Why you shouldn't shield yourself

To post a reply, login or signup

Corey Easton
@corey-easton
last year
62 posts
Empath's are like trees they take in c02(negative energy) and give out oxygen(positive energy).
I realized I was different after being on about 100 different medication and not one thing helped.
I realized I was an empath.
My frist attempt was grounding which helped a little bit, using various techniques Studying and reflecting what techniques worked better then others, it wasn't enough.
My secound attempt was shielding which is the first time I felt like myself in years, I realized though when I was in public places my shield was not good enough even after months of learning how to use it. It was to much to constantly try to hold up a shield wherever I went.
I just felt like I was not seeing the whole picture the shield was like medicine helps temporarily but is slowly bad for you cause it never fixes the "root problem"
It's natural for me to take other people's negative energy I'm a magnet to it. Why should I be fighting what is natural, so I decided to test a theory.
I was in software engineering class and I focused on one persons negative energy next to me and kept doing it one by one till I connected to everyone in the class. I thought at this point I would be drained cause normally I am after just taking one persons negative energy. But I felt for once like myself I felt empowered, grounded in reality, so I imagined taking the negative energy of all the college and then the world. It was the weirdest feeling ever I felt "1" with everything. I felt connected grounded the opposite of what I originally thought, I thought other people's negative energy was killing me but with this experiment showed me I almost feed of it it like a tree that takes in c02 gets stronger and produces more oxygen. So following my hypothesis after learning this I connect to all energy around me I can now flourish in social situations and now taking a engineering test I can focus easily. We are meant to take in negative energy don't run from it, or protect yourself from it. I used to battle everyone energy and it made me crazy, run towards your intuition and your true power, and you will find your true self.

-Corey
updated by @corey-easton: 03/09/17 12:48:46PM
Nea
@nea
last year
201 posts

Interesting theory. Would you suggest that maybe we get exhausted because when we try to do what is natural for us? Also do you get tired after a while? I can feel incredibly strong in certain situations, happy and sociable. But later I'll start to feel drained and exhausted afterwards. I wonder if you do aswell?

Corey Easton
@corey-easton
last year
62 posts

Following this theory I believe we get the "drained feeling" because when we are around someone who gives off such a strong negative energy we begin to take it in at such a rapid rate it scares us subconsciously, the things that makes us drained and overwhelms us is we battle our "powers" to take on negative energy. but we need to accept this feeling of overwhelming energy entering in us. After leaving social situation I know exactly what you are talking about, just because we go home doesn't mean everyone we were around with bad energy doesn't stop connecting with us and we don't have an off switch they "remotely connect" to us and it is our job to continue to keep taking in the negative energy, and eventually once we filter there bad energy and turn it into good we will start feeling more relaxed and not drained. we don't get to just turn off our ability. We were born this way, I feel like we begin to feel drained and start to fight our instincts to help but we need to learn to accept who we are. I feel like we are a battery if we keep taking in energy we can charge our battery but if we try to fight our ability our battery is going to drain a lot faster. Peace and understanding will come overtime but there going to be some days were you are drained and it is hard to function, just got to take some time to yourself sometimes.

Nea
@nea
last year
201 posts

I often feel disconnected and ungrounded, like I'm overloaded, which leaves me unaware in the moment so much that sometimes I can't function.  I feel like I am floating away, not having any control. I find your theory very interesting, but I honestly don't know where to begin to have control over what I'm 'doing'.

Corey Easton
@corey-easton
last year
62 posts

You sound just like me not too long ago, it called dissociation my memory was shot, I had a very hard time grasping reality you feel like your trapped in a jail cell inside your head. Or feeling like you don't even know who you are anymore. Everyone is built with this defensive mechanism inside them, normally only comes out in life and death situations, the feeling of dissociation effect is I would explain to to be "total numbness". It can be very hard to "pretend" to be normal when you feel this way. but know one thing this is a temporary feeling and it wont last forever. If you want more information on this feel free to private message me

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts

Hi....your right about the shielding....it doesn't work for everyone....including myself...when all my gifts opened up I was completely overloaded.....so in order get control over my gifts and my fear I had to find the causes and start to disconnect. ...I was way TOO open...the energy hurt and it was impossible for me to function in a good way....some people NEED to shut it off in order to gain control....quiet everything so they can function and become unafraid.....so while it'•s great that you've gotten to the point where your able to absorb  without fear the energy from others. ...for newbies with extreme unbalanced energy and overload...they need to first learn how to shut it off and go from there....it's not fighting who we are and our abilities.....its learning how to quiets things down when we need to do so for our health....it's not difficult for us to open ourselves....it's difficult to shut it off....to open ones self to the barage of energy takes no effort for most of us while shutting it of requires knowledge and practice....I needed to learn how to turn it off so I cold turn it off at will when I needed to....

Nea
@nea
last year
201 posts

Yes dissociation is what my therapist calls it, even though she can't understand the reason for it. It's funny how you go your entire life not understanding what is happening to you. I so relate to not being able to concentrate on things aswell. I've always thought I was lazy because I couldn't get things done, mostly because I couldn't concentrate on it because so many things were under my skin as it were. I've felt so completely lost, like there were something wrong with me.

Carrying stones help me, or it used to, but since I've gotten off my ssri's a while ago, it's like I take in even more than I used to. The first weeks off the meds I felt like I was going insane. It's gotten better, but I still need to be more aware, so I can realize what is happening to me in the moment - it's the hardest for me. I can't do anything about it if I am not aware, you know?

updated by @nea: 09/14/16 12:49:05PM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

In my opinion, when you learn to take on these energies and let them flow in then right back out, not letting them stick, this is very possible .  Maybe this is what you have mastered.  Which is good. 

My shield are also for other beings other than dwelling humans and their chaos.  

I guess it's really depends on your beliefs and the battles you have been in.  

Sheilds and/or protection works in many different ways and situations.   I shield and protect myself, my family, my pets, my friends and even people on this forum when needed, my home and the people that considers me as an enemy.    

Does my shields work?  I hope so.  I put my intent behind them layered in love and light.  

I know in my heart, things could be better but they could also be a whole lot worse. 

I have heard enclosing yourself in white does sometimes keep everything out so some people use pink or rose color light while doing psychic work.  

Sometimes if I feel threatened , I use the first thing that comes to mind. Light, bricks, glass, fairy dust, butterflies or metal. What ever I feel I need at that moment.  

I think a person should do what feels right to them and if don't need shields or protection, then go with it.

if you feel safe without visualation  shields then you must be pretty much protected already.    

