Hi from the UK!

To post a reply, login or signup

Whity84
@whity84
last year
5 posts

Hi all,

Im new so thought id say a hello to everyone and introduce myself. Im Paul, 32 years oldand I live in the North East of England (UK) and onlya couple of weeks ago discovered im an Empath. All of a sudden memories from as long ago as being a small child started flooding through my head which suddenly all made sense. I always knew I was different but I just couldn't pin point why and assumed everyone was like this and just dealt with the world better than I did. I was never great at meeting people in the dating/relationship world and when I was 26 had a rebound relationship. I felt such a strong connection to her but in hindsight I guess the feeling was from the hurting she was feeling inside. Anyway it didn't work out and it destroyed me and I suffered from depression for a few years, again in hindsight I may have taken that on from her. Ever since I now noticed iv just had short relationships with narcissists the most recent being in Feb this year which I took very slow and I think dodged a bullet when she went off with another guy I guess someone more of a push over and with more money/status etc. Anyway, after that I couldn't get my head how I felt (which at the time I didn't understand but had learnt to trust) that she felt in her heart feeling for me and yet went cold and disappeared.To understand this and search for answersI searched psychology articles and information looking a ego which eventually lead me to narcissist and discovering she was well and truly one of them. In these articles I kept coming across the term "Empath" which eventually I looked up and BINGO my life finally made sense. Im happy I have this gift and found out I have it as I can now understand and start to learn how best I can use it, although I already know myself rather well and understand what my general strengths are.

This created a questions to me, how long did it take everyone to finally come to the knowledge they are an Empath??

And also im clearly not great at relationship which I now know is because of the Narcs I always attract, the question is, do you ever meet others which are not narcs that give that same strong feeling of a connection. Its such a great feeling but if its just due to their internal hurt and my internal wanting to "fix" them then I need to stop looking for that feeling and try a new technique to find someone meaningful in my life?

updated by @whity84: 01/10/17 07:08:12PM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
Hi...welcome...I always knew about energy...if's some thing that was always expressed in my mind when I encountered ppl...i'd meet someone and i'd think to myself....your energy is all off...or something is not right with you...but I never had a name to call it. ..like you as soon as I read about empath and what it actually was it clicked. ..most of us I think know something is different about us but couldn't put a word to....it's pretty much an instant realization once you have the name to call it....and not some terminal illness or mental illness that i've been inflicted with...lol...the relationship thing is different for everyone...I myself am so sensitive to energy that I have a difficult time being with ppl for a long period of time...I don't know how i'm gonna have one if I can't be around the guy....lol...
Whity84
@whity84
last year
5 posts

Yes the relationship bit is also a battle I feel and when I meet a woman I either know straight away I don't feel anything or like them that it will go anywhere but then I think am I just not giving it a chance? Could I be wrong? etc... I even hate the idea of going on a date as they seem to so draining to me. Then that just leaves me ending up with narcissists which we all know is a bad situation to be be in but at least im aware of them now and how the attraction works to keep an eye out for the toxic signs. I really want to find someone to be with but I even notice I never sleep when there is some next to me in bed etc which I had read is an issue for Empaths. The work is certainly cut out for us with finding the right person but I have no intention of giving up as I believe we are all here to find that special someone.

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

took me about 15 years to work out I am an empath. Finding articles about it and the term 'empath' happened after I had self-diagnosed myself and clair-sentient. Think the term is rather new? Well at least none of the esoteric books I read in the 90's and beginning 2000s ever mentioned it....

As for relationships - in the same boat. If anything comes my way - it frequently is narcs, but am rather happy being single, so not desperate...

Good luck for your journey and congrats for having found out about yourself!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book