How do you know you've met a fellow empath or highly spiritual individual?

To post a reply, login or signup

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts
I recently met a few people who told me they get goosebumps around me everytime they see me. This came about as the topic of spirituality came about. They said that's how they knew I was highly empathetic or gifted.How do you all know?
updated by @tigerlily: 01/24/17 06:27:17AM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Some people are better at reading energy signatures than others. Some do not know that's what they are doing when the feel another's energy. A person does not have to be present to read their energy. I can feel people when they post, before I read their post. I can feel things about them like how newly awaken or advance they are. It's like meeting them in person. And sometime it feels like I can feel them feeling or testing my energy (not sure but sometimes I feel someone is peeping into my window, but not sure if that is actually possible for me to feel that but I do). I have learned that when I stopped placing judgement on people, it kind of started happening naturally. What ever I feel about a person and their energy, good or bad , fresh or stale , I let the energy flow though me and flow right back out, not letting it stop and take root.
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

hmmm - not quite sure. Do not have any set and fast rules.

I guess I go with how I feel around a person. And with clients I add the strength/ intensity of healing energies flowing, how clear their e.g. chakras are, etc.. But I have also learned to add in how I feel before I meet a person, and how afterwards. Narcissists and Psychopath can feel wonderfully calms and eve lovely during a direct encounter, but then the energetic battles begin, once I am on my own again... And if there is the slightest doubt, I keep observing, rather than making my mind up about a person's character, and or state of energetic development. (and even if I come to a conclusion, I try my best to remain open to change my opinion (for better or worse). I sometimes get fears that I have turned into a bit of a cynic and overly skeptic, but then I remember that falling for a narc or psycho is potentially long term even more damaging. Plus if I am uncertain, or think someone is not all benevolent, I simply ask for more healing for them, and or our relationship....
And not to doubt that you are highly empathetic and gifted (it comes across through the posts/ comments I have read by you), but cynic little me even remains skeptic when someone pays me such compliments. Especially if people do so, that I have just met. Often enough it seems they are just trying to sweet talk my ego.... Cult recruiters will often sweet talk people in such a way, to get them to join up (again - no judgement on whoever told you though!).

Love and Light!

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts

You both are right. I have noticed alot in work emails when someone is stressed or angry, even though their words put together don't display that. I for one feel like i have to stop placing judgement on people, but sometimes its hard when right away I feel the person is a douchebage, highly depressed, severe anxiety, overly happy, confident. Get my drift? It's something about peoples eyes when i look direct at them i get that right away. But as far as goosebumps, i really dont feel that unless ive met a man who i really like (only happened a few times, out of the mamy ive met) or if its a spiritual presense like a grandparent and then i can smell them. So I was just curious after what those so called friends said. Because sometimes I can't pick up on other empathetic people, unless I just don't attract them? It would be great to meet someone like me and have that freindship.

Jenstone
@jenstone
last year
72 posts

Goodenergyhealing:

hmmm - not quite sure. Do not have any set and fast rules.

I guess I go with how I feel around a person. And with clients I add the strength/ intensity of healing energies flowing, how clear their e.g. chakras are, etc.. But I have also learned to add in how I feel before I meet a person, and how afterwards. Narcissists and Psychopath can feel wonderfully calms and eve lovely during a direct encounter, but then the energetic battles begin, once I am on my own again... And if there is the slightest doubt, I keep observing, rather than making my mind up about a person's character, and or state of energetic development. (and even if I come to a conclusion, I try my best to remain open to change my opinion (for better or worse). I sometimes get fears that I have turned into a bit of a cynic and overly skeptic, but then I remember that falling for a narc or psycho is potentially long term even more damaging. Plus if I am uncertain, or think someone is not all benevolent, I simply ask for more healing for them, and or our relationship....
And not to doubt that you are highly empathetic and gifted (it comes across through the posts/ comments I have read by you), but cynic little me even remains skeptic when someone pays me such compliments. Especially if people do so, that I have just met. Often enough it seems they are just trying to sweet talk my ego.... Cult recruiters will often sweet talk people in such a way, to get them to join up (again - no judgement on whoever told you though!).

Love and Light!

Your comments here really resonate with me, goodenergy and rene, GE I like how you describe your process of observing new people you meet. I often have the experience that I "see" people, their lightness and darkness. I see the threads of evil, their past, and I have an overwhelming sense of love and acceptance. Particularly I see that violence hurts both victim and the person perpetrating violence, and so in this respect, sometimes dangerous people feel a sense of compassion and acceptance from me. Recently, though, my choices to be near people have resulted in scary things for my family members. This can't be a healing result, right? Can you explain the boundaries that you set with people, if any, and how you come to a place of not hurting or endangering yourself when you help others or extend compassion to others?

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Jenstone: Can you explain the boundaries that you set with people, if any, and how you come to a place of not hurting or endangering yourself when you help others or extend compassion to others?

to me it is more a question of making sure that healings and protections are extensive enough, rather than setting boundaries. In my experience, especially strong negative energies, like with psychopath, or narcissists, seem to have 'back-up' energies in the outside (of their bodies). They are usually just a marionette of those energies, but living under the illusion that they are in control. Giving healing to very negative energies can cause back-lash anyway (spiritually, or physically), so one should pray for protections against such, but also protections against, and healing for any potential outside sources of negative energy support.

