updated by @rene: 02/27/17 11:41:10AM
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Thanks for posting this, Rene. I relate to all to some degree :)

Wilburhawes85
@wilburhawes85
last year
4 posts

I was just reading your link and yes it does make sense but I also believe that the type of empaths people can do a little bit of both on each type of empathy. I know for sure that I can. I am not just one type of Empath. im preety fimiler on a few of them only because I do experience it myself. I find my self being this type of empath when im around or even speaking to the mother of my youngest daughter Claircognizant Empath. She lyes alot and find her very manipulating to others that are not aware like I am. I find myself very ill when im around her and my rage just hearing her voice is just painful. My feeling I find her a bit of a sociopath. but that is just one of example of what experience. I could probably write a book on the type of things I can do and what I have experienced. but this link I found very useful as im a beginner. I believe I was borned this way I wasn't aware what I had until not to long ago. 

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Wilburhawes85:

I was just reading your link and yes it does make sense but I also believe that the type of empaths people can do a little bit of both on each type of empathy. I know for sure that I can. I am not just one type of Empath. im preety fimiler on a few of them only because I do experience it myself. I find my self being this type of empath when im around or even speaking to the mother of my youngest daughter Claircognizant Empath. She lyes alot and find her very manipulating to others that are not aware like I am. I find myself very ill when im around her and my rage just hearing her voice is just painful. My feeling I find her a bit of a sociopath. but that is just one of example of what experience. I could probably write a book on the type of things I can do and what I have experienced. but this link I found very useful as im a beginner. I believe I was borned this way I wasn't aware what I had until not to long ago. 

I was born this way also.  Those liers though....so many people in this world lies for no reason except to start a conversation!   I'm like you, I pick of a lie before the complete lie comes out of their mouth. That's why I have trust issues, because I don't believe anything anymore.  I respect a person more that is blunt honest and hurts my feelings then to sugar me with lies.  We are walking lie detectors.  

RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
last year
110 posts

I am the type of Empath that will avoid communicating with the dead...I do know of an Empath who does it and earns a living...we have discussed giving me a reading but concluded it is not a good idea ;)

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

RyuukoGo:

I am the type of Empath that will avoid communicating with the dead...I do know of an Empath who does it and earns a living...we have discussed giving me a reading but concluded it is not a good idea ;)

Lol.  Sometime they are hard to avoid. At least around my house.  After you except the idea, you get more comfortable with what your hear, feel and see.   

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

I don't try to communicate with them , the find me. 

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

Thanks for the link Rene...very interesting. I can relate to most of these. 😉

Wilburhawes85
@wilburhawes85
last year
4 posts

I will have to say I don't communicate with the dead I don't try and I try avoiding it as much as possible because I just recently lost my grandmother which was like my second mom im still having issues accepting it my profile picture is me at her grave site. I would say im a little bit to scared right now to do anything like that. before she died she was loosing a lot of weight when she died she was 72 pounds I find myself losing weight as well I am 5'7 should be at least 140 avaerge I am down to 114 every time I loose weight like this do to stress reminds me of my grandmother that passed away hugging her felt like hugging a skeleton :( still working on recognizing my own energy then others peoples at the moment.  

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Wilburhawes85:

I will have to say I don't communicate with the dead I don't try and I try avoiding it as much as possible because I just recently lost my grandmother which was like my second mom im still having issues accepting it my profile picture is me at her grave site. I would say im a little bit to scared right now to do anything like that. before she died she was loosing a lot of weight when she died she was 72 pounds I find myself losing weight as well I am 5'7 should be at least 140 avaerge I am down to 114 every time I loose weight like this do to stress reminds me of my grandmother that passed away hugging her felt like hugging a skeleton :( still working on recognizing my own energy then others peoples at the moment.  

So sorry for your loss.   

I have never tried to communicating with the dead either.  They just kind of find me.  

Greif is a long process.  Even though I have lost love ones, my mother, grandparents, I did not experience what you are experiencing until the death of my dog.  

I felt my heart was ripped out of my chests.  I had lost animals before and it was very painful, but this one was a very wise old soul.  It's hard to explain.  The pain was unbearable.  It makes me tear up trying to post about it.  A year after his death, he came back ,  yes, I'm visited by  spirits of animals also.    He stayed for a few days then a friend that had past 10 years before came, and he left with him or his spirit    It was like loosing him all over again.  I really don't know if he had been here the whole time and waited to that point to show me,  I don't know if my grieving was holding him back from crossing over, but when he left, he never came back and I'm ok with that cause I know he is with Steven  and I know I will see him again one day   

You would think for someone who is visited by spirits and know there is a hereafter, they would not grieve as bad   I thought the same way until I lost Red.  You may ask how is grieving a dogs death equal to grieving a humans death.   When your soul is connected to another soul on a deep level, it doesnt matter if it's a human or animal,  the feeling of detachment is hard to cope with  especially if that soul has been a mentor in your life.  You feel abandoned and lost.  

