Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
764 posts

I can sooo relate to this! I had been a public accountant for 25 years and this past tax season I just couldn't do it anymore. The influx of negative energy from clients, coworkers, etc was too much. Yes, I made a nice living but there has to be more to life than being a puppet on the string of society. So I quit. Now trying to decide what would pay the bills and agree with my soul. Luckily I am helping my husband with the farm so I'm able to pay my bills with that but what I am drawn to do doesn't seem to be a paid position in my area, so now I am just volunteering. 

Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
764 posts

Yes, I feel that way quite often..but there is an important place in this world for us. Everything has become so automated in the job search process that I think we as a society are paying a price...overlooking great qualified people....if you could meet them face to face. It's great that you are perusing your writing...it's good for the soul to do what we are drawn to do. I would like to see more of my calling recognized as an actual profession in the future....there is not many job openings for a death doula...I sit with the dying and their family. Most hospices reserve this service for volunteers....but it pays well spiritually for me anyway.

Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

Thank you so much for posting this, Jen. I'm currently an author (and disabled), though my books don't bring in much income, and sitting behind a computer screen for long gets tedious. Though I DETEST traditional employment. I can't imagine working for someone else again. But I want to do something that pays better and is more community involved than just authoring books. I would love to be an intuitive life and health coach or a psychic counselor or tarot card reader, but I feel I would need my own business space to meet with clients in person (and/or a specialized degree or certification), which I can't afford right now.

What I really dislike is how much life is based on money, rather than what makes us happy. Lately, I've been doing reading/research and meditation for self-improvement, healing, and guidance. I'm submerging myself in what interests me the most and having faith that an idea or opportunity will come my way.

Best of luck on your job search!

Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
764 posts

Jenstone:

Death Doula, interesting work, and I bet very spritually rewarding. I once thought of a job title, Individual Documentarian. Family would hire me to do a short documentary on their loved one's life at or close to death (before or after). What a gift to the loved one's to see the life's story, purpose, preferences, joys, sadnesses in a story form that is entertaining to watch. 

One of the things I do is encourage family members and the one ready to pass to "go down memory lane" and tell stories of the best times in their life. It takes everyone's mind off the task at hand and brings a sense of wholeness to the one crossing over. I have found even if the dying is non responsive, this seems to bring calmness to the situation.

Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
764 posts

Jenstone...I want to commend you for standing up for what is right....even at the expense of your employment. It seems like there are too many in this world that compromise their integrity just to make a buck. Well done 😉

Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts

I have often wondered how a Empath could be a lawyer (I was thinking mostly defense lawyer in murder or childern cases).    

I worked 20 years in Quality Assuance and Control and I usually ended up fighting the system I was suppose to be defending.  Lol

the money thing ....it's what you get use to.  The more you make, the more it takes.    i quit my job to raise my granddaughter and now we survive on my husbands salary which isn't as much as I was making   and it was hard the first year.   Now I wonder "where in the world did I spend all that extra money". Lol.    

water_lily
water_lily
@water-lily
2 years ago
90 posts

I'm a bit late hopping onto this thread, but I find that feeling like you are part of a higher purpose is a good way to feel better about your work. I don't mean burying your head in the sand and pretending that the negative stuff isn't happening, but rather finding a unique niche for you to use your gifts to make whatever it is you do better, better for whomever you work for and better for the world. 

Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

Lauren3:

Yes I 100% agree. I'm almost 18 and dropped out of college that I was doing really well in to become a vet, but it was so stressful to me and the outcome would of probably been amazing but it wouldn't of made me happy and I hated the idea of being told how to have my future. Now I'm working as a waitress and I'm really happy. Aslong as I'm earning a fair amount of money and I'm not stressing I'm fine 

Hi Lauren,

I changed my college major twice and have had a wide array of careers. One of my majors was Vet Tech, which would have actually been a hard career for an animal lover and needle hater. 

I'm so glad you're happy with your current job. A low stress job that is pleasant and enough to pay the bills seems like the best kind of job :) If you have time for hobbies and R&R too, even better!

Blessings~

Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

dproper:

Hello to all...

I do not post often, but I can give you all some insight as to why it is hard for us as Empaths to survive in the social cultures we are born into...

The Yang Yin of both the Spiritual and Physical realms are out of balance.  We all feel this.

All social cultures, follow a capitalistic system. Capitalism is a SOCIOPATHIC system. 

