Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

Hi Jessie,

I'm sending you a lot of love right now. I was in a very similar situation just a few months ago. My mom pushed me out of her house with her comments. I am now, on my own, finally healing and forgiving her properly; whereas, in her home, it would have been impossible (like the old saying, "too close to home").

I believe that if both family members are not receptive to healing on the same level, it can be fruitless (and possibly, as in my case, harmful) to try, unfortunately.

Because someone can't change (or influence) another if they're not ready, I personally think the best way for someone to heal from old wounds is on their own or with the help of others who are on the same path and/or a professional (e.g. therapist, counselor).

The good news is, once the person heals, they can inspire and help the other person to heal as well (if and only if they are ready, of course). Otherwise, no healing occurs for either person.

So I honestly believe it would be best if you were to venture on your own (if possible) and do your own healing in a safer environment that is not so triggering.

I wish you the utmost best in your quest and please know that it is possible :)

Kindest blessings~

Lotusfly

Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

I'm so happy to hear that you found my suggestion helpful, Jessie. I wish you much love and light on your healing journey! :) <3

4peace
@4peace
2 years ago
187 posts

Jessie,

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I too have had problems with my mother. I moved my family 8 hours away. A bit too far, but I love where I live.

Abuse is not just physical, it can also be emotional. It helped me to recognize that she is sick. I spent years just crushed because I could see and feel the love that other mothers had for their daughters, and I do not get that from my mother. It hurts. But now I realize that this is just my path, that it is part of the reason I am like I am today. I might not be as empathetic towards others as much if I had not experienced (still experiences) what I did/am. My grandmother also told me some things about her like she was always sick and would faint for no reason. My mom now has cancer, she had a port put in her neck for chemo - and she told me she was worried about it because it was something she could not push away. Then I realized how uncomfortable she is with receiving and giving love. Look for clues on how to deal with you mom, ask for clues to help. Wear black tourmaline or another stone that gets rid of negative energy (I LOVE black tourmaline for this!) I have also made a grid for my mom to help with healing, but added a lot of rose quartz in addition to the sugilite to help with giving and receiving love.

Once again I'm so sorry you are going through this and hope that you get some info from somewhere that helps. Very difficult situation when you have to live with her. Work on keeping yourself healthy or healing yourself.

Much peace,

4peace

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book