Does anyone else get treated the same?

To post a reply, login or signup

Kimberly7887
@kimberly7887
last year
16 posts
I know for a fact I'm a sensitive person. But my family constantly blames my moods on me being bipolar. I tried telling them I know when it's the bipolar and when it's not. But they don't seem to believe me. Does anyone else have family blaming their diagnose for how they are feeling and acting?
updated by @kimberly7887: 01/11/17 02:57:20AM
Carol3
@carol3
last year
3 posts

I suffer from anxiety and actually do have borderline personality disorder (or so I've been diagnosed) but they don't tell me that. They just tell me I'm acting emotional or being too sensitive when I know it is just my being an empath. All I can do is ignore them and just keep it to myself really. It feels easier to me that way.

Sorry you're having to deal with that *hugs for support*

Kimberly7887
@kimberly7887
last year
16 posts
Thank you for your reply. I'm glad to know I'm not alone but it makes me sad as well. I feel family is suppose to be there for you when you need them. But when they make comments like that, to me it's not very supportive, and just makes me feel more alone sometimes. Once again thank you and I'm sending good vibes your way.
seanw4202
@seanw4202
last year
54 posts

I I went through the same thing my whole life only until realizing myself that the bipolar mood swings we're not my own it became very easy for me almost instantly to ignore or not act on such mood swings these mood swings are a gift and until you learn to use them as such they will be a curse to you and everybody around you when you start to feel like that remove yourself from the area step outside to put headphones on and listen to your favorite song write down a personal reminder for yourself and read it again there are Outlets for you to ground yourself and channel this energy effectively if you can figure out where it's coming from you may be able to help that person intern making yourself feel better them feel better and others feel better all at once... this is where it is a gift and not a curse if you choose to be moody and act on the mood swings, then the curse prevails it's all in your head it's all a mindset Free Yourself meditate and relax it gets better if you accept it

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
Hi...I was diagnosed with an unknown psychosis a few years back...I believed for the longest time that I was mentally ill...but really after I researched all the things I was going thru decided it was all false....I hear spirit...which was the gift opening up at that time that got me into trouble...you mention hearing voices and bam ...into the loony bin...lol...my family while supportive were not exactly supportive...they're not open minded to other possibilities so I quit trying to dig myself out of trouble and let em be...I looked up all the medical terms and explanations as to what I was told I had...then compared what I had to the psychic gifts...which resembled channelling and talking to spirit...not just hearing voices or being schizophrenic ....lol...i'my learning about my gift and what my brain is actually doing....bi polar sounds more like empaths picking up moods from elsewhere to me ..my moods change to when I enter places or am in the company of people...your picking up the emotions under the facade ...so your mood changes accordingly...that's my view...lol...I no longer care for the medical terms...for me they're an insult and a lie...and the diagnosis of an unknown psychoses told me they had no idea what they were talking about...as I didn't fit into any medical catagory they could pin point...in my mind i was schitzophecic and bipolar when I read all about those things...yet they thot I wasn't. ..talk about confusing. ...lol
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
Also...I had to withdraw from my family for a time. ..completely...was the best thing because I could just be without the judgement and constant feeling of 'being mentally ill'...being around people in that mindset can definitely have an impact on peoples recovery...plus picking up on all their emotions was overloading my circuits. ..take care of yourself 1st at this point...do what's necessary for you to recover your self-confidence so you can over come the label placed on your. ..for me that was the issue...the label...
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
last year
151 posts

My family says I'm oversensitive and bipolar too lol xD its horrible but how can we expect them to understand when it's exhausting to go out into the world everyday and pick up everyone's emotions. At points it's legitamately like those scenes in superhero movies where you HAVE to get away from everyone because it's just too much. But yes I do definitely relate to what you're going through..

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book