Humans are born Empaths and with free will. When indoctrinated by a sociopathic system, the majority of Empaths lose access to their Empath talents. In order for blocked human Empaths to regain their talents, they have to be retrained. That can only happen if the person is open to being an Empath. These are trained Empaths.

Natural Empaths cannot be indoctrinated into a sociopathic system... Trauma awakens us to our self awareness and our talents. Many Empaths are still driving blind to their Empath natures and are being further deadened to their Empath natures through drugs, alcohol and risky behavior patterns and addictions.

This is all natural Empaths struggle... That is why you all struggle with trying to survive in this human sociopathic world.  

In order to survive and prosper in this sociopathic world, you have to develop the behaviors of a sociopath...

May the Creators peace find you...

Dproper,

I agree that the "system" is corrupt and just badly organized. It makes us feel that we need more than we do, making us work harder and stress more, which leads to early death and an unhappy life. It needs to change :)

Blessings~

KM
KM
@km
2 years ago
90 posts

In the interest of time I had only skimmed the responses and responding mainly to the original post.  There is no disrespect in this, but I do have a terrible upper respiratory illness.  Yet, I felt a certain connection with the OP (original poster) and wanted to reach out.

I formerly worked in the legal field, during the years when that meant REAL job security.  Unfortunately, at that time most legal offices had a tremendous amount of cigarette and cigar smoke to contend with.  As my health went down hill, I was forced to make a change.  The very first opportunity that presented itself, seemed miraculous.  I took it.  It only lasted a year but I was totally in my element. Unfortunately, the legal work has tainted me for life.  When in my new job I saw a potential for personal injury, I could not (like the general public would) shove my concerns under the rug.  When the issues could not be worked out to my satisfaction, I resigned.  Initially I had returned to a non-smoking legal office, but that was a terribly unsupportive environment otherwise.  So I was again looking for change.  Found another situation that was also in my element.  Spare you the long story here, ...as supportive as the environment was, I was unable to return to work due to the disability of my first child after birth.  Odd jobs and voluntarism kept me mentally intact although I felt a tremendous guilt being supported by my husband at the time.  I have made various attempts to re-apply in legal related work, but it appeared that that was not meant to be.  I was seeking, what you are looking for now, is at least some stability of income.  For years my husband and I had to take on full responsibility of the affairs of the child while the other of us had the opportunity to leave the home for work.  Since my husband was the main earner though, my opportunities had to take a back seat.

Although it seems this is the never ending story, there is a point I am trying to make.  I got to a point that I was attempting to stack odd jobs in hopes that they would together bring in something/anything.  As circumstances would have it, one of the jobs was eliminated when the owner sold her business and the other job with very minimal hours started to raise in me some ethical issues.  I literally threw my hands up one night, straight to the sky.  I said "that is it".  I give up.  The very important part of this story is that by then I had years of depression to speak of. Although I continued to be the little go-getter dinamo / the energizer bunny that would not give up, the mounting situation (unknowingly) took its toll.  I guess you can be depressed even if you are so busily trying that you are not aware of it. I went to bed that night feeling the lowest low in my life.  Could not see anything that could possibly be done after this. My mind was totally exhausted and blank. However, what happened next would change my current life forever.

During the years of trying to make things work as a stay-at-home parent, I had slowly been introduced to certain concepts, books, meditation. The night of the lowest low, when I went to sleep, I had a dream.  I visited a place of healing, total calm and tremendous love.  The last thing I remember is a hand on my shoulder as someone sent me on my merry way back with the telepathic message that I was doing a great job.  Woke up the next morning, kid you not, a different person.  The sun was shining and I had a knowing that all would be well.  Getting out of bed I was energized and most grateful for the bright sun.

What followed is an enlightenment experience.  I started to have past life recall and was able to see others' past lives as well.  I saw the connections we ALL had in previous lives, regardless of how insignificant our current relations may now seem.

Well, that was a process to go through, an intensely emotional experience, that is strange for some of us legal people, who are so analytical and rational.  Coming out on the other end, so to speak, I started having more psychic experiences.  I would know when guiding messages were trying to direct me, and I started trusting the process more and more.  Believe me, being a legal person, there was plenty of questioning that I put forth to my husband to ensure that I was still with the program.  Everything pointed to the fact that I was well, in fact better than ever. Years of depression just overnight disappeared.  I returned from that visit to this strange place (I experienced in the dream) a totally different person.