Other than that, I try to be assertive, and speak my truth, or just shut up (where more sensible). But I am single, no kids or such, no any family close by - so I can perhaps be somewhat more brazen. Every once in a while I get a massage client, that 'feels' psychotic and scary. Adrenalin then usually stops pumping, and makes me extra alert, but in the end have no choice but to trust that the healing energies I work with will keep them in check. Worked so far. Most do not come back, and in 9 years I only blocked 3 or so from contacting me again, as repeatedly too scary feeling....

So I fully understand your compassion for such people. I find it is illusionary to believe that all our incarnations we have never been on the perpetrator side as well. Plus if we want to experience darkness, so we can cherish Light the more - someone has to take on the role of the villain. It is just a sometimes difficult path between trying to remain unconditionally loving, but also assertive and not appear soft and a target....

Jenstone
@jenstone
last year
72 posts

Goodenergyhealing:

Jenstone: Can you explain the boundaries that you set with people, if any, and how you come to a place of not hurting or endangering yourself when you help others or extend compassion to others?

to me it is more a question of making sure that healings and protections are extensive enough, rather than setting boundaries. In my experience, especially strong negative energies, like with psychopath, or narcissists, seem to have 'back-up' energies in the outside (of their bodies). They are usually just a marionette of those energies, but living under the illusion that they are in control. Giving healing to very negative energies can cause back-lash anyway (spiritually, or physically), so one should pray for protections against such, but also protections against, and healing for any potential outside sources of negative energy support.

Other than that, I try to be assertive, and speak my truth, or just shut up (where more sensible). But I am single, no kids or such, no any family close by - so I can perhaps be somewhat more brazen. Every once in a while I get a massage client, that 'feels' psychotic and scary. Adrenalin then usually stops pumping, and makes me extra alert, but in the end have no choice but to trust that the healing energies I work with will keep them in check. Worked so far. Most do not come back, and in 9 years I only blocked 3 or so from contacting me again, as repeatedly too scary feeling....

So I fully understand your compassion for such people. I find it is illusionary to believe that all our incarnations we have never been on the perpetrator side as well. Plus if we want to experience darkness, so we can cherish Light the more - someone has to take on the role of the villain. It is just a sometimes difficult path between trying to remain unconditionally loving, but also assertive and not appear soft and a target....

Thank you. I'm fairly new to the recognition of possibly being an Empath so I don't know much about "protections" other than praying for safety, but I usually don't recognize the need for protections until I'm all immersed in it. The neat thing is that the Empath paradigm really really makes sense, even just thinking this way, that there are energies and protections etc. is so much more helpful than thinking that emotions are just chemicals inside peoples' physical bodies. Love it!

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Jenstone:

Thank you. I'm fairly new to the recognition of possibly being an Empath so I don't know much about "protections" other than praying for safety, but I usually don't recognize the need for protections until I'm all immersed in it. The neat thing is that the Empath paradigm really really makes sense, even just thinking this way, that there are energies and protections etc. is so much more helpful than thinking that emotions are just chemicals inside peoples' physical bodies. Love it!

Yeah, especially psychopath and narcissists can be hard to spot initially, energetically too! So I pray for 24/7 protections - well, as much as necessary, possible, available, and sensible! And I do not drop them for anyone, or anything - however holy they may feel or appear! (which is fine, as I ask that my protections are semi-permeable - i.e. let good energies pass unhindered, but do what's possible, to keep bad ones out. So there should not be a sense of separation with 'good folk'.

The Importance of Being Jonny
@the-importance-of-being-jonny
last year
794 posts

TigerLily: I recently met a few people who told me they get goosebumps around me everytime they see me. This came about as the topic of spirituality came about. They said that's how they knew I was highly empathetic or gifted.How do you all know?

They feel like "home" or old friends. This is something I would often talk about when I first joined six years ago. Can't believe it's been six years.

Fellow empathic people feel like old friends and until I joined this site, I've never paid attention to what that felt like and I noticed it happened with just about everyone I met here. Also, some of them feel like myself. Consciously, I know I feel a certain way. People I've met who feel exactly like me I've deduced are either empathic or very spiritual, maybe more. Has abilities inside. 

Since I moved to Eugene, OR, it's been so hard for me to differentiate between who is empathic and who is not because everyone out here feels the same whereas when I lived in NYC, people felt different from one another. So I dunno if everyone out here is an empath or not, but one thing is for sure, everyone here is very spiritual. I believe that's why I moved here. I was called here.

Jonny

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts

You all have been so helpful that I don't know where to comment first :)

Moving from NYC to Oregon.  Ok that I can totally understand.  I live in a large city, and for me I can feel all the different energies.  That sometimes I think for me that's where I get confused and can't tell as I'm just overwhelmed.  I spend alot of time at home, and if I do go out I always drink just so it can numb me.  In a suburb or small town I feel more relaxed.  It's almost people just live in a big city to find there place to fit in, versus being themselves.  Since I moved into the city it's been hard to make new friends, but for the new ones I met they live in the burbs. 

Narcs, they are really good at hiding themselves until we have developed sometime relationship.  They just know how to leach on and suck it all out of you.  Yet those are the ones that cause the most drama and fits when you want to terminate that relationship.  And almost want to destroy you.  (Ran into a few of them at work)  I feel like I'm picking up on the Narcs quicker and usually just running from them.

Incarnation.  I agree on this one as I believe in past lives we were on the other side at one point.  I've always felt there was something I did in a past life where I'm always being overlooked.  This comes from dating and work and some life experiences.  Not sure how to stop this, so I try to rely on what comes to me in dreams.  

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book