How do you ground yourself?

To post a reply, login or signup

indigovirgo
@indigovirgo
last year
23 posts

Especially when you are feeling vulnerable and somewhat out of control....

I am looking for any advice anyone may have on different ways to ground themselves. I currently use epsom salt soaks, crystals occasionally, positive self talk, time alone, and am beginning to do yoga around 3 days a week. I have found the yoga to be extremely helpful so far.

Looking for any books or ideas as to how other people ground themselves. I find it extremely challenging on a regular basis to sit in corporate meetings and high pressure situations and stay grounded.

I don't have many issues with this at home at all- but on a regular basis I find myself going into full fledged panic modes at certain meetings or social situations at work. I think some of this relates to long term trauma and repression of certain traumatic feelings that seem to come to the surface in these situations. I have been in therapy for years and it has helped.

updated by @indigovirgo: 02/27/17 08:02:29PM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I do this during meditation, connecting a cord or or light from the top of my head to the heavens. I always use white or gold color fairy dust just because that's what I choose to visualize. Then bring the energy back down though the trail of fairy or cord , though each charka and out though my feet that turns into roots that goes into the ground as deeply as I can get them. I always visualize a huge Himalayan salt rock (that's just me) and I wrap the roots around it. Then I center and protect myself. You do not have to be in meditation to connect to the earth. Dirt , grass, trees, all are connected to the earth. Finding a attractive rock and keeping it in your pocket helps. Hugging trees walking bare footed. When I'm in one of those situation and I feel like I'm being pulled in all directions in a crowd and cannot not do none of what I just mention. I imaging a fairy dust shower over my head, raining down extra protection. When I feel like I'm being approached by nagging spirits I do the same thing but I make it move around my body. I myself worry more about protection because I'm always outside doing something in nature so I stay pretty much grounded. In protection, sometimes for unknown reasons I can see white or light color colors I surround my self with walls of bricks or glass. Someone had suggested that to me on this forum and it works.
indigovirgo
@indigovirgo
last year
23 posts

Thanks Rene for those suggestions. I can relate to using a rock or stone.

I have a small stone of hematite- i believe- that I carry in my pocket sometimes when I don't feel grounded. When I rub the stone or hold it, its seems to function somewhat like a totem that helps me stay in the moment to an extent.

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

very similar to Rene, but I ask the healthy, divine energies (in Earth and otherwise) to connect to me. Earth energies through heel chakras, plus other through main chakras. plus I might check my Hara, and Kundalini.

If there is only one thing I can do, I'll focus on my heels, keep my healing and connection intend on them, and wait until I feel a stronger connection again.... I used to see two beam of Light coming up from deep in the Earth, but over time the connection seems to have gone wireless....

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

The corporate world and meetings are hard. I hope it gets better for you.

For grounding, I picture that my body is a tree and there are roots growing from the bottom of my feet into the ground. Then with each deep breath, I visualize my chi (energy) flowing from the top of my head, through my body, into the ground, and cycling back to the top of my head. It is very calming and grounding for me, and can be done either standing or sitting.

Best of luck~

Dmharvey99@yahoo.com
@dmharvey99yahoocom
last year
8 posts
I beleive you have raised two separate topics. One is grounding. The other is your feelings from the past overwhelming you. Meditation, yoga, Pilates, massage, even pinching myself ground me. Being in nature at least one hour a day really helps me balance out, but is hard to do some days.The second topic you raised regarding trauma from your past; try to find some form of therapy that resonates with you. The key for me was allowing myself to have those feelings. I had a session with Pure Soul Alchemy. She's a healer. I plan to go back to her. She does phone consults too but she's not cheap. God bless and God speed.
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I don't know exactly you mean by protection spells. But...you are a Christian, do you stop and pray at these moments? To ask Jesus to please take this feeling away from you ? And when you do, do you trust him to do so? Let me say this and I don't won't to step on any toes but anyone can pray, meditate or cast spells all day long. But for any of this to work, its the intent you put behind it and the trust you have, within you, to hand the problem to a higher source and trust that it is being taken care of.
Crystals can be used as anything you want them to be for.
I would think the "Dimond" is given and received by millions of people each years mostly to show love, truth and purity. Usually the person receiving it gets a thrill of how beautiful it is and usually raises their spirits everytime the look at it. Kind of like a spell of love has been put on them. Lol. Usually the giver hopes it has that effect on the receiver.
It's the intent you put in crystals , just like anything else that determines the out come.
I use to have the same mind set as you, I'm a child of God and I don't won't to go against his Word. So I don't. I ask him to bless my meditation , he delivers me from evil and his angels protect me and guide me.
It's true, I am spiritual , but God has given me the gift of decrement.
He has also given us the earth to ground ourselves.
Jesus is the greatest Empath of all and a very powerful one. He casted out demons and taught his followers to do the same.
It's the intent and the trust is the key. Ask him to protect you.
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

