Are you a Light Empath or a Dark Empath?

To post a reply, login or signup

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Hmmm.....http://www.annettesastrologycorner.com/empath/
updated by @rene: 05/27/17 04:07:20AM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I wonder if that would be the same as "lightworkers"and"lightwarriors".
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

I find that article very confusing, and it uses/ creates terminology that seems unfavorable.

According to it I am more of a dark empath, but I reject the term 'dark' with and identifying adjectives about myself! It kinda sounds too, like dark empaths are pessimists, and light empaths optimists? But supposedly dark empaths cope better? Also if dark empaths feel loads of negative energies (which attributes to their 'dark' label), then what do light empaths actually pick up on? They are supposed to have a helper syndrome, but do not actually feel the darker side of those they help? Why would they want to help in the first place? And it seems ironic that light empaths supposedly have a greater chance of falling for the 'dark' side....

A better classification is perhaps 'coping' empaths and 'not coping (yet)' empaths? So I used to be a non-coping empaths, be that because the opposing energetic forces where either still overwhelming, or because I did not recognize I am an empath, personalized tons of stuff I took on, and did not concentrate enough on cleansing? and then turned into a coping one. During my non-coping years, I guess one could say that I had CFS/ ME, which makes it a hard thing to be jolly all the time, but I did not turn into a pessimist! Now I still feel plenty of negative stuff, but with better health it is easier to feel content, if not happy! ....

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

not sure if there is a difference? I'd say one is a lightworker until one is thrown into ones first real battle (between Light and Dark energies), after which it might be hard to label ones lightwork, as just any other job/ work anymore? :)

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

I see traits of both dark and light in me, however, before discovering that my lifetime of struggles were due to being an empath, I guess if you were to use a label I would have been predominantly dark, but now since being aware of my empathness, I would consider myself more light.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

i think Empaths are both. The negative just stands out and or sticks with us longer.  Positive energy usually means all I good with this person and we let if flow though us.    

Wink  I can post smiley faces now.  Lol. 

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
786 posts

Lol...I just finished reading this article...lol...all I can say is i'm somewhere in between. ...I don't see myself as a light or dark empath....I can be either or when the need arises....I can tell when i'm being drained...and I can tell when i'm being used and abused....and I can tell when i'm being lied to....lol....I always have a difficult time as to how I describe the energy I sense...the dark energy is heavy and dense where as the light energy is..well....light.....but it still has a densenes to it...I have no idea how my energy comes across as I'm always FEEL ING heavier denser energys that seem to envelope me....so I always assume my own energy field is heavy with the accumulations of other energies that stick to my energy field....lol... Laugh.....I like the smiley faced too...Rene....lol

Bookworm
@bookworm
last year
85 posts

I don't have anything useful to add to this discussion, I just love you guys!  Wink x

Abra
@abra
last year
3 posts

I am dark empath.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,185 posts

I have to agree with abra. I fit the dark empath definition best. I wonder though if we can't move from one to the other at differing periods in our lives.....

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
786 posts

I think we should be careful as to how we interpret this types of information and take everything with a grain of salt....light and dark are just terms we use to describe the energy....it does not mean you yourself is either light or dark.....good or evil....etc....as we can all flip flop from being nice to being nasty as the day goes by....lol...mood swings...etc...part of the empath life....i'm usually a pretty nice person until the wrong buttons are pushed...lol...then watch out..  lol...

updated by @womanwhowalks: 09/13/16 03:42:07PM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Bookworm "]

I don't have anything useful to add to this discussion, I just love you guys!  http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/data/media/0/0/jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png:style="height: 20px;" alt="Wink" title="Wink"> x

We love you tooo.   I would throw flower peddles but I don't have an emoji for that. Lol.        We are all visionaries ,  just imagine me doing that.  Happy      i 

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

According to the article, I'm a dark empath. This is because I didn't realize my gifts before adulthood and went the psychological treatment route first.

However, I believe we're all born light empaths and can change, depending on what we're going through and if we heal or not. I'm becoming more light by doing this, but having the skills of the dark empath seem good too :)

I did not have anyone who could confirm my gifts to me when I was a child. I simply felt different and then assumed there was something wrong with me. If I have a child someday, I will be sure this does not happen to them :)

Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts

I disagree with the light and dark labels. I feel like a lot of empaths hold onto the title amd forget that we're still human and human psychology plays a part just as much as anyone else. We have the ability of choice, maybe not whether we are empathic or not but we can control our circumstancesto a degree and what we allow our minds to focus on. A lot of stuff doesn't just "happen to us", we allow it. I believe there is light and dark to everything and while we probably can't choose to eliminate either one, we can choose what we allow ourselves to dwell on and learn about. You may be better at light or better at darkness but that's only because that's where your experience lies whether you chose it out came by it unknowingly. Choose to educate yourself in all that there is and teach your brain to follow wise instruction. We don't recognize light without darkness.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
786 posts

Good words nikki3...good words...

Mike Simpson-Rogers
@mike-simpson-rogers
last year
9 posts

I feel a lot of dark things.  Im learning to use crystals to help me ge thru things with meditation.  

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

The Shadow Knows... seriously. All is Light. Dark is the absence or diminished light. Light/Dark is duality and that is also an illusion. There is no such thing. There are those that by choice have separated themselves from the Source of all. Such they are dark. These creatures need to steal light from others in order to survive. Their battery is being drained without a recharge. To take in dark, means that light leaves you or is stolen, but since you are being recharged all the time, you don't diminish and they get to live. It does not mean that they have earned that right and some get powdered and sent back to the Great Central Sun to be repolarized after being stripped of individuality. Now if you are cut off and some one is draining you, your charge is being run down faster and that is trouble.