Four years later, following guidance given to me during meditation I landed a job that seemed to be lined up for me specifically. The work is physically and mentally more challenging than any job I had ever done before, but I am soooo grateful for it.  The environment may at times not even seem supportive to me personally, but I keep going back.  I am there for a different reason.  I consider it my service work. My talents are being utilized, and I am happy for it.  Unfortunately, I still have to remain creative to stay afloat with our finances. However, I have to believe that the "intelligent design" that I witnessed putting this all into place, must have a plan for my survival to continue the work. 

My suggestion to you is to stop trying to work the problem out with your EGO mind.  Give your more intelligent higher self the opportunity to drive.  That more intelligent part of you WILL NOT interfere or even give guidance, unless you invite it do do so.  For that, you need to STOP thinking.  Easier said than done.  Some find it more easy to do this if they are actually moving physically, like doing karate or tai chi. Others may do gardening or any activity (even dancing) that they can do mindlessly to clear the chatter that is keeping some real meaningful thoughts from reaching you. 

Other empaths can and will reach out to give you suggestions as to possible things to try to make it financially.  However, the intelligent YOU, your higher self will know what you really like to do, what are the things that make you real happy.  It will help you find what you are looking for, but it must be invited to do so.  The law of no interference.

Wish you the peace I have found in this journey.  Happiness Always!

:)

4peace
@4peace
2 years ago
187 posts

Jenstone, I feel like I'm in a magical place right now with work :) - just hang in there and believe that something good will come your way :)

I started out with going to Grad school in Geography because I wanted to work in conservation and save the planet.  So I took Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems and because of that, wasn't able to get a job doing anything but Transportation Planning - so I paved the world instead of saving it.  Plus, I got to experience politics at it's finest.  These jobs shoved me into therapy and anti-depressants!!!

I started taking Psychology classes and ended up with all but a thesis in Psychology - which got me into adjuncting at the community college level - the poorest pay you can get with a Master's Degree!  I've been teaching psychology for 13 years now.  I decided to supplement my pay with a certificate in teaching English as a foreign language.  A few months ago, I found a job which pays really decently online teaching English to Chinese kids and the company seems to care about us teachers!!!  So this January I get to stop the adjuncting and do the online teaching only!!!  I get to be goofy with kids - what could be better than that!!!  It took me until 49 1/2 to get into a job I love AND feel appreciated :)

I also have some kids books that I have written and sell through Kindle - I've made almost $3 on them -lol!!  That's a gallon of milk :) LOL!  But I'm still happy about it!

I'm happiest not stuck behind a desk, blindly following the orders of someone who just wants more power and money (the politicians I mentioned/most of my supervisors had their eyes on higher positions).  Money isn't everything, and sometimes not having all the vacations I want gets me down a bit - but I'm pretty doggone happy most of the time.  You will be too, just go with your instincts and hang in there :)

Love and light,

Rhonda

KM
KM
@km
2 years ago
90 posts

The reality is that unless you have someone else to fall back on temporarily, you may have to take a job you may not like.  However, how you conduct yourself in any job, regardless of its status of importance matters.  Taking a stand can be a difficult thing.  I guarantee it, you won't be popular.  It does not seem fair that one should have to leave a position and risk their own security because the company they work for is doing unethical things. (been there) However, these are choices we make daily. 

Since hind sight is 20/20, I can tell you that the things that did not work out in my life so far, were things that were not meant to be. (like the years I tried to fight my way back to the law office but was not taken seriously)... People used to say to me way back that things work out for the best.  Now I tell you this with a lot more conviction.  After past life recall, I understood why I had to be involved in a legal job in the first place, and also why I had to leave it for good.

From the things you posted, I can see that you are not far behind me in this enlightenment process.  Drawing more and more narcissist toward you is a test. When you are applying for positions and people don't take you seriously, as if you had a character flaw for being unemployed is a test.  It is a test of your EGO. 

What I am seeing here is that you are going in the right direction.  You may still be torn by which way to step.  People close to you may judge your decisions because they have bought into this illusion that we are all separate, that we must keep our status, our high paying jobs etc. 

While you are working on your spirituality and progressing with your private path, you could look into online opportunities to do contract work.  Look for organizations that help stay at home moms find jobs (even if you are not one).  You will just have to shake out the reputable organizations from the nonsensical ones.  I heard several people did well finding independent contractor work this way.  Technical writing may be a good option.  There is also a lot of legal knowledge needed in the healthcare industry.

