Negative energy

To post a reply, login or signup

Fiddlehead
@fiddlehead
last year
17 posts
Hi I am a new member here ! :)I have a friend at my job who has a very negative energy about him and is alway telling me how tired and bad he feels everyday and how he wants to quit the job ( it's more just talk..he's been there about 10 years). He just recently got on some medication for stress but it never stops his negativity and he is always feeling sick..seems very depressed.It is starting to take it's toll on me also because I feel as if his negative energy drains mine...or is offloaded on me.The funny thing is that every time he tells me how bad,tired of sick he feels...he wants to see my reaction and that gets tiring...I always feel that if I don't respond in a similar negative manner he will think I'm not apathetic or care.What is the best way I can handle this situation to conserve my energy but also give him some positive energy? I have tried to act like my mind is busy and don't look at him,but all it takes is one negative statement by him and it seems to break the experiment I started. Any advice would be appreciated! :)
updated by @fiddlehead: 01/22/