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts

Hi nea...there are a few things you can do to help yourself....it sounds like you have leakage in your energy field/aura....and it can be fixed....I don't know how much you know about energy and what goes on at that level....I discovered that I was linked to other people via what I call energy cords and links....that's how we exchange information with each other at the energy level....I did a complete removal of all etheric cords and psychic links from my energy field and found some REALLY big ones that were draining me of energy....just Google how to remove etheric cords....and see what pops up...I found energy cords/attatchments I didn't even know I had...in doing that I closed a lot of leakages and feel more grounded....and I removed my whole family...Co workers...anyone who has hurt me in the past....all the way back to my childhood....school mates....anyone I could think of....removed as many cords and links that could....nothing else was helping me...

updated by @womanwhowalks: 09/14/16 01:15:40PM
Nea
@nea
last year
201 posts

@karen2 I've heard about that in the past, but it didn't do much for me, possible because I didn't actually believe in my ability to do it. It's an issue of mine, my self trust with these things is pretty bad. Although maybe there's a way to do it that I missed. 

updated by @nea: 09/14/16 01:13:55PM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts

It takes practice and patients with yourself....I doubted everything I came across too...but it didn't change the fact that it worked.....somewhere in yourself and your energy is the key to gain yourself back...and your afraid....for me that's the blockage everyone has...fear....aren't you tired of being afraid?....all doubt...worry...anger is about being afraid....overcoming the fear and looking at it face to face...right in the eye....is the only way...only you know what's holding you back....

Nea
@nea
last year
201 posts

@karen2 yes I am definitely tired of being afraid, I'm even tired of being tired all the time, if that makes sense. ;)

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts

Yup...it does...lol....I get bone tired too....

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

It makes perfect sense.  Unfortunately Sad

Corey Easton
@corey-easton
last year
62 posts

The thing with shields though is it's just a temporary fix, when I use to use shield a lot a bit back they worked good but once they broke a swarm of energies entered in me and I was done for the day. It may make us strong on the outside but we are weak in the inside. We may have strong branches through crystals, shielding, grounding but the roots of our tree are still weak. Our core is what we need to strengthen. We are the light, if we shine bright enough no darkness can overcome us(negative energy). 

a big important thing is clearing your body of negative energy so your chakras can flow naturally like a river. I know I naturally store overwhelming energy in my jaw so to clear it i focus on the negative energy in my jaw and feel the emotion of the energy and let it flow through me no matter how bad it hurts. 

Empathy are designed to feed off negative energy we get stronger from it. We are the healers of the world.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts

All this is about healing yourself....no one can do it for you...a doctor who perscibes you medication won't come home with you to make sure you take it....that's up to you....this is also about energy...not about illness ....the energy is real.... painful memories and  bad programs in your subconsciousnesses are real...the people who have hurt you have left wounds and your still attatched to these people thru these wounds...but also...as an empath you are also picking up the wounds THOSE people have had inflicked on them...so your picking up more than your own pain and wounds....you have to disconnect from those people....as you do...and your wounds heal....you will find everything will fall into place....it takes a while...but I tell you...it feels soooo good when those cords and connections are taken out....

updated by @womanwhowalks: 09/14/16 01:53:07PM
Nea
@nea
last year
201 posts

Thanks so much for your suggestions, I know what I need to do now, even though I'm not sure how yet.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts

Research everything.....there is so much information...it looks like a big challenge....and it is....it takes time to clear everything out....what also helped me is taking all the religion and spiritual stuff out of it all...look at it like an overloaded electical energy bar...too many appliances hooked up on one outlet and you'll blow the circuit...which is what's happening to you now....unplugging everything will even out the energy and you won't be overloaded....

esoteric
@esoteric
last year
16 posts

Shielding is extremely exhausting in itself for me.  I still have an unconscious shiield for situations such as the workplace where I'm stuck sitting inside everyone's energy and subtly absorbing it all day every day.  However, there's a couple practices that I've adapted to help clear/avoid peoples "stuff" when someone is actually having an emotional reaction around me.

The first is that I open up a vortex at my solar plexus chakra and intend that anything coming in the front passes straight through me and gets blown straight out the back.  A lot of times, though, the energy seems sticky/heavy so I've added another intersecting vortex at my solar plexus in the center of my body going straight down and out my root chakra and hold the intention for whatever's stuck to pass though and down into the earth. 

The second I adapted from a Ho'oponono process a friend gave me.  What he told me is that everyone is walking around with loose cords (he actually called it a tree) waiting to attach to someone, and you can clear those cords when you enter a room and/or when you talk to someone or whenever you feel it's necessary.  His process was to take scissors and clip everything around your entire aura to keep it clean.  My version is to bring white light in through my crown and down into my heart where it forms a spinning merkaba star.  The spinning star expands from my heart out to fill my aura and the spinning points shred anything that does not belong to me.  This helps at work only a little but is more useful when I'm in one place for a shorter period of time or moving in-and-out of peoples energy.

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Wow, I am dismayed at this topic. Hello old friends...Shielding is everything! specially for empaths. Taking in all this floating crap is neither good or advisable. You are only responsible for your own crap not everyone else stuff. That is their job. So for anyone thinking that this activity is good, beware and you've been warned. It is not advisable. I could not do what I do without incredible protection and shields. I employ all techniques and recently tried successfully concentric shields. they work extremely well. Some think they can tackle planetary level stuff and have really no clue. My advise is DO NOT DO THIS.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts

No one's aying NOT to shield...some of us simply can't use shielding because we've tried it and it doesn't work....those who can should...those who can't are looking for different solutions....

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
last year
272 posts

Thank you Karen2.  There isn't a technique that works for everyone all the time, probably not any one technique that works for anyone all the time. Try what works for you and keep experimenting. 

let's let go of trying to be right and lets just keep sharing the different ideas here.

Corey Easton
@corey-easton
last year
62 posts

@paul I'm not saying I have all the answers, but if we are only responsible for ourselves, why are we born with ability to feel everyone? What would be the point of empaths if it was to shield and basically hide from our own abilities. I went with the shielding approach for awhile along with very many other techniques to protect me, but never felt like I was pursuing what I was meant to do. So I did a total 360 degree and embraced every energy that came my way, it doesn't make sense why it works and I be the first one to try to explain it logically being a software developer. But the only way I can is normally we tune into a few energys around us and we feel off balanced and it makes us go crazy so the our first instinct is to shield our self from this. But something unexplainable happens when we take in all energies from all 360 degrees not just in a local radius but in a world wide radius. Think this sounds crazy take 10 minutes when your in a room next time and connect to every single person one by one, then expand it to the building and then expand to to the world. After trying this excerisze and it doesn't work for you rebuttal me then, but something crazy happenes when you do this I have never felt more grounded and shielded In my life and at 1 with the universe. The energy is flowing better then ever in my body and I have never felt better. Maybe we get stronger from negative energy but we just never get a big enough dose to realize that.

