Why do I attract crazy? Do you?

To post a reply, login or signup

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
308 posts
I feel like I keep attracting people who need help, mentally unstable etc. That when I meet "normal" they carry on in life. This is becoming difficult to make new friends or even a partner in life.I'd like to hear your experiences, thoughts, suggestions, etc.
updated by @tigerlily: 03/15/17 04:41:26PM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
last year
867 posts

What do you mean by this "That when I meet "normal" they carry on in life."

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

hard to attract anyone with good friend potential in London....

But generally I ask that the Divine helps all those that might come to me seeking help, but for whom I might not have the skills, time or energy to help myself directly. Plus if you have problems setting boundaries you can always ask for help with that too! I used to feel guilty if I did not answer each any every help request myself, until I understood that the Divine always has several back-up plans. So if I do not have enough time or energy to help, they find alternative ways to action any help required!

I think for myself it is also important to know that I do my share of helping. I am lucky enough, that I work as a healer and masseur, so I tick some boxes here through my regular work. That way when I do take time out for myself I can relax better. So for anyone perhaps feeling that they don't do enough healing work with their job, looking after a family, or else - perhaps they can think about setting some dedicated time aside to do healing work that satisfies them? Be that e,g. volunteering in a soup kitchen, volunteering in an animal shelter, dedicating meditation time to healing goals, sending distant healing, writing self-help blogs, etc. etc.... And often it is actually about just looking at ones life more closely and remembering all the good work we already do - to keep the 'I am not helping enough' guilt-demons at bay ;)

Carol3
@carol3
last year
3 posts

Dude yea I seem to attract the crazy as you say. People seem to meet me and feel the need to unload their problems on me which gets really stressful. I basically have days where I shut my phone off and stay off the computer to recharge otherwise I would be overwhelmed too much.

I haven't really learned how to block it or deal with it either.

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
308 posts
What's worse is when you set a clear boundary with these people, they still over step it. And when you call them out, they get pissed at me. I'm just tired of it.My job all day consists of fixing issues and helping people. Maybe I should have been a therapist, and get paid to help people like this. :)
Bookworm
@bookworm
last year
85 posts
I enjoy reading your answers Goodenergyhealing!Also, I am based in London and always happy to make new friends (can't give any guarantees about being 'normal' though!) :)
Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
last year
82 posts

It seems to go with the territory, attracting the crazy. The main usefulness of this repeat experience is it has taught me to learn about and maintain personal (as well as energetic) boundaries. But it's a repeat experience, hence a repeat lesson. Very tiring...

It's great you can set a boundary! I didn't have any, had to learn from scratch. But it is more about learning your own internal boundaries, I think. Solidifying the right to have them has taken me years of work and relearning by bitter experience what happens when I don't take my own needs seriously.

Personality disordered types see any boundary as a challenge. I have learnt to sidestep them. You lose too much energy trying to get them to see reason and behave decently and accordingly.

Fiddlehead
@fiddlehead
last year
17 posts
I now what you mean! Some people will even want to tell me things that I feel is much too personal to them and I feel strange ...I feel like I'm standing in for their trusty old bartender friend without the alcohol to serve! It really makes my brain tired and I just want to tell them that I don't care...but I haven't the heart...I just keep listening! Lol
PiscesMoonGirl
@piscesmoongirl
last year
1 posts
Crazy follows me, what did I do in my past life?
h1234
@h1234
last year
49 posts

Tigerlilly-just wrote a very similar blog on why do i attract the suffering, it appears i can't help myself meddling into others lives. Trying to set boundaries is hard, also my 'disorder' friends know how to pile on the pressure, for example when i tell a friend '' I'm too unwell to attend an event-shed says see how you feel later, then she says it will be good for you, when I've explained I've been sick:) i think this is where boundaries must be put in place.

I think being an empath, we thrive on healing and helping to detriment of our own needs then we piss others off, if we are blunt!!

Its like my bipolar male friend keeps telling me he wants a wife, he's lonely and likes kissing me, but i want the promise of a husband , and kids not just casual friendship kissing, its like i can't meet men to meet my needs!

cherirnhealer
@cherirnhealer
last year
2 posts

You are not alone. I too have been attracting mentally unstable people to me all my life. People who pour out their life story to me after just becoming acquainted. It is overwhelming and exhausting to me. I don't have any answers. Best to bless those people then quickly let them go. I empathize with you . I used to wonder why. Do we empaths wear an invisible sign tat attracts those people to us so they atomatically trust us and dump all their stuff on us?

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
308 posts

Maybe we were all born to be "true" therapists. Ones who actually listen and help people through their daily problems. Versus just a therapist who thinks everyone needs to go on medication!

A friend of mine at work said I'm just very easy to talk to you and can just see it in me. Maybe that is a trait we all have. I've set boundaries with people, and they just ignore them, then I get upset because they over step that boundary and im a bad person.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
Yes, I have always attracted unstable people also. For the most part they either really like me or in some cases they will have major problems with me. For instance, a couple of times coworkers (two different times, they didn't work with me at the same time) would "zero in on me" and try everything in their power to get me in trouble or fired. I would go out of my way to avoid conflict with them but they would draw to me like moths to a flame. I even took one of them aside in private to ask what I could have done to them for the hatred they had for me...she just replied "You know what you did." To this day I still am not sure what set her off. Same with the others...just pure hatred. I pretty much am pleasant and friendly, so I'm not sure what sets these people off.
TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
308 posts
You probably did nothing wrong but intimidate her. I have coworkers like that, and the feelings are intimadating by me.
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
True, tigerlily
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Unfortunately...but I have come to realize, no one is stable. It's just, we as Empaths, get to hear all about everyone's life. It seems that Empaths, after absorbing everyones crazy-drama energy should be the crazy ones but that's not true. We are actually very strong beings if we take care of our selves spiritually and mentally. It seems Empaths fights our battles within ourselves where the "normal/crazy people" fight theirs on the outside and way to often. And if they are having a good day they find something wrong. Idk. Just my own analysis.
cherirnhealer
@cherirnhealer
last year
2 posts

I had a similar experience with someone I worked with, It was nothing that you did anymore tan I did to the woman I worked with. But it's hard to work like that. I had similar experiences with a woman I worked with. She was nuts an really scared me. I was friendly with. I feel with you. Hang in there.

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
308 posts

Rene, so true!!! I've met so many people like that! It's like they can't handle rejection.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I know. I don't mind rejection, I need my "me" time. Lol.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book