pain during meditation

To post a reply, login or signup

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

am curious, does anyone else experience pain during meditation? I am not talking about the pain that can come from sitting, as I lie flat when meditating. More like pain in my cells, and perhaps a bit of a headache. It seems especially pronounced during long sessions, that go very deep (sometimes I do get a tad envious of people who report all those feelings of bliss during their meditations, for me they can be hard work (yet still satisfying!)). After such meditations it needs a a good few minutes to feel more normal again.

Just switched to non-gluten to see if that will make a positive difference to my energy levels, so cleansing out Gluten might be part of it, but it is not the first time I experience them (unless it has always been Gluten's fault?). I guess I could just be patient, wait my three weeks, till all gluten should be more or less out of the system, to see if that changes things - but curiosity is getting the better off me Happy

updated by @goodenergyhealing: 01/26/17 12:28:33AM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

On occasion I will get a headache, but this does not happen all the time. I meditate lying down as well...usually sitting, especially in the lotus position is distracting as it causes my feet to go numb. My sessions usually go from 30 minutes to an hour.

Maybe gluten related...does this happen at other times?

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Cat Whisperer:

On occasion I will get a headache, but this does not happen all the time. I meditate lying down as well...usually sitting, especially in the lotus position is distracting as it causes my feet to go numb. My sessions usually go from 30 minutes to an hour.

Maybe gluten related...does this happen at other times?

Most channeling work is 'work' to some degree, which so far I always put down to energy resistances. Being painful with headaches (nothing severe, just enough to fell sorry for myself - lol) only with some longer meditations. Today's e.g. ended up lasting three hours...

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

When I get to a deep meditating state, I cry sometimes.   I feel some kind of deep rooted pain and tears just roll down my cheek.  When I finish my meditation, the pain is gone. Like I flip a light switch.  I don't know where it comes from but it feels like a broken heart pain.  It could be me feeling the worlds pain. Idk.  It could be my pain.   

My only complaint is the sweating.  My body heats up so much that sweat pours off of me.  Not every time , but most of the time.   Does anyone else get overheated while meditating ?  

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Rene':

When I get to a deep meditating state, I cry sometimes.   I feel some kind of deep rooted pain and tears just roll down my cheek.  When I finish my meditation, the pain is gone. Like I flip a light switch.  I don't know where it comes from but it feels like a broken heart pain.  It could be me feeling the worlds pain. Idk.  It could be my pain.   

My only complaint is the sweating.  My body heats up so much that sweat pours off of me.  Not every time , but most of the time.   Does anyone else get overheated while meditating ?  

no heat here yet (that only sometimes happens during really connected sex Wink). I did read before though that supposedly when having the Kundalini and base chakra fully synched and engaged, one can potentially create a lot of heat. Some Buddhist monks can melt snow with their bodies, heat up their hands quite a bit, or dry wet sheets on them. Likely something like that.

Yeah, was thinking it might be world-pain having seeped into the depths of my cells. I often feel stuff dissolving during meditation too, but as it was yesterday, there was still some left at the end of it...

Paul
@paul
last year
915 posts

I'm not much of a meditator. I have not experienced pain like you stated. My monkey mind does go wild and why I don't like to meditate much.

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Paul:

I'm not much of a meditator. I have not experienced pain like you stated. My monkey mind does go wild and why I don't like to meditate much.

paul - do you attune before meditating? I.s. ask that ultimate good Divine energies connect to you, i.e. Chakras, Hara, Kundalini, Grounding? If you do not, try it. It can help raise ones energies, and also creates avenues for pent up negative and stale energies (that like to feed the monkey mind) to flow off.

(this is the more extensive explanation: http://www.alexander-king.com/blog-1/2016/4/22/how-to-easily-deepen-your-spiritual-practice-yoga-meditation-mindfulness-etc)

Love and Light!

updated by @goodenergyhealing: 09/23/16 08:11:04AM
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

thought I'd give and update on this topic. Spend 3hrs meditating Wed, Thu, and 2.5hrs today, to try to resolve my pains during meditation. Feels like it gone now (knock wood!).

Felt like something (whatever that may be?), had messed with my Kundalini wiring. or I was born with it? It feels like the Kundalini can be an express way to cleanse out negative energies (through the crown chakra). But somehow I seemed to have had cross wiring and some wires just dumping into my head, and other parts of my body.

So now, that it has been fixed, it feels like there is increased and clearer energy flow, which feels great. Just remains to be seen if it lasts. Had had increased energy flow feelings in the past, and the next morning it was gone again :))

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book