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Again it is insane to do this. And it may lead to some deep dark holes that may take lifetimes to overcome. Why? Shielding does work and it must be done right. To be open to some of the things that have come across in this forum in the last years or so would have you running for cover screaming. I'm not trying to scare you, the school of life is a very effective teacher. But to involving others leads to just bad karma. Trevor, you can trust and he does some good work here. I'm glad he's still here helping. There are others but few. I'm not as active here as I was. I would like to restart the psychic experiments but need to get familiar with the forum structure again.

Just to let you know, there used to be a fellow here that dwelled in dark magic, demonology and stuff like that. Dark stuff! He was able to escape it somewhat and I hope he is all right. he could tell you what dealing with all that crud is like. He was cleared several times but fell into it over and over again. 

There used to be an empath survival course here and Trevor has published some on that also. To this day I am not immune to crud floating around. I just don't let it take over by shielding and turning into powder. Peace.

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Rene':

In my opinion, when you learn to take on these energies and let them flow in then right back out, not letting them stick, this is very possible .  Maybe this is what you have mastered.  Which is good. 

My shield are also for other beings other than dwelling humans and their chaos.  

I guess it's really depends on your beliefs and the battles you have been in.  

Sheilds and/or protection works in many different ways and situations.   I shield and protect myself, my family, my pets, my friends and even people on this forum when needed, my home and the people that considers me as an enemy.    

Does my shields work?  I hope so.  I put my intent behind them layered in love and light.  

I know in my heart, things could be better but they could also be a whole lot worse. 

I have heard enclosing yourself in white does sometimes keep everything out so some people use pink or rose color light while doing psychic work.  

Sometimes if I feel threatened , I use the first thing that comes to mind. Light, bricks, glass, fairy dust, butterflies or metal. What ever I feel I need at that moment.  

I think a person should do what feels right to them and if don't need shields or protection, then go with it.

if you feel safe without visualation  shields then you must be pretty much protected already.    

Hi, I highly recommend shielding but you must find one technique that works for you. I say this from experience and yes, some of the battles I have been in. Without shielding... ffttt... But I must caution that sometimes, just sometimes you need something else besides that and prayers and such because it will be ineffective and not enough. That is the time to get those that can get involved. Or have the right equipment needed. You can't buy or get it, it must be earned and given by others. Luckily, most would never need that much unless unwittingly go looking for trouble thinking otherwise. So extreme care is needed when dealing with these dark energies.

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Corey Easton:

@paul I'm not saying I have all the answers, but if we are only responsible for ourselves, why are we born with ability to feel everyone? What would be the point of empaths if it was to shield and basically hide from our own abilities. I went with the shielding approach for awhile along with very many other techniques to protect me, but never felt like I was pursuing what I was meant to do. So I did a total 360 degree and embraced every energy that came my way, it doesn't make sense why it works and I be the first one to try to explain it logically being a software developer. But the only way I can is normally we tune into a few energys around us and we feel off balanced and it makes us go crazy so the our first instinct is to shield our self from this. But something unexplainable happens when we take in all energies from all 360 degrees not just in a local radius but in a world wide radius. Think this sounds crazy take 10 minutes when your in a room next time and connect to every single person one by one, then expand it to the building and then expand to to the world. After trying this excerisze and it doesn't work for you rebuttal me then, but something crazy happenes when you do this I have never felt more grounded and shielded In my life and at 1 with the universe. The energy is flowing better then ever in my body and I have never felt better. Maybe we get stronger from negative energy but we just never get a big enough dose to realize that.

This is why shielding is important. Being emphatic is nothing special. Everyone can and do it to some extent because we are all interconnected. What is important is how you deal with it. Some in this forum have claimed the same as you. Many have gotten in serious trouble and have dropped off. To take in all this crud and think you can change it. That is bologney.  It does and will change you in ways you may not be aware of. Only those very advanced and for a specific purpose can do that safely. I am talking of ascended people or very close to it such as Yogananda. Of course you may proceed with your experiment. May you not be affected negatively.

updated by @paul: 10/19/16 09:23:00AM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Paul:

Hi, I highly recommend shielding but you must find one technique that works for you. I say this from experience and yes, some of the battles I have been in. Without shielding... ffttt... But I must caution that sometimes, just sometimes you need something else besides that and prayers and such because it will be ineffective and not enough. That is the time to get those that can get involved. Or have the right equipment needed. You can't buy or get it, it must be earned and given by others. Luckily, most would never need that much unless unwittingly go looking for trouble thinking otherwise. So extreme care is needed when dealing with these dark energies.

So what are you trying to say other than how extremely important it is to shield?   That my shielding practices is not adequate ?   I do not hunt down bad energies.  It would be wonderful to never have to fight again but as long as there is goodness, there will be evil or how ever you want to see it and it's up to a person how they handle it.   Grounding, protection and Shielding works for me  and no matter what technique you use, it's the intent you put behind it.   All warriors do not wear breastplates and use swords, some wear flowers in there hair, but the intent is just as strong.  In the end, love conquers all, at least in my fairy tale   

But... I do like your post and I want to hear more.  You have my attention.   "it must be earned and given by others"?  Other than my angel guides and my higher power and / or universe. who could give me this?    What other equipment?   I'm sorry if I sound sarcastic , that is not my intention,  I have a very blunt, questioning mind.   

Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
last year
82 posts

No-one is saying not to shield?

But the actual title of the thread is Why You Shouldn't Shield Yourself!

I would suggest people make up their own minds, but after considerably more experience. There is also the problem of what we mean by the world 'shielding'... and what we imagine it can do for us, and/or prevent. It seems to me we all mean different and often contradictory things by the term 'empath,' also.