At one point when there wasn't a job for me, I created one.  I applied to an add that said: "do you want to lose weight and help people at the same time".  Well, weight has never been my problem.  A lifetime athlete, one of the things I (also) am is a personal trainer.  However, I did feel genuinely drawn to wanting to help people with weight issues.  I did get the job.  Yes I was paid technician wages instead of a trainer salary.  It appeared even when the job ended that I may never personally benefit from any of the effort put forth on that job.  It ended up being meaningful down the road for me to get the job I am in now.  What I was being paid did not matter.  How I conducted myself while there made all the difference.  It turned out to be a good reference for me.  I also feel that my knowledge in psychology, and health & fitness helped the clients I came in contact with.  So in a sense I was paying it forward.  ...and down the road, I did see the benefit.  There were some interesting auxiliary duties on that job that I found pretty demeaning.  No wonder that by the time I hit enlightenment, I had satisfied the requirement of being homeless without actually having to be on the street.  I had very little personal income for the longest time. I had to know first hand what it was like to do jobs most people don't do by choice.

Now I see that it was a process.  Without doing these things, I would not have had my current attitude and perception.  The people who are judging you about the empath ideas are so far behind you (even if they may seem ahead) by having their jobs, homes, cars and perceived security.  It can all turn for them as well, on a dime some day.  Then they will only be starting the process, while you will be more settled by then.

Regardless of how scary and serious the situation you find yourself in, YOU NEED TO TRUST that you are not alone.  Calm the mind, and relax.  Let the Universe provide what you need.  You are a creator, you just don't know it.  You create your own reality.

By the way, the tricky thing about narcissists: you do have to show compassion toward them, but you do not need to be drawn into their negative energy.  It is a balancing act. 

It may not seem so, but you are moving forward.

Renee
Renee
@renee
2 years ago
137 posts

I can soooo relate to this! you mentioned being only 45, Im only 33 and have felt this way my entire adult life! Don't get me wrong, I worked, and i worked my butt off! I worked for 12 years in community services management as well as (partially) studying a degree in architecture, and been a full-time mum the whole time. Now, I should be looking to head back into the workforce and yet i have no desire whatsoever to go back into the "normal" workforce. I cannot handle the energy and emotions connected with community services as i was in constant contact with people who had/still are suffering so much trauma and yet the system that i was in only sought to maintain those very same structures that caused the trauma, therefore the ability to step outside of and heal was near on impossible! And i cannot continue with the architecture as i cannot for the life of me work out how i would commit to someone else timeframes and conditions etc. If i need time out to disconnect and reconnect i would have no option to do so. If I'm needed elsewhere I would not be able to be! I'm so very grateful that financially i don't NEED to work right now, but i love being productive and know that i am contributing so i am looking at ways to create a position for myself that allows for th flexibility i need to remain emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually well. I know it can be done! 

If you want to write, YOU SOULD WRITE! 

KM
KM
@km
2 years ago
90 posts

Focus on raising your vibration.  When you do, businesses will become visible to you that operate outside of the traditional business sense.  What I am asking you to do won't be easy, because when you lose a secure income, fear is the first thing that will pop up its head.  Fear unfortunately is what will keep you from raising your vibration.  That is why I suggested to do something temporary to get some cash flow back and reduce at least some of the anxiety, so that you can turn things around to get to that TRUST that you will need.  When it appears that there are no answers coming from the outside, turn inward.  Your more intelligent self WILL guide you, and will never lead you wrong. 

Become very still.  Know that it will be ok to stop worrying about matters for those few minutes that you are doing this.  Later when you see it working for you, you WILL increase the time you seek this peace.  Eventually your whole life will change because it won't be EGO driven.  It will have an even more intelligent self driving it than the already mature legal person who was at the driver seat before.

I would not take the time typing this, if I did not believe you could do it.  It could also be an inspiration for anyone else in a similar situation.  Raise your vibration and change your life.  Then pass the torch.  A whole Universe is out there watching us do this, and they are ready to help.  However, they need to be invited to do so.  You must reach out and say: I am ready for help.  A more intelligent help than EGO can provide.

KM
KM
@km
2 years ago
90 posts

Unfortunately not enough information for me to advise you.  However, it may not hurt to see your doctor.  You definitely have a lot going on.  Stress can really kick in the adrenals, the endocrine levels etc.  That can make you just enough sluggish that you don't realize why things have become "too difficult".  You will have to tell the doctor where you see the change.  For example:  I usually don't have issues with motivation but now...; or I usually don't procrastinate this much but now...

Like I mentioned before, I went for years never suspecting that optimistic people could be depressed.  That was me.  Again, hind sight is 20/20.

Don't delay reaching out for help.  It will just prolong the misery.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book