People who you can't read

To post a reply, login or signup

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
last year
151 posts

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've gotten back on but lately but I've had something on my mind and I was hoping if I could come to more experienced Empaths or Empaths with different experiences to get an answer. (Sorry about this one, it's gonna be a little bit lengthy, but hopefully interesting! ;D)

I'm in college and I had a friend who I met my last year of High School. I never talked to the group of people that he hung out with but for some reason he and I became decent friends and he always treated me like he treated his other close friends, but I could never be myself around him for some reason. He's a great guy, but I always felt almost helpless and powerless around him, but everything seemed fine. I was never able to really read him and be able to understand how he "works" as a individual, like he would talk and act one way around his normal group of friends, but then when he and I would have a class together and talk and things he would seem slightly different... We never really had a great discussion or in any way (in my opinion) bonded, because I just couldn't be myself around him I didn't understand why, but he would act like we were great buddies (I didn't mind and I would love to actually be good friends with him, but I don't understand why he acted like we were that close when we didn't even talk much). I remember one day he was really upset about something and it was one of the strongest emotions I have gotten from another person, it was so weird. I've never ever felt someone's anger that strongly. It was honestly stronger than what I even allow for myself so I was literally cringing from sitting next to him and I got sweaty, my eyes were watering, I was literally shaking... it was a mess lol. And when he listened to music I could feel him get less angry with certain songs and more angry with others. It was a bizarre connection. While he was angry he was short with everyone else he talked to but when he talked to me he seemed really happy almost and he would lose a tremendous amount of his emotion, but it would comeback, not as strong, but it was still there. I remember I asked him what was wrong and he just told me it meant a lot that I cared but never actually told me what the matter was. Away from that experience I later heard that he would talk about how great of a person I was to his friends (very very often from what I understand), and when we graduated he cheered for me louder than literally anyone else in the gym who was cheering for me (Again, we're closer to just two friendly people than we are best friends who scream for each other walking across a stage).

Beyond personal experiences I had with him, I would sometimes check to see how he would act around other people and he would almost exclude himself. He would sit on his phone or sit away from other people in his group, and I knew he had troubles fitting in (his friends liked him, but he wasn't as close as he wanted to be to his friends). I felt horrible because I could see some of his insecurities, but I know that there's something much much bigger going on. I'm upset because it's been on my mind A LOT lately for a reason that I don't know and now that I have a better handle on being an Empath I could definitely really get to know him and be better friends with him and help him with whatever is going on.

It's just weird to me the connection that I had to him and his emotions, yet I couldn't read him or understand him for anything, and that's something I can do with almost anyone else. I need advice on how I should go about talking to him. It seems dangerous to me to be involved with someone you connect to that well... I'm definitely not experienced enough to know what I'm doing. Any Advice/ Stories, or just share anything that comes to mind when you read this post please!

As always, Thank you!

updated by @loconnoro: 01/14/17 01:42:37AM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
He sounds like a real private person. He keeps his emotions to himself but you being an Empath, you energy felt so soothing to him it was healing to him and you didn't realize you was helping that much. I bet if you and him sit together and never a word exchanged, he would still feel your love. He connect to you even though you didn't feel the connection or it was a connection you wasn't use to feeling. I know the personality your describing. The kind of person that looks across a crowd of friends but never really makes a lot of eye contact with anyone. They usually have some kind of painful pass that no one knows about and some trust issues. They are great people but are cautious about who they let in their head. What ever the reason your journey led you to him, you did what you was sent to do. Heal. And he will never forget you. I would contact him but I wouldn't be too pushy. If he needs to talk, he will open up but just feeling your energy once again will brighten his day and make him smile.
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
last year
151 posts

Thank you that really seems to describe him very well, and it's nice to know that I'm actually helping him by just being there if he needs me. Thank you!

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
HI. ..just be careful on this one...not being able to read someone tends to throw up red flags for me....no one ever feels good around angry ppl...but it your already afraid while he's angry that's also a red flag....I have a friend who has a very deep voice and no control over his tone or anger so it hits my chest hard.....I don't think he'd ever hit me...but the intensity sais something else...so I tend to walk softly around ppl like that until i'm absolutely sure I can trust him/her....mind u i've been abused so that's my hyper sensitivity on that issue...lol...just be careful....
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
last year
151 posts

I totally get being sensitive on the issue, and thank you for the pointers! He was only angry once in the entire time I've ever known him and he would never hurt someone (He jokes about having to fight someone if they messed with him but he never has actually hurt someone). Thank you for your comment!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book