(I am really struggling with the new fonts/quoting/everything! I just want normal print!)

updated by @lavenderrose: 09/19/16 06:14:40PM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts

Lol...only one person is saying not to shield and that's the person who posted this thread....lol...of course I think ppl should make up their own mind....most of us do...I don't shield...it always felt I was draining myself when I did it....so I had to find another method....it works for me....but maybe not for others....if I share my method it's not necessary for anyone to use it....I just want to give others different options to try....it's nice if they do use and it works...that means I helped and it makes me happy...lol...I''ve tried different methods over the past few years and I found the one that works....but i'll try anything just to see what happens.....lol

Corey Easton
@corey-easton
last year
62 posts

Not that I wanted to force my opinion on anyone here, but I just want people to view empath in a different way and when posting a opiniative forum its gets a lot of people involved and I get to view it from everyone else individual perspective. I just know when I learned that I was empath the first time every article mentioned something about shielding and it never worked for me. So I want other people to understand that there is not just one particular thing that works for everyone. Similar to what you said above, it's what works for you. Not what society tells you "what" works or "how" to do things.

Nea
@nea
last year
201 posts

@cbxjohn How do you shield to filter? I'm interested in your shielding technique. I try to train to shield, but I'm not sure I do it right because I rarely feel any difference, and when I do it's only for a little while. I have a problem with being aware aswell, and since I dissociate as a survival mechanism, I don't always notice that I am not shielding anymore and become overloaded. It's not until I get exhausted and feeling like crap that I realize something is going on.

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
last year
272 posts

It's been many months, so I'd like to repeat my analogy here of two barrels of water (especially @nea). If a barrel of dirty water feeds into a pipe to a barrel of clean water, the clean water starts to look as dirty as the water in the dirty barrel. If the water flows from the barrel of clean water into the barrel of dirty water, the dirty water gets cleaner, and the clean water is still clean and is refreshed. The effect of only shielding ourselves as empaths is turn off the flow of water, and we know what happens to stagnant water! When we become healers, we keep the flow of water moving from the clean barrel to the dirty barrel.

The culmination of this analogy is my Thriving As An Empath: The light Projector Exercise but let me reiterate that I am not adverse to shielding if it works for you, and I don't expect the Light Projector exercise to wok for everybody (even though it's been great for many).

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Rene':

Paul:

So what are you trying to say other than how extremely important it is to shield?   That my shielding practices is not adequate ?   I do not hunt down bad energies.  It would be wonderful to never have to fight again but as long as there is goodness, there will be evil or how ever you want to see it and it's up to a person how they handle it.   Grounding, protection and Shielding works for me  and no matter what technique you use, it's the intent you put behind it.   All warriors do not wear breastplates and use swords, some wear flowers in there hair, but the intent is just as strong.  In the end, love conquers all, at least in my fairy tale   

But... I do like your post and I want to hear more.  You have my attention.   "it must be earned and given by others"?  Other than my angel guides and my higher power and / or universe. who could give me this?    What other equipment?   I'm sorry if I sound sarcastic , that is not my intention,  I have a very blunt, questioning mind.   

Friend Rene, All I'm saying is "be careful" when taking in or challenging dark energies. I know of a dear lady friend that shoots bolts clear out of her fingers and does well. Her armor looks like a gown dress made out of millions of points light, very elegant and a train. She does have a short sword (dagger and lady like) of sorts to use. She does need heavy shielding for reasons I will not state. I rely on shields and armor.  Hers was given it by 2 high light beings at a gathering. She is here and will tell more if she chooses to.

Not all warriors have the same calling. Not all are warriors. Its OK. Since you expressed an interest. I would recommend you get in tune with your guides and higher self. ASK. You may be ready for it. I welcome a healthy inquisitive mind and is as it should be. You may wish to start at The Place of Great Silence. Getting there is an initiation of sorts. When I say equipment, I mean energy constructs that look like objects. Some may look like swords, shields, lances, bows and arrows, etc. You are correct. Divine Love is what runs this reality. I look forward to being more active here.

Nea
@nea
last year
201 posts

@cbxjohn

That's very interesting. Setting intention is something I've heard about but I'm never sure if I succeed or not. There are many techniques I could try, but I think I need a better awareness first, because I get 'numb' and distracted and forget to do techniques. I have a hard time doing basic stuff like taking a walk every day. Clearing chakras and cleaning cords certainly helps, and I assume I have to keep it up for a while until I get bigger results. But I get the same problem then as anything else I try to do, I get distracted and exhausted and it slips away.

updated by @nea: 09/27/16 06:49:57AM
Nea
@nea
last year
201 posts

Cbxjohn:

It's very plain to me, if I dont't filter, I hurt. So it' easy to remember.

For me, I don't realize what is happening until later when I hurt and basically have anxiety attacks. It's like when you slam your toes into a door, and at first you don't feel anything, and then everything is pain. It's a defense mechanism that I have trouble getting past, this disassociation from reality. If I just could be more aware in the moment, maybe I could do something about it.

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

personally I have given up on trying to control my protections and shielding much. Well, I have handed it over to  my helpers, guides, protectors. I have come to realize that some negative energies reaching me are unavoidable (however much protections I used to visualize), and if they hit me, I just get on with channeling them into Light! If I visualize protections or do not, overall I do not feel much different - so I trust it works. And yes, sometimes just reminding myself of that, and not giving in into 'resisting' energies (be hey my own or form the outside too!?) can make it easier.....

I have encountered a few very nasty energies in my time as well though....I think it would be naive to think that there is no negative energies that are not bigger and more powerful than me (well, me, without my divine helpers). So, like a fireman wears protective gear before running into the burning house - I trust I get protections against energies that would be too uncomfortable, or dangerous to channel out myself.... Then there is the noble vision that we can 'transmute' negative energies, which I fear can be naive too! Have you ever tried giving healing to a Narcissist or psychopath? I am not saying that healing such is impossible, but it is darn challenging. My last ex was a narcissist. He claimed he wanted healing, and due to this, and him being a monster frequently I send healing near 24/7 for 2months straight - he did not change visually, and then ran away. Those energies are strong and not easily healed/ dismantled - taking them into my body and trying to transmute them there, would likely have made me ill for weeks, if not months (plus the stuff I go already anyway was uncomfortable enough ).....

Love and Light!