As Rene said - you can ask/ pray that stuff is taken off you, and or you can ground them off into healthy Divine Earth energies (to be dealt with there). You do not have to visualize, you just have to somehow make your wishes/intend be heard. Visualization is just one tool there. So you can just say something like 'Perfect Grounding on. Thank you. Amen' (at some point you will have told Divine Earth energies that perfect grounding for you means that they please help pull out negative and stale energies, and give you fresh energies up. ). You can ask for 24/7 grounding/ as long as you are at work/ sleeping/ 10min/ whatever you like. I leave it up to them, and if I need a refresh of the connection, I just quickly concentrate on my heels, or one could say something like 'Grounding refresh. Thank You. Amen'.

Some Christians have problems with grounding into Earth, perhaps afraid they'll end up in a hell? I used to fear that, but those fears are gone (after praying that unsubstantiated fears be taken off me). I obviously would not ask anyone to just take my word for that though. Back then I prayed for grounding alternatives (should there be evil in Earth, or I overburden her with my crap energies), through some holy planets somewhere, if need be :))

As for protection spells - you can ask/pray though that you are protected against undue negative energies. Some e.g. visualize (or simply ask for!) a divine healing and protecting bubble of Light around them. It is a bit like firemen wearing protective gear, they'll still feel the heat, but they are protected against some of it's potential damage... Such a bubble of Light would help cleanse your energies (one breathes in Light and exhales negative and stake energies (to be taken away by the Light)), and somewhat protects them. Some enforce the bubble skin with mirrors, plexi-glas, bullet proof fabric or whatever.... Or again you can just leave the mode of protection to your guides...

(and with all my visualizations I always allow the Divine to modify them as need be!)

Mind you sometimes I encounter situations where all the right tools do not seem to work still too. Nothing really feels like it is shifting. But in the end everything shifts if I keep my faith, some energetic obstacles simply seem quite complex and need time to be dismantled safely! In such situations I just try my best to get on with things, and ride them out....

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts
I struggle with this as well and work in a corporate environment. Meetings especially are the worse for me if I have to present. I thought this was a social anxiety thing, but my therapist tells me to not lock eyes with anyone. Well, as you know that's kind of how we have to engage with the audience we are presenting to. I'll feel fine all weekend and then I go into work and it's like the inside of me is trembling. Alot of people in my office are negative and stressed, those Fridays before a holiday weekend are the best as half is out.After a day of work I just run out of there and can't wait to get home and isolate myself. I tried the gym and outdoor activities as a release and that doesn't help me unless there is minimal people.When I isolate myself in my own bubble, that is when I do the best, but yet feel I'm missing out on everything around me. I tend to not notice anything and become oblivious to my surroundings. I live in a big city for years but can never remember where I'm going. So here I have to create my bubble and turn on GPS, otherwise I get overwhelmed, lost, and confused.Crystals helped to an extent until I realized I was in a bubble. I think I just need bigger ones, but then my purse would be heavy :)
Peter
@peter
last year
18 posts

I retired form corporate meetings years ago. I feel your pain there.

My fix was simple. I set a separate goal for myself instead of joining the "group psyche" found in corporate meetings. Its a job, its not your life, its a tool to let you move to a higher plane.

Trust me when I say no one will remember you 3 months after you leave that world, they will all be still riding that train to pain in search of financial gain.

Refocus on the positives in your world and put the work issues and hurts on a shelf, work with them for 8 hours a day then put them away and go hug those entities whom you "do" love.

Its just another shield you need to build.

Peace.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book