Welcome New Web Site Early Birds!

To post a reply, login or signup

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

The site is up and running but I'm holding off sending email notification to everyone.  I'd rather try to fix problems with a small group of people than thousands!

I have spent over 80 hours in the last 7 days to get the website as close as possible to what we had before.  The thing is, it can't be "the same".  So bare with me as we all learn the ropes (me too!).

If you find something "weird", please create a Support ticket so I can fix it!  

• Top Menu > Hover on your username
  • Click on Support
  • Click on Create New Ticket

Every ticket filed helps me make it better for the late birds :)

THANK YOU!

updated by @eliselebeau: 11/10/17 09:07:01PM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

I do have a question.  I use my iPhone to post.  Before I had a chose to view it two different ways.  Desktop view or mobile view.  I could see "more" on desktop view then I could mobile view but mobile view was much quicker.  To be sure that I'm seeing everything, are their only one view of the new format ?  

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

Yes, it's called a responsive design. It's the same thing but the images are smaller with other minor adjustments (like the compact menu).

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Ok. Thank you 

Bing
@bing
last year
547 posts

Hi

It is so nice to know that we are still going to have our dear EC to come to each day.  I just love having this community of Light based people to chat with and share our experiences, especially in this time of increased Light energy flowing into our world on a daily basis.  Thank you once again Elise for keeping the lights on and the door open.  I will be adding new topics to the Library of Light and my two other groups as I continue to do research and learn more and more about this new energy.  I have also posted the EC Facebook page on my own Facebook timeline.  I love you all so very much. 

Throw some love into the wind.

Bing

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

Hi all,

First and foremost...a big THANK YOU to Elise for finding us a new home and tayloring it to be similar to the old home, change is sometimes hard to get used to. Bing, saw your post on FB, as I am following you now...love your inspirational posts 😍, maybe you will encourage new visitors/members that would find this site useful, as I did during my initial discovery and awakening. Glad to see some of my old friends have also found the new home...it gives it a sense of familiarity.

Blessings to all....

updated by @cat-whisperer: 09/13/16 05:58:01AM
Bookworm
@bookworm
last year
85 posts

What Bing said!  😉

I think the new site looks great and I'm sure there will be plenty of others who agree! So glad you were able to save this valuable resource Elise!

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

THANK YOU for your support.  It means a lot to me :)

Abra
@abra
last year
3 posts

Thank you, Elise.   I am new here & I appreciate all of your hard work & dedication to all of us, & getting the site back up and running.  It means a lot to me to have a place to go where people understand.  It is a beautiful sunny day, I hope that you are able to get out and enjoy it.

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

Wow @rene, I just realized you have more posts than I do!!!! Way to go!!!!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,185 posts

Thank you Elise! This place has saved my life. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way,  and you should know how much good you've done and how much it is appreciated.  :-)

Cheshire Cat

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

Thanks @cheshire-cat, that means a lot :)

Billy Jo
@billy-jo
last year
14 posts
Well done and Thank you Elise! Your time and effort are greatly appreciated xxx
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

Thanks @billy-jo!

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

@eliselebeau • 4 hours ago • 423 posts:

Wink  Hehehe.  I'm a chatter box. Lol

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

Rene':

@eliselebeau • 4 hours ago • 423 posts:

Wink  Hehehe.  I'm a chatter box. Lol

Quick Tip:  If you hover over a post a little speech bubble will appear on the right.  If you click on that, you'll be quoting that post :)

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Ok thanks.   I didn't know that.   Now,  if I could get my private messages to open 

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

Rene':

Ok thanks.   I didn't know that.   Now,  if I could get my private messages to open 

What's the problem there?  Private messages works for me.  You need to be friends with someone before you can message them.

updated by @eliselebeau: 09/13/16 04:21:58PM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

It's probably the operator not the forum. Lol. 

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

Rene':

It's probably the operator not the forum. Lol. 

I love my operators!

Does this help?  I added a button to access your "Messages" from your Profile (when you click on your username).  It will say how many unread messages you have too!

updated by @eliselebeau: 09/16/16 10:48:55AM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

It was the operator. Lol.  I finally got it open.  

updated by @rene: 09/13/16 07:49:26PM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
785 posts

Hi...i'm so glad you were able to find a new home for us Elise....altho I wasn't that worried...lol....it's not that much different from the other site and it seems easy enuf to get around....so far so good for me....lol...you should add a donation button so if anyone can afford it including me...can send you something....I usually have to budget...so if the donation button is always up I can access whenever I have enuf to share....things are starting to iron out for me financially so I can probably swing a few bux here and there.....

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

Thanks @karen2!

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

This isn't really a problem so I didn't see the use of making a ticket for this but is anyone else getting notifications about football?  I clicked on the link and it cannot be found.  I have nothing against football and I apologize if this is actual topic but I tried to find it before posting her. 