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

So so glad i stumbled across this thread!! I first came across the term empath many many years ago and 1st thing i learnt and promptly did was put up a shield! Was an absolute life saver as i was surrounded by really heavy energy people, one in particular that i was no longer able to be physically around. The shield worked after a while but i noticed i cut off ALOT of contact with other sources. after a while i slowly opened up and was bombarded again, so learnt to ground as well as shield. Great!! started following a few of the development lessons elsewhere on this site and all was going well until some other life stuff happened and i shut everything down! the whole lot! about 6 moths ago i slowly began to open up little by little and have been learning to manage it all a lot better. My thought was the same as @corey_easton in that we are here to transmute that energy and therefore I will try that in a way that doesn't harm me. Ive been practicing connecting with only 1 at a time, opening quickly, feeling the energy, reading it and allowing it to pass and then closing down. Ive had a external few confirmations that it has been effective. Ive also tried to remotely connect to people close to me, but will always call on my guides and go through them to connect with the other persons guides. This seems to be working as well and my guides act as a kind of buffer it feels to me.... I also feel **hope** that this has a little more psychic integrity to it in that i don't want to go actively prying and therefore ask for only what i am permitted to feel. It all seems to feel good to me so I'm happy to keep going with that. I began noticing that as I'm learning and managing this a little better I have been picking up on other empath qualities that id never had... Out bush walking oneday i began reading the energy of various wildflowers (is this normal???!!!) this has never happened, but oh my goodness it was one of the most beautiful gentle empath experiences ever! As Im a drawer and i was there to draw i began taking notes on what was coming through... I would love that one to continue! 

However I also noticed that I have on a rare occasion been able to pick up on physical pains which I've also never had before, but can see it could be of use. I saw someone post about our own energies getting clouded by another and i can see that the physical pains could be an issue, i thought i was having sporadic heart problems and stomach problems until i realised it only happened around 1 person who was on medication for both heart and stomach issues. When i left their presence and released the energy the pains left! 

My point to joining in..... no i don't think shielding will work for everyone as a permanent as there really is a lot of amazing gift to be had and you risk shutting everything down, however as someone else said, it is a must know in the empath tool box especially for those just finding out and as you learn how to manage it all! 

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

On that note, I have a friend who has just found out she is an empath, all good, been trying to explain about grounding shielding etc, but have noticed I am not able to release and ground the energy coming from her fast enough!!! and it is quickly beginning to hurt!!! I explained to her, and probably good to add in here if it isn't further up the thread, that another part of the shielding is to keep energy to yourself.... I know i have a very strong energetic presence and don't like overwhelming others so shielding and holding my own energy in is also a big part of that for me. I do know i need to keep my shield up with her because I've tried transmuting that energy, releasing and grounding, but at times it is way to much too fast and too strong!  

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,185 posts

Hi everyone,

Ms. lightning bolts from my fingers, etc. here, sword and all! I had wanted to stay out of this thread!!! However, I think what we have here is not a disagreement on shielding, so much as a semantic problem, which I hope to clarify without scaring anyone too much. I suggest anyone who does not know any of this do some research. 

There are light workers and there are light warriors, and there is a huge difference between the two. IME, there are far more light workers, and that is what most of you whom I have come to know in my appx. 3 yrs. on this forum are.

Paul and I are light warriors. I hope there are a few more on here. I know of two others who used to be here, but are not anymore. We are not talking about protecting ourselves from dark people here, which can be done in many ways, as you all have pointed out. We are fighting dark parasitic entities, involved in a huge ongoing war over the control of this planet. We fight at night, on the astral plane, and believe me, we need all the help we can get. There are 7 billion of us and about 700 billion of them, but one candle can light up a dark room.

How do I know this is real?  Because I fought them at night, waking up exhausted, for at least a year before I ever heard anyone else speak of them and say what name they are usually called. Once I had a name, I then looked them up by their name in the Gnostic texts like the Nag Hamadi, etc. They're usually called the Archons, though we warriors prefer not to call them that since it means Lords, and they don't deserve that title.

They are soulless, psychopathic parasites, whose food is literally the energy they draw from our suffering, pain and death. They feed off of our energy and their favorite "snack" is empaths, since there is so much emotion to feed on there. Many of us warriors call them ankle biters, since such disrespect pisses them off.  John Lash is one of many experts on them you can look up, if interested. David Icke is a more mesmerizing speaker and also has done videos on them. 

Once I knew what they are called, on YouTube I saw pictures of them looking exactly the way I'd been seeing them for the whole time I'd fought them before I knew what they were and what I was doing and why. They have a three tiered hierarchy in their species, and I have fought only the lowest, weakest ones, so I must not be advanced enough in skill to handle any of the higher ones. I have seen one of the second tier of their species, but only once, and it's strength was immense. 

I don't know if I chose this or was chosen. I have tried to "resign", which has never lasted more than 3 weeks before I find myself back at it again. I have been able to stay out of the fight a bit longer lately by reminding myself that we humans seem to need these dark ones to push against at this point in our evolution, since we are stuck and cannot seem to move forward, so they serve a purpose. Then I remember how lopsided the playing field is and how high the stakes, and I'm back at it again. Sigh. I'd not choose this again, believe me. 

I use a 3 layered shield system, depending on where I am and what I am doing, and I'd no more go without it than I would walk over broken glass in bare feet, but I do understand that most light workers are not going to need this level of protection like warriors do. I wish I was one of you. I often do not feel up to my task. 

I hope this helps us to all understand each other better and does not sound too crazy to you light workers. I've had hours and hours of "head shrinking" in my former profession, before they ever let me get near a patient, and assure you I am not psychotic or delusional, just depressed from the state of things.  We are not really at odds in this thread; we are simply doing different jobs to help the earth and humanity, and different jobs require different tools. We are on the same side always....the winning side of the one source! 

Namaste,

Cheshire Cat

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Cheshire Cat:

Hi everyone,

(...)

Namaste,

Cheshire Cat

Thanks Cheshire Cat  - interesting read. It is what I have been deducting from my experiences, i.e. that there is 'outside' sources feeding off suffering, and as long as one does not pray that they are removed as well, healings for our bodies, or lives, might not complete. I do simply ask for help for 'battling' them/ having them be taken into Light for rehab, as I suspected as well, that they likely outsize myself :)) I'll look them up with your terminology!

And as for 'needing' suffering to push humanity forward, I think that might well be ankle biter propaganda. After all most people get more done, are more willing to change (if necessary) when healthy, fit and with their basic needs met, rather than drained, depressed,ill and or starving....

It be interesting to know how many empath have (somewhat) restless sleep. I used to think it was part of my history of CFS. Did not know I am kicking ankle biter butt during :))

(P.S. If you have not already - I simply pray that if I do still generate suffering emotions. or they come through me, that they do not feed any suffering energies (but are e.g. grounded off straight away - as far as that is possible. Likely another reason why I am not popular in their neck of the astral ;))

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Cheshire Cat:

Hi everyone,

I use a 3 layered shield system, depending on where I am and what I am doing, and I'd no more go without it than I would walk over broken glass in bare feet, but I do understand that most light workers are not going to need this level of protection like warriors do. I wish I was one of you. I often do not feel up to my task. 

