Pretending to not be an Empath

To post a reply, login or signup

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts
I feel so much like Im pretending to besomeone who isnt an empath all the time, like I hold myself to thesame standards as those who arent empaths, if that makes sense. I dont know what to do. I know Im an empath, but Im all over the place. Right now Im an emotional messtoo many crazy emotions happening at once, but Im too tired to cry.

It may sound like a dumb question, but how can I remember that Im an empath every day? I lose sight of it so easily, especially in social settings, and then I get upset with myself for not being able to be like non-empaths (e.g. brushing things off, not caring about quality of conversation...etc.).

Saying social settings are overwhelming is an understatement. And I dont know how much more mynervous system can take

Oh yeah, I think one of the biggest reasons why I lose sight of being an empath is that of having my mind work in feelings so much more than thoughts. If I could have more solidthoughts (rather than emotions and/or images) in my mind, maybe that would help. Any advice on this?

Oh & I don't know if anyone else has this issue, either, but it's hard:

Being able to sense others' feelings gives me the impression that they're more like me than they probably are. I guess it makes them seem more emotional than they are, and then everyone seems like an empath (only with tons more emotional control, success, and peace--at which point I get jealous lol). I don't know how to fight against this, either. It's hard to remember how different I am.

Thank you somuch for all your help, and for being who you are. Just knowing that there are other empaths out there is an inexplicably sweet feeling for me, especially when I feel misunderstood by so many people in my life... :)

updated by @kit-kat: 01/11/17 07:19:35PM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
Hi Kit Kat....I know EXACTLY what you mean...being in a large group of people gets on my nerves after awhile and is so loud...people are so unaware of everything i'm picking up that I always...at some point...say...HOW ON EARTH CAN NO ONE HERE GET ALL THIS?...lol...the energy we emit as an individual is intense but as a group it's horrible...lol...one thing I do is give myself a time limit...say a couple hours tops before I head for the door....but if it gets really bad I just leave no matter what...one thing I did do for a while...and still do...is completely withdraw until my senses calm down...at my worst time everything was loud and it hurt to be with people...I need long perods of being without all that energy in order to keep my system from overloading...now it's much more bearable but I still need to take time to recover...I work with the public driving a bus...so my senses get overloaded so quickly...I personally don't see how you can forget your an empath..lol...the loudness reminds me all the time...lol...just slow down and do the things needed to keep your system from overloading...take the time for yourself to ground and calm yourself...that's the most important thing for an empath...
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Thanks for your reply Karen! :) I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this way about social settings.. It feels like I see and feel everything, and yet I'm missing the big picture somehow.

Wow, that must be hard to be bus driver.. Very loud! I guess loudness sometimes reminds me that I'm an empath, but the most challenging social setting for me every week is church, which is relatively quiet.

That's good advice to withdraw; sometimes I even forget I have that option :/ haha And taking things more slowly I think might help, too.

WindWolf
@windwolf
last year
117 posts
I find myself in a similar situation a lot. Pretending to be "normal". So I found a way to leave myself clues to remind me of who I am. My silver rings, Mala beads, certain places I make it a point to visit, and when meeting new people I try to mentally prepare myself for their life story, the way animals react to me. All these things remind me of who I am. It doesn't stop me from being overloaded but helps me remember why. Even my sensitivity to light reinforces what I am. Just leave yourself clues to who you are
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Thanks, I really like what you said about leaving clues :) You gave me some great ideas... Maybe I can put something in my purse or wear something to remind me. It gets to be so hard sometimes.

seanw4202
@seanw4202
last year
54 posts

Ill be honest I can't forget, I am so happy knowing this is who I am I have dedicated my life to selflessness, I have always felt as if i was watching my life through eyes that weren't my own, like a show, and always felt I was waiting for something. Once I found out what I was my brain re-programmed, I see all people, the good the bad the positive the negative, and I can change the energy of any room, any person, always could, and now I know why and how, I live this life every day because I know it is my path to lead others to the kingdom of heaven, which is truly just a condition of the heart. Maybe my disbelief in you forgetting will be enough to make you remember lol. I'll also start projecting reminders every morning, who knows maybe you'll pick up on one. I set no expectations for myself, I simply believe I am here to change the world, and I can do it all from my consciousness. It isn't hard, just remind others how to love and carry positive energy in abundance, here is a tip, BELIEVE you have energy for the draining effects and you will. Believe they aren't as draining as you think and the won't be. Projecting works but you have to get out of your head to do it. You have to want it for the right reasons, do it for love, do it for peace, do it for everyone but yourself, because you don't need it, we are here to share, heal, and lead people to inner peace and a new age of consciousness. Don't forget you have a mission whether you signed up or not.

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Thank you for the advice! Belief really is powerful.. My awakening was a lot like how you described yours, so I'm not sure why it wasn't enough to keep me seeing myself as an empath all the time. I'm starting to think this is a more unique problem than I thought :)

But yeah, believing that I have a "mission" as an empath has always inspired me and helped me to recognize my abilities as gifts. Thanks for the projected reminders :) That's so sweet of you!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book