Rosie333
@rosie333
last year
20 posts

Hi All,

From my brief reading and understanding of light and dark empaths, it appears dark empaths are able to lift the lid or veil on the dark forces at work in this world. They do not take things at face value and can see and feel deceit and underhandedness. The light empaths are usually overly optimistic and take things at face value. We certainly need both the light and dark empaths to see the truth and to lighten up and make peace with the dualities in this world

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

One other and different way to view this. Having come across some reptilians in my adventures and what they do to people is just that, syphoning off their energy and trying to keep them from waking up. This is usually done to awakening unsuspecting people. This, of course can not persist as I have powdered them as soon as I see them. If they can see me and some can't, is the last they ever see. This goes along with a special grid that was knocked off and they do not have anymore. There is another grid that they use and its been cranked as high as it will go but due to the shift energies, its ineffective in keeping people from waking up.

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Goodenergyhealing:

not sure if there is a difference? I'd say one is a lightworker until one is thrown into ones first real battle (between Light and Dark energies), after which it might be hard to label ones lightwork, as just any other job/ work anymore? :)

Its good that you mention battles. I do battles or go on missions sometimes to free other beings who are in bondage. I caution that those assignments are given and are not sought. Not all are able or can do those assignments. Only those that do that work understand and not all get to fight. Some just do support work. It does take a special one to actually fight. Fighting can be in 3D or 4D. I only deal with 4D fighting. I stopped fighting because the paradigm has changed. It is only special assignments only now. The fighting is usually done in large teams and there are thousands of souls who can do this. Some say these are light warriors. My tools allow me to powder darkness. I have powdered reptilian hybrids and even one that looked like a dinosaur 15 foot tall. So this is not for the faint of heart. Other times its against interdimensionals and involve pushing them back and closing the portal. One thing to know is that nothing ever dies, its just changed. So I view it as light is everything and darkness is the absence of light.

Janett Niemi
@janett-niemi
last year
86 posts

I would love to read this article, but I can't find it. What am I doing wrong?

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

SANDRA FERNANDEZ:

Lotusfly:     I did not have anyone who could confirm my gifts to me when I was a child. I simply felt different and then assumed there wasY something wrong with me. If I have a child someday, I will be sure this does not happen to them :)

@LOTUSFLY IT HAPPENED TO ME EXACTLY LIKE YOU,AND I HAVE A DAUGTHER WHO IS GIFTED TOO,SHE EVEN HAS SPIRITUAL GUIDES,AND I DONT,I HAVE ASKED THEM TO HELP ME,BUT AS WE ARE ATHEISTS,MAYBE IS MORE DIFFICULT FOR ME.....BUT WHAT AMAZES ME MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU WROTE,IS THAT YOU ALWAYS FELT DIFFERENT,AND I ALWAYS FELT THAT TOO.BUT I DIDNT KNOW WHY,UNTIL I WAS 44 YRS OLD Wink

Hi Sandra,

I found out when I was 34. Better late than never ;)

It's unfortunate to grow up in a dysfunctional family or with one who is unsupportive or simply unknowing, but that's all in the past now. I hope you can come to terms with it and that you and your daughter can find serenity and happiness :)

Blessings~

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Janett Niemi:

I would love to read this article, but I can't find it. What am I doing wrong?

It's the Annette's Astrology link at the top of the page (first post) :)

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

I've been really feeling the abilities of the dark empath lately. It's as if I was born to spot the darkness in the world: the lies, bad intentions, uncommitted crimes, negative thoughts. My true essence is purely good, but I can't help but notice the dark. I was wondering today if it has anything to do with my father playing horror movies for me when I was really young. Or maybe just because I'm psychic and telepathic. I just know that the bad sticks out like a sore thumb to me and it's quite depressing. Wish it was the other way around and I only saw the good in the world.

Can anyone relate to this inner knowing about people, places, and events? And feeling like such a good person who easily spots the bad?

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Lotusfly:

I've been really feeling the abilities of the dark empath lately. It's as if I was born to spot the darkness in the world: the lies, bad intentions, uncommitted crimes, negative thoughts. My true essence is purely good, but I can't help but notice the dark. I was wondering today if it has anything to do with my father playing horror movies for me when I was really young. Or maybe just because I'm psychic and telepathic. I just know that the bad sticks out like a sore thumb to me and it's quite depressing. Wish it was the other way around and I only saw the good in the world.

Can anyone relate to this inner knowing about people, places, and events? And feeling like such a good person who easily spots the bad?

yes, it is rare that I feel I get positive energies empathically - it seems to mainly be negative ones. But then I decided years back that I want to be a spiritual healer - just did not expect it to be a 24/7 job (ok it is not 24hrs a day, but more than office hours :)) . I have also come to understand that energy is energy, it cannot disappear, only be transmuted. So running around with pink shades, and 'ignoring' bad things - will likely mostly only ever be temporary relief. For thorough long term and lasting healings, someone has to deal with the negative stuff... I (selfishly) trust that the energy spent on this today, will make my life easier in future....

Every negative energy that comes to me is sent into Light...

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Goodenergyhealing:

Lotusfly:

yes, it is rare that I feel I get positive energies empathically - it seems to mainly be negative ones. But then I decided years back that I want to be a spiritual healer - just did not expect it to be a 24/7 job (ok it is not 24hrs a day, but more than office hours :)) . I have also come to understand that energy is energy, it cannot disappear, only be transmuted. So running around with pink shades, and 'ignoring' bad things - will likely mostly only ever be temporary relief. For thorough long term and lasting healings, someone has to deal with the negative stuff... I (selfishly) trust that the energy spent on this today, will make my life easier in future....

Every negative energy that comes to me is sent into Light...

Thanks, Goodenergyhealing!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book