I hope this helps us to all understand each other better and does not sound too crazy to you light workers. I've had hours and hours of "head shrinking" in my former profession, before they ever let me get near a patient, and assure you I am not psychotic or delusional, just depressed from the state of things.  We are not really at odds in this thread; we are simply doing different jobs to help the earth and humanity, and different jobs require different tools. We are on the same side always....the winning side of the one source! 

Namaste,

Cheshire Cat

He he Cat thanks for revealing. I'm amazed you use layered shields also. I call them concentric shields and they work very well. I also fill the spaces with white fire. BTW Nasa has photographed these critters in space and they look like classic UFO with a notch taken out like a pie slice. Again I caution doing this without the proper equipment. Cat's dagger can and does turn them into white powder on contact. Cat's history and origins leads me to powder any and all reptilians I come across and they are ugly and mean but incredibly easy to powder. I don't consider myself more important than others. Light workers are just as important and have a really important job to do. We all have our part. I only know of 3 other warriors besides Cat. 2 of them I still communicate regularly with. One taught me lots. The other helped me with a chemtrail project I have going. i wish I knew more. All were here at the EC at one point or another. This place is amazing for learning opportunities.

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Felt like the Planets in our Solar System got cleansed last night Like some Cosmic Mother Light Portal opened up and sucked negative energy out of them.... Perhaps we got rid off some ankle biters???? Felt like a huge load off.....Hoping it was not just an illusion :)

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Nea:

@cbxjohn How do you shield to filter? I'm interested in your shielding technique. I try to train to shield, but I'm not sure I do it right because I rarely feel any difference, and when I do it's only for a little while. I have a problem with being aware aswell, and since I dissociate as a survival mechanism, I don't always notice that I am not shielding anymore and become overloaded. It's not until I get exhausted and feeling like crap that I realize something is going on.

If you are asking me, then I shield but my shields have a different purpose. Some build a barrier which block all in or out. Some of my shields give me stealth, while others shine like a mirror, yet others discharge like a tesla coil with lightning. Again its to fit the need.  My general shields are build with intent to let only light through and keep dark out, you can also send light/love/good thoughts/healing out. That is by necessity. I also have other types or permeable more robust barrier/shields that modulate to what is needed due to what I do. For us empaths I recommend the following. When setting up a shield view it as a large egg shape that you fit inside. Mentally charge it to the color of your choice. I like Blue, some like Gold, etc but its your own creation. Ask it to keep all dark out and only let light through. Its that simple. Try it. Also in order not to be drained connect it to your higher self power source with a thread. That is limitless power that constantly charges it. I'm into set and forget. I've tried this and it works for me.

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Cbxjohn:

That explains alot as I've seen the reptilian bastards in my sleep as well, they go after weak souls and take them on as "food" till they are done. I believe that is what happened to my "X" because I saw them in my dreams for a month after she left. I called in Michael the Archangel, and legions of Angels to clean the place, and saged too. It's clean now. It's funny the damn beast came after me in my sleep, I told it to "F" off and lopped it's head off with a light sword. LOL

I wasn't afraid, I knew exactly what to do, I was actually pissed, LOL. The nerve of those things, LOL! 

He he, sounds like you are one of the warriors. Knowing and having that sword and calling on Michael is key. I will tell you how those bastages operate. There used to be a planetary grid they used kind of like a spider web but energetically that was anchored in NY. They would use that to find awakening souls. Then they would assign a lizard to the person and would stand behind them placing all attention on them trying to keep them from awakening. That grid is no more, pffttt! and can't be re-anchored. They still have another one that uses CERN and its been cranked all the way up and its ineffective, so they are freaking out. You did the right thing in cutting its head off. No regrets there LOL.

Nea
@nea
last year
201 posts

My shielding is very intuitive. When I try to be more 'technical' it doesn't feel right - maybe I have to find the right technique. I'm not even sure it's shielding I am doing tbh, but it does seem to work for at least a while. I usually have light imbue me from above my head and from earth at the same time, like beams, and then meeting in my core, it's hard to explain, but they sort of combine and fill out my immediate aura.

I used to have a lot of fear at night, but after I 'woke up' I am not anymore. At the beginning after waking up I visualized pure light enveloping every corner of my apartment, light with pure love. If anything was there, pure loves scares them off so fast it's ridiculous. It's what I've found, that the opposite of negativity is love.

I can't say I know what is out there, I just know it can't touch me for some reason. I can feel the power inside, and it's there if I need it. I remember feel this power even as a little girl, even though I didn't understand at the time.

One time I had a dream which I was attacked in that is similar to what you guys are describing, and I don't know if it was just a dream or something else. But in the dream I fought whatever it was off with a light ball. I found it funny actually, because I said 'kame hame ha' when I did it. haha :D

So yeah, I don't claim any knowledge at all, I just know that fear paves the way for darkness.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Question about the dark entities...Can they drain a person and increase their negative emotions? In addition to fatigue and a bad mood, can they create physical pain too? This is how I've been feeling lately.

Also, can they be seen in waking hours? If so, what do they look like or come across as? In addition to sparks of white light, I also see dark sparks in my peripheral vision and was wondering if the dark ones were spirits or dark entities?

Thanks!

Nea
@nea
last year
201 posts

Lotusfly:

Question about the dark entities...Can they drain a person and increase their negative emotions? In addition to fatigue and a bad mood, can they create physical pain too? This is how I've been feeling lately.

Also, can they be seen in waking hours? If so, what do they look like or come across as? In addition to sparks of white light, I also see dark sparks in my peripheral vision and was wondering if the dark ones were spirits or dark entities?

Thanks!

All I know is that negativity breeds negativity. I wouldn't focus on what lurks in the darkness, but instead on growing and finding beauty in what you do have. There's so much that can drain us tbh. We have to be extra careful and practice love towards ourselves and everything around us. Love spreads faster than the speed of light. If you spread it around you, nothing else will be able to be close to you. Ofcourse nothing is about it is easy, I struggle on the best days to love myself unconditionally.

I don't know what the darkness can do, and tbh I couldn't care less. It can't do anything unless you feed it. True, sometimes you have to fight, but mostly when you fight, you're fighting yourself. I'm not saying warriors aren't necessary. I'm saying that you better be sure you have to. There were so many nights when I was sweating, terrified under the covers, and all of it was so unnecessary.

I still got a lot to learn, and I believe we sometimes 'hurt' to grow and learn about ourselves. Sometimes fighting is about staying on the path no matter what and trusting in yourself and your own instincts.