I don't know if you meditate but here is a link to a guided meditation that I'm very fond of   

4peace
@4peace
last year
187 posts

Thanks for the article.  Do a lot of you guys try to figure out what you are?  I have known I was an empath for quite a while, but other strange things happen and I know I can do other things, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do something with it or if it is just something that is there.   I cannot control when it happens either. For instance, I met another teacher and shook hands with him, asked him if he had children and in less than a second I knew he had two sons.  I caught myself  mid-sentence saying , "Oh you have two sons... or a boy and girl or what?"  Because I realized I would freak him out if I just blurted out he had two sons.  I also knew a co-worker who wanted children would have a girl first.  

What kinds of combinations do you guys have in abiilities?

Much peace,

Rhonda 

4peace
@4peace
last year
187 posts

I'm really sorry about your mom and dad.  Sending love and light your way.

I think I'm a little of several types, but wonder if that makes me something besides an empath.  I do the claircognizant, emotionally and physically sensitive, the fauna and sometimes the flora.  The others, not so much :)

4peace
@4peace
last year
187 posts

That is a good article.  Thanks!  I'm a hybrid :)  As a teacher, I feel like I help people a lot.  But I feel a calling (not sure what to call it) to help people more - or more efficiently.  

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

Rene':

Wilburhawes85:

I was born this way also.  Those liers though....so many people in this world lies for no reason except to start a conversation!   I'm like you, I pick of a lie before the complete lie comes out of their mouth. That's why I have trust issues, because I don't believe anything anymore.  I respect a person more that is blunt honest and hurts my feelings then to sugar me with lies.  We are walking lie detectors.  

Im similar in being able to pick lies a mile away. I sometimes struggle to understand if the person is lying to me specifically or lying to themselves and therefore doesn't even know they are actually lying. I also pick up on a kind of "soul lying" i guess.... I interpret it as - on a day to day basis the person isn't lying, however if they are not yet living in line with their souls purpose i still receive that as a lie. It can get very muddled.... however i generally accept there is a discrepancy between what is being said and felt and wanted, however allow them to keep the lie under the idea that they are not yet ready to face the truth themselves and when they are they will realise the lie themselves and come forth with their new truth....... does this make sense? 

Tonyvancity
@tonyvancity
last year
29 posts

what kind am I?  hmmmmm...excuse my negative response but it is honest: I am the Honest empath, the one who looks out for others safety and well being, the one who shares, the one who does little kind things for others , the one who blurts out kind words of encouragement or a compliment just because i hope it will lift you up. But i am also the empath who gets preyed on by many, including narcistic family members, bosses, ''friends''....i am the one does good unto others but the others do not do good unto me.....i am the shunned one, the rejected one, the one who is called upon only when needed, then to be dropped and forgotten-avoided as soon as the favor(s) have been done.  I am the Uncorrupted one. 

stunningmesh-sad53.jpg

Tonyvancity
@tonyvancity
last year
29 posts

i am human...i have both positive and negative feelings in me. ''Uncorrupted'' as in i will not do bad/evil against others , even when they do against me. Many in this world of ours experience a lot of bad things happen to them such as child abuse, sexual abuse, fraud, physical harm and so on and some of them sour because of those experiences and turn against others, repeating the cycle of harm and hate. I suppose when i use the word corrupt or uncorrupted, i am saying that i have never let my negative experiences sour myself and act out in harmful ways towards others around me. If anything, i kept the negative stuff inside me and it manifests into either depression, anxiety and end up retreating away from others, from life as i try to regroup and recharge myself. As far as teaching for peace, i usually will not vocally go around preaching/teaching for peace, but chose to not participate in destructive behaviour or be malicious towards others. 

4peace
@4peace
last year
187 posts

I teach Intro to Psychology and sometimes Developmental Psych.  Mostly dual enrollment high school and college (high school students getting college credit).  I have a second job now teaching English to Chinese children.  My students write about their problems in their papers and journals and I always have a few to hang out after class to discuss things with me.   Some of the stories I hear or read breaks my heart and sometimes I just start crying - at home.  These kids are so young and look like the don't have a care in the world, but then you find out everyone, even teens, have a story.

Tonyvancity
@tonyvancity
last year
29 posts

Well, as far as the christian beliefs influencing me, as i mentioned i barely paid a thought or care to my catechism classes or the nuns or even while listening to a sermon in church. My parents were reaised in a very small ancient relegious town in southern Italy but they were not relegious nutjobs at home with instilling a fear of God or going to hell in me or my brothers. Of. Ourse like many italian catholics my parents had a Jesus statue in the corner and some catholic crucifixes/small photos of saints on the wall but honrstly i wasnt not as heavily influenced by my catholic background as one might think. Asa young boy i was pretty good kid , not getting into fights or attacking other kids my age or younger. And dont think its because i had great parents because i had parents that gave me food, clothing, shelter but next to nothing in terms of loving support or positivity or some kind of parent-child teaching-bonding. It is as i mentioned " i just knew" at very early age right from wrong and not to be harmful towards others.  Most i did was try out new swear words or tease ( which i learnt and heard from my older brothers who were pretty brutal with the insults and threats against me considering  a 7,9,10 year age gap) . I will add im not a total doormatt, i do get mad and tell people off and if i get physically attacked i will not just stand there and smile....i will fight back to just defend and remove myself  from the situation. 

Tonyvancity
@tonyvancity
last year
29 posts

this is what i would say happened to me, where i have undiagnosed PSTD. Where i am in survival mode the majority of my life. I know because all my life my body and mind react to stress in a Fight or Flight mode. Where i often overeact to mild stress  , anything from a minor traffic cutoff to a female smiling-flirting with me to getting in an argument and being so upset im drained of all energy. It stems from childhood-teens-young adult years of verbal abuse from parents and older brothers, threats, bullying and never having parents to teach or show me how to do things that a child should be taught as it grows up . That adds anxiety and depression early on and it just carries on thru my adult years.  And yes, the empath traits are suppressed, everything is delayed or not even there and you end up with a broken wounded soul. 

Remember this 4peace... Those children are in that beat down condition because even though they do not look like it, they are in total survival mode. You are familiar with the conditions of PTSD... All humans are born Empaths, and children in survival mode are more susceptible to brain washing...  Have you heard of General Adaptation Syndrome?

Humans are born Empaths. When young children experience an environment that causes constant changes in concentration or there is difficulty in concentrating causes Empath children under this kind of stress to have their free will suppressed, and their Empath talents suppressed. This type of environment works on the majority of the world human population...

http://syndrome.org/general-adaptation-syndrome/>:href="http://syndrome.org/general-adaptation-syndrome/" target="_blank">http://syndrome.org/general-adaptation-syndrome/

Th

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

dproper:

Remember this 4peace... Those children are in that beat down condition because even though they do not look like it, they are in total survival mode. You are familiar with the conditions of PTSD... All humans are born Empaths, and children in survival mode are more susceptible to brain washing...  Have you heard of General Adaptation Syndrome?

Humans are born Empaths. When young children experience an environment that causes constant changes in concentration or there is difficulty in concentrating causes Empath children under this kind of stress to have their free will suppressed, and their Empath talents suppressed. This type of environment works on the majority of the world human population...

http://syndrome.org/general-adaptation-syndrome/

I think Emaths are born Empaths.  I'm not so sure if every human is born an Empath.   Some people are just Empaths but some, like most of the people on this form are gifted with other talents.  

Corrupted or Uncorrepted  

I have learned, the hard way, you have to balance the dark and the light   Too much of one and not enough of the other may cause an imbalance.  Though we all strive to be good and pure we always have to know the darkness is a part of who we are.   It's where we come from, even Empaths.  it's our common sense, the scare from the attachment of our ego or how ever you want to think about it.   It's when you can face your darkness and not be afraid of what in there ,  then you know you are balanced.  If it wasn't for the darkness, we could not see the light.  

It doesn't matter what religion you are , if any, there are still the light and the darkness and will always be.  

I feel the corruption everyday,  but it's what I do with the corruption and how I balance myself between the two.  I'm an Empath,  if I told you I never been corrupted I would by lying because I absorb corruption from people everyday but I let it flow though me then out of me .   

Im glad those children have you ....

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

interesting...but not what i thought. so - claircognizant empath, noticed the other month that flora empath was developing slightly, fauna empath.... telepathic kind of fits but i wouldn't say at all that i can read unexpressed thoughts, emotions and energies yes but not specific thoughts..... wondering though - to see other beings from time to time, would that come under "medium" as i wouldn't think they are deceased individuals.... then again, does it matter? 

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Renee:

interesting...but not what i thought. so - claircognizant empath, noticed the other month that flora empath was developing slightly, fauna empath.... telepathic kind of fits but i wouldn't say at all that i can read unexpressed thoughts, emotions and energies yes but not specific thoughts..... wondering though - to see other beings from time to time, would that come under "medium" as i wouldn't think they are deceased individuals.... then again, does it matter? 

I'm not an expert but Emath mediums usually deal with the departed spirits that have died and have entered a new dimension but has not , for what ever reason , did not ascend into the next phase or have and has returned to this other dimension for what ever reason. Lower vibration entities also reside her also. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. This is just my experience.   Animals, such as pets, can also reside here for the same reasons.  

I think others like spirit guides and angels can reveal themselves to you without you being a medium.  

The thing is...there is no set rule or guidelines for these types of Empaths.  You may have a little bit of it all and some of the stronger traits is what you use or maybe some people are just Empaths.   For myself, most of them stand out except the connection to plants but then again, I'm connected to trees so I can't say I don't display that trait also.   I have a connection with most animals but not all.  It's really where your strength lies.  

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book