Empathic sensitivity to earth locations and their energies.

To post a reply, login or signup

Fiddlehead
@fiddlehead
last year
17 posts

I realize this sounds a bit weird, but are we empaths usually more sensitive to earth energies weather positive or negative? Even in my home or workplace It's a big part of how I ground myself...I'm trying to understand why and maybe I'm not the only empath this sensitive to ( mostly positive) earth energy. For example...some very remote places with interesting geography and geology such as deserts,coastal regions,oceans,Mountain regions, and for me especially forested areas...I get the most fantastically positive energies from the regions of the "Subarctic boreal forest" regions of Alaska and Canada..don't know why!
It's as if these places call to my subconscious mind and gives me energy in a very positive and almost primeval way like...."I'm here and ancient and I'm almost unpopulated with people and you can come if you'd like!" I know this sounds bizarre but maybe this empath phenomena has an actual name? Also for some reason Minnesota,New Mexico,Michigan,Maine,Alaska and Oregon have all been on my mind lately as if I'm supposed to go to those places but why?
There is also a few places not far from where I live ( Here in Alabama) that have the most positive energies, and if I just go to these place and "soak" it all in it's almost like I'm recharging my batteries...it can be medicinal even! There has to be some some kind of mutual energy exchange that this living planet is sharing with a few of us empaths that others just don't get..because I know people who would laugh and look at me as if I'm from Mars or something but maybe because they lack the empathy? Also this clearly seems hereditary as I've observed this from my family on both sides....most of us seem to have a strong sense of belonging to this world in a special way. I know it sounds all like something out of Star Wars ( The Force) but it is too strong for me to not notice! lol

Tell me what you guys and girls think and I'd love to hear your earth energy experiences! :)

updated by @fiddlehead: 06/06/17 01:53:17AM
Fiddlehead
@fiddlehead
last year
17 posts

Hmm? Interesting how no one responded yet. But I am sure someone on here knows or shares what I'm talking about? lol

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts
I've had a few experiences where I've gone and just felt amazing positive energy. Sometimes it gets crazy where I have to go to that place now. I thought maybe it had something to do with past life, or just that there may be a connection or person there I'm supposed to meet.
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Howdy neighbor, lol. I live in Georgia. And no, you are not alone. I'm drawn to the woodlands also. Very much so. Even though I haven't traveled far beyond my state (only surrounding states) I feel my heart is some where in Washington state and I don't know why I'm drawn to that place. I think it's the trees. I'm a tree lover and hugger. I love old oak trees with their huge limbs. I spend a lot of time sitting under them. I think I should of been a deer even though my totem animal is the owl. I understand the pull you feel to the woods. I have it also. Even though it's a place without people, it's so alive with life , life of the present and the past. I am also fascinated with swamps even though we only have small ones in our parts but the bayous of the southern states seem very...I guess you would say magical (lost for words) to me.
pebble
@pebble
last year
21 posts

Hello,

I certainly get this; both negative and positive.

Sadly in the Uk most of our land scape is manmade so finding (relatively)untouched nature can be difficult but where it exists it is a very powerful positive energy and those are the places I like to recharge.

Some places have such negative energy they give me the creeps. The most obvious example for me is Salisbury Plain, a genuinely horrible place full of ancient burials and modern military. Probably doesn't help that Stonehenge has been abused and disrespected; I feel that its purpose was to siphon off the negativity.

On a smaller scale looking for houses with me can be awful (apparently) as I will just completely dismiss some places as soon as I walk in the door and sense the energy there!

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

I love nature. The more rural and rustic, the better. I recharge in the woods. I also feel different based on the positioning of the Earth, moon, stars, and planets. I also can feel where the Earth's electromagnetic ley lines are. Being an empath, we are more sensitive, not only to people but also to our environment :)

Bookworm
@bookworm
last year
85 posts
I feel a particular attraction to trees also. I love being out in nature generally, but bodies of water and trees I feel an especially close connection to - it is nice to know there are others out there who feel the same and don't just think I'm a hippy nutter haha :)Willow trees especially - so beautiful and majestic. I really feel at peace near trees, even thinking about it is making me smile!
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I love everything about nature. I love willows also...my best friends name is Willow. .. My 6 year old boxer. Lol.
Fiddlehead
@fiddlehead
last year
17 posts
Wow! That's an absolutely beautiful picture TD! The state of Oregon is truly blessed to have such relaxing settings as this..gotta make a visit one of these days! :)
Fiddlehead
@fiddlehead
last year
17 posts
Howdy neighbor! :)Georgia is right next to my home state of Alabama so I feel like It's my next home state away from Bama! LolNorth Georgia gives me a very good vibe...love the mountains in fall colors..so inspiring and relaxing! I could see myself living in a nice cabin in the woods quite easily...of course I'd invite all my friends an family so I wouldn't be such a recluse! LolWashington state always sends me good vibes...love the Native American cultures and the beautiful art they produce..woodcraft.
Fiddlehead
@fiddlehead
last year
17 posts
Happy this thread made you smile! :)
And it's no coincidence that my favorite color is green! Lol
Also I feel have a deep connection to wildflowers,insects and also bodies of water as you mentioned. There also is nothing like watching the stars in the sky above the trees...it's magical!
Fiddlehead
@fiddlehead
last year
17 posts
I actually feel deeply connected energy and genetically wise to the Britsh Isles even though I've never been there.I have known ancestries from Southeast England as well as Cornwall and also Scotland...that's where I think I got my red beard! LolSo it's something I feel in my blood. The English countryside seems like place that would have positive energies...I think whoever placed all those stone circles throughout the isles knew or felt something special about those spots...but I can see how ancient places can make us creeped out..even some like ancient burials can make us depressed! Lol
Fiddlehead
@fiddlehead
last year
17 posts
Yeah I just think I was built for the forest and the trees always seem to remind me that they are important energy providers as well...one short walk in the woods really is like nourishment for my body and mind. If I had to live in the urban city jungle I would notice effects on my energy...even my skin doesn't look as healthy...I've noticed I get pimples on my forehead! Lol
This is of course due to stress and bad eating habits in the city I suppose..I lived in Cleveland, Ohio for 2 years and noticed these changes...my only recharge was walks along the shores of beautiful Lake Erie. No I'm back home in a slightly more wooded area of Alabama...life is good here! :)
Fiddlehead
@fiddlehead
last year
17 posts
Your welcome Franny ! :) I feel the same about trees and remember climbing them just to sit and wonder...get a nice view from above. The ocean?...there is nothing quite like it...I can stare out at it for hours and never get bored! My mind ponders how deep and vast it really is and the smell of the salty ocean air make me feel more alive! As a child I always envied people that lived closer to the ocean...I have to drive about 300 miles to see it from where I live! Lol :(
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I live in northwest ga just right across the alabama line.
Bookworm
@bookworm
last year
85 posts
Ah I couldn't see this reply before ReneWillow is an excellent name for a woman's best friend too! HeheI feel strangely very happy about the fact that I am not the only one who loves trees! :DAnd you're so right Fiddle head, watching the stars in the sky... <3 brings me a lot of joy!
pndrake
@pndrake
last year
2 posts

Happy to see this post! I've wondered the same thing for quite sometime. I'm very drawn to remote areas near oceans, lakes and forests. It's as if they are recharging my batteries. Surrounded by nature and the positive energy is the best medicine! In a pinch, just walking barefoot in the grass will help ground me. But, getting into nature and hugging the trees is a requirement. :-)

I currently live in OK and t just seems like there is a heaviness over our state. I immediately feel better when I leave, especially when crossing the Red River going into TX. It's very weird! It's feels like he heaviness just lifts and everything feels lighter.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book