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Nea:

All I know is that negativity breeds negativity. I wouldn't focus on what lurks in the darkness, but instead on growing and finding beauty in what you do have. There's so much that can drain us tbh. We have to be extra careful and practice love towards ourselves and everything around us. Love spreads faster than the speed of light. If you spread it around you, nothing else will be able to be close to you. Ofcourse nothing is about it is easy, I struggle on the best days to love myself unconditionally.

I don't know what the darkness can do, and tbh I couldn't care less. It can't do anything unless you feed it. True, sometimes you have to fight, but mostly when you fight, you're fighting yourself. I'm not saying warriors aren't necessary. I'm saying that you better be sure you have to. There were so many nights when I was sweating, terrified under the covers, and all of it was so unnecessary.

I still got a lot to learn, and I believe we sometimes 'hurt' to grow and learn about ourselves. Sometimes fighting is about staying on the path no matter what and trusting in yourself and your own instincts.

Actually I found that avoiding looking at negativity can be bad too. If it is still generated by ourselves, looking at it might help us learn why we still generate negative vibes. If it is from the outside it can help us understand others, how they work, their motives etc... It can also help us understand how those energies operate, which can make our prayers or visualizations more effective/ targeted.... Negativity only breeds more negativity if we live it, not if we study it (with a rational and as calm as possible mind). I like to use the example of medical science - studying an illness will likely do more to find a cure than to ignore it.

Hey, I used to follow the Law of Attraction to the letter. It actually hurt me more than it helped. It kept me from realizing and embracing that I am an empath. Rather I kept on personalizing everything, and feeling guilty needlessly for feeling stuff (that I did not generate).

You are right though - trying to stay in a loving vibe will make us feel better, and even be a healing force. But there is no use beating oneself up, if one gets caught in a storm of negativity, and one does not 'feel' the loving vibes there for a while. The Love inside us is still there, but there is so much negativity it engulfs our senses.... Any apparent win on the side of negativity will always just be temporary if our intention is to clear and ground negativity coming through as as quickly as possible....( I see myself as a negative energy garbage disposal worker at times - and when you are clearing rubbish some stink wafting up will likely be unavoidable at time ;))

Love and Light!

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Wanted to add another thought.... For myself it frequently still takes focus and attention to stay in a loving and compassionate vibe. Such vibes - I agree can act as a loving shield in itself - dissolving much of what negativity is coming ones way. I am not always able to keep everything out with it though, even though I am confident that my heart is unconditionally loving towards everything and everyone! It is a question on how much 'opposition' I encounter. Light energies do not always simply illuminate Dark energies. Some dark energies are pretty solid, and it is like shining Light at a Black wall....You need lasers, or other tools, to break those up :)

That kind of focus and attention I can only really keep up in meditation, or during a healing session! When having to spend focus on outside stuff - traffic, cooking, writing, etc, etc - I appreciate whatever protection, and or shielding the Divine can provide me with, so I can get on with my life. For, in my experience, negative energies do not wait for us to be in meditation and optimally self shielding (with Love and Light!) to try to intrude into our being...

Realism vs Idealism :))

updated by @goodenergyhealing: 10/01/16 05:43:17AM
Kate
@kate
last year
131 posts

I believe "shielding" depends on context and some situations ask for action and actually working to alleviate the hard "atmosphere" while in others the desire to get away from it or not let the negative energy pass through your own defenses comes instinctively. 

I want to share a dream that I had 4 years ago and i still vividly remember. This topic reminds me about it as i tried understanding it, and it was pretty much more detailed than this but i just tried to make it short:

It was at dusk and I was inside a beautiful, huge English garden like a maze and at the entrance it had a fountain. The stars were visible and yet the atmosphere both interesting and tense, everyone gathered there to see some kind of astrological event or a special shooting star. The problem was something was lingering around. And the other problem was that i could not reach these people. I was smaller as well so to say, but it was not something i was blocked on. They were all with their small groups or totally absorbed by the events to come, some struggling to ignore any kind of outside influence or message. So caught up in what was to come, that they were not grasping the present. As usual, I could see myself from above yet through my own eyes as well, but also hear the "whispers" around. 

The action starts when a shadow suddenly dashes through these people and some kind of police that caught up form behind asks me if i can see that. I said yes and they ask me to help track it down, because the others could not or totally ignored it; they didn't like being disturbed even by the "police" who actually just took it in their own hands~ if the message was not powerful enough to reach them or if they did not welcome this idea. For me it was like a game full of hope not the coming of a disaster though, i was wondering what did "the weird thing that dashes around" do that it's being followed. At one point the cops spread into other directions as it became invisible but i followed the same path and found it again. At this point, he turned around, perplexed that i could see it. He was pretty much like a man with a cape, but on a side note he was not disagreeable. His expression turned into a smile, and he stretched out his hand inviting me to join him. I was frozen in place for a second but actually laughed in his face about it though I was wondering why. It was a full unknown; i could never say yes. He seemed shocked again, but then he smirked and said or thought something along the lines of "It's not the moment now then" or "Soon" or "Not over" and quickly disappeared as we heard the sounds of police. They dashed just as swiftly after him but all I could tell them was that now they lost him, as his presence rapidly diminished in the distance. 

They just continued after it though. And I just stood there wondering what that was, and I woke up, or slept more but this was the end of the dream. 

Maybe it was a message of a higher importance just to me, or the things that my brain understood during everyday life. But the problem is it reminded me of the people that i have met and claimed to be spiritualists or tried to embrace the new-age ideas yet they were not walking close to it. They want it only because the others do it, or only because it's a trend, and i couldn't feel any will or shine or soul in the direction they are trying to mentally pursuit. To quote someone famous "Too caught up in our own doings, to do something" and the answer to how to do it is not by removing yourself from your environment but to being in balance with it and doing your part. Ignoring the dark things that linger is one of the biggest problems, and it starts from your inter personal relationship and everything that it's being swept under a rug, ignored, whatever. If it doesn't benefit a family why would trying to ignore, or lies and rugs to such a degree benefit a society. People should fight for their own well-being, but the whole concept of well-being is also being distorted or re-defined into something that to me is an abomination as it affects the Planet/natural environment. Fighting or dreaming about illusions that truly do not benefit you as a human being by nature and genetics. For example:

Source:https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/sep/16/norway-wolf-cull-government-wwf-friends-earth-environment-protest

And: http://wwf.panda.org/wwf_news/?51160/Switzerland-wants-to-slay-Europes-wolves

It's a story about the whole country of Norway wanting to remain with like only 15 wolves out of the 60 something still remaining as they are afraid they kill too many sheep and people. Obviously only the hunters push it to gain trophies and sell them. Just as obviously, shepherd dogs were not yet 'invented'. Or Switzerland not having any, but wanting to kill every single individual that passes through the border with Italy, which also has only a few hundred individuals, again, because they are afraid they'll kill people. No notion about wolf behavior. No notion about natural balance. Meanwhile, the real 'wolves' in our society feast on or after their little 'sheep'. Not even stressing subjects that are far from the general public's reach or deemed as "conspiracies", what already happened or happens should serve as example.