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  289KB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  154KB

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

Rene':

This isn't really a problem so I didn't see the use of making a ticket for this but is anyone else getting notifications about football?  I clicked on the link and it cannot be found.  I have nothing against football and I apologize if this is actual topic but I tried to find it before posting her. 

That was our very first spammer!  I caught it early though which is why all these posts are deleted :)  Always report SPAMMER, though.  It's worth it, in case I've missed one.

Nea
@nea
last year
201 posts

Looks great so far, great job Elise :) I'll have a look around.

BrianX
@brianx
last year
2 posts

So far so good 

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

Thanks @brianx and @nea.  There's a lot of features but I'm letting you all discover them ;)

Ember
@ember
last year
10 posts

Thank you Elise, for being so dedicated to this community!  I was worried when I first got the email about the community having to move.  I was worried that this wonderful resource and community would be lost.  Thank goodness it got all worked out.  The site looks great! 

Again, Thank you so much Elise!

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

Ember:

Thank you Elise, for being so dedicated to this community!  I was worried when I first got the email about the community having to move.  I was worried that this wonderful resource and community would be lost.  Thank goodness it got all worked out.  The site looks great! 

Again, Thank you so much Elise!

Ahahaha, I was worried too!  But I managed to get it all worked out, so all is well :)  Thanks for being here!

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

suze:

I was and am still relatively new to the community.   Thank you for continuing to have a place for us.

Welcome @suze!  May you enjoy many years of companionship among us :)

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

I am so glad it was an easy transition, @marilyn-neidinger!

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Wow, great you were able to kickstart it again. Now to get used to the new site....

Waxing Gibbous
@waxing-gibbous
last year
1 posts

Hi Elise, 

I haven't' been on in a while but I was so glad to see the new site.  Much of what I have felt/seen/known as an empath has seemed surreal but I was always validated by being in touch with others who have experienced the same things.  Thank you for keeping this community going. It is truly appreciated.

Chrisis
@chrisis
last year
39 posts

Dear Elise: I'm relieved you found a new home for the community. And I like the new look 😊 thank you for the energy and time you put in this. 😘

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Awesome Elise. ALl the glitches will be fixed and this will be even better than before. Thanks

MaryAnne
@maryanne
last year
30 posts

Hi, Elise!

Thank you for your hard work to keep our place alive!!!

Eventhough I've been away for a long time, I'm really grateful that I have a place to come back to :) Feels like home ;)

I see some familiar ''faces'' here too. 

I try be a better empath from now on and not surrender to the darkness that's been calling me lately...

Thank you again, Elise!!! In fact, your e-mail was a great reminder to come home.

Love to everyone!!! 

MA.

Mythical Spark
@mythical-spark
last year
8 posts

I'm new here and I don't know what it was like before but thanks for this website.

I appreciate the hard work that goes into making and maintaining such things.

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

I'm so happy you're all back "home" :)

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

thankyou!!! for the new site! it actually feels a little more streamline than the last site! :-) 

KitKat
@kitkat
last year
25 posts

Thank you for our new home Elise. Much love xx

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Elise, is there any option on the site to "like" a post?

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

Paul:

Mmmm a Facebook like (which can be done with the link on the next) or a site specific like (which was had in Ning but don't have here)?

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

Paul:

@Paul this is not exactly awesome but you can now see a "like" thumbs up icon at the bottom of each forum post.  I'm trying to make it more visible but I can now change my answer to "yes, there is a like button".  :)

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

hey @eliselebeau are you able to put up a post re: the need to click that notifications tab in groups as there seems to be little activity in groups now. so whilst we are not wanting to post all topics in the main forum, this is the only place where there is any activity or consistent notifications from so i just wonder if all are aware that that notifications button is needed for groups? Thanks 

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

Sure, I will make a new FAQ.  Thanks for the suggestion.

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
last year
414 posts

Renee:

hey @eliselebeau are you able to put up a post re: the need to click that notifications tab in groups as there seems to be little activity in groups now. so whilst we are not wanting to post all topics in the main forum, this is the only place where there is any activity or consistent notifications from so i just wonder if all are aware that that notifications button is needed for groups? Thanks 

@renee

Is that better?http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/eliselebeau/blog/1862/how-do-i-get-notified-of-new-discussions-in-the-forum-and-groups

forum_alert.png

group_alerts.png

I'm also considering moving the groups as forum categories instead.  Stay tuned!

updated by @eliselebeau: 10/29/16 08:23:48AM
Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

ahh ok thanks @eliselebeau should make it easier to keep up to date with new posts on threads! thank you so so much for all the hard work you put into creating this space for us all to connect on :-D 

SpirtuallyAwake
@spiritled
last year
3 posts

Thanks for creating this beautiful site. It's very comforting to read posts from like-minded people. This Empath nature of mine is all starting to make sense now! =)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book