Good ideas. Eradicate, hide, isolate. "Shield"

What "shield" should stand for is protect to foster, not isolate to destroy, and this also stands for core needs or values. What does shielding mean to you, when do you use it? I think this is more important to answer at least for yourself.

updated by @kate: 10/01/16 05:54:00AM
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,185 posts

Kate, you make a very good point. The INTENT of why we do or don't do things, including shielding, is of utmost importance!

Nea
@nea
last year
201 posts

@goodenergyhealing I'm not saying we shouldn't feel negative emotions - but that we should love ourselves even when we do. Even when we do feel fear, we can judge ourselves and breed more fear. It's okay to be afraid. It's okay to fail. I think one of darkness' weapons is to use our fear against us, and make us judge ourselves and not forgive ourselves, so we don't grow. People can end up in a never ending spiral of negativity. Sometimes loving yourself is about accepting that you do everything you can at the moment, and not let fear take away that love.

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

@nea - could not have said it better myself ;)

Nea
@nea
last year
201 posts

Goodenergyhealing:

@nea - could not have said it better myself ;)

Thank you Laugh

updated by @nea: 10/01/16 08:10:57AM
Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

just adding to what @nea has said re the need to love ourselves even as we experience those negative emotions, I think we also need to accept that those negative/dark aspects of self are an essential part of our psyche. Life exists in duality, therefore one can only express light and love as deeply as they've explored and experienced their darkness. Don't shy away from those negative emotions/feelings, delve into them, explore them, seek to understand them and unravel them and you will find your true strength and will no longer fear negativity........ 

however, as @lotusfly asked re negative entities, i take it you mean external to your own self? Can they drain you etc? yes they can. if you are being constantly "contacted" attracting negative entities i would most definitely be calling on any form of protection - shielding, guides/angels, crystals, natures healing whatever tools you have to help you keep them at bay or manage/understand why they are coming to you. If it is a continuous thing i would look within as to why you? Aspects of yourself that they are attracting them to you? The idea that "we seek out what it is we need to be made aware of in ourselves" comes to mind... why are they coming to you? what aspects of self are reflected in the negative energies that you made need to work through?

If however you are looking to actively work with negative energies i would say definitely guard up.... I opened myself up (whilst in meditation with guides etc) and had an extremely dark energy come forward. As I knew where it had come from and had my guides i was able to semi manage it, however, there were some serious effects for a few more days to come! Arghh not good! and not easy to work with! And i welcomed that one and was expecting it! Doesn't make it easier!! Beware! They are intense!! 

Nea
@nea
last year
201 posts

I good book about emotions is The Language of Emotions by Karla Mclaren.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

Cbxjohn:

That explains alot as I've seen the reptilian bastards in my sleep as well, they go after weak souls and take them on as "food" till they are done. I believe that is what happened to my "X" because I saw them in my dreams for a month after she left. I called in Michael the Archangel, and legions of Angels to clean the place, and saged too. It's clean now. It's funny the damn beast came after me in my sleep, I told it to "F" off and lopped it's head off with a light sword. LOL

I wasn't afraid, I knew exactly what to do, I was actually pissed, LOL. The nerve of those things, LOL! 

This brings to mind when I first started awakening, I was meditating and I got a glimps of what looked like a "grey" with horizontal kinda squinty eyes. It happened so fast....like it was behind me and peeked around me so as to come into my view...then disappeared just as quick. It didn't startle me or make me feel threatened but I have always wondered what it was. It was like at that moment I was in another diminsion, but it was only like the 2nd time I had meditated so wasn't sure what happened.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Thanks, everyone, for your responses about dark entities and negative energies. I've been going through a depression that has no basis in fact (I don't see any major reason why I should be so unhappy, drained, in pain, etc), and I was wondering if these dark entities I sense are affecting me. I guess it's highly possible. I could also be picking up emotions from other people. But these are really dark sensations and I can only guess they come from an inhuman source. 

@Renee, yes, I was talking about dark entities outside myself that are affecting me (possibly giving me negative emotions for them to feed off of). No, I don't wish to fight them, unless I have to :) I just wish for some peace of mind. 

@nea, I believe I'm being targeted by the dark entities because I'm vulnerable and sensitive (and an empath). I already use crystals, stones, and smudging, but I suppose I should shield too as @goodenergyhealing suggests for a very good reason :)

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Cbxjohn:

Lotusfly,

Just remember they prey on us when we are down and vulnerable. They can't stand it when we are happy, beaming, and truly ourselves. Trust me, they leave. Don't focus on what you are feeling or you give them power, focus instead on what makes you happy. I crank up my favorite music, or ride my motorcycle, things that bring me joy. Just be your best joyous self, the real you, it has worked amazing for me.

Thanks, John :)

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Cbxjohn:

Lotusfly,

Just remember they prey on us when we are down and vulnerable. They can't stand it when we are happy, beaming, and truly ourselves. Trust me, they leave. Don't focus on what you are feeling or you give them power, focus instead on what makes you happy. I crank up my favorite music, or ride my motorcycle, things that bring me joy. Just be your best joyous self, the real you, it has worked amazing for me.

So true. The best way to beat these critters is to rise above them in vibration. They can't follow you.

Kate
@kate
last year
131 posts

Cheshire Cat:

Kate, you make a very good point. The INTENT of why we do or don't do things, including shielding, is of utmost importance!

Thanks ^^ It s just that we have the possibility to change things through our will, but it will only get more potent the more we work collectively and not just out of selfishness.

Also, the more you raise your frequency the less you need to act on shielding i believe. There are a few mental tricks so as not to isolate yourself but to avoid submerging yourself in a sea of thoughts and emotions that might or not have to do with you.
updated by @kate: 10/04/16 12:19:36PM
Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

All, just to the point. I had to powder a white one this morning. I felt the presence outside but it could not get through the 2nd shield. So it was powdered. Even the Griphon was looking like "you handle this one" LOL. So I set my personal shield to 10,000,000 points and went at it. Shields are important people. I pray you never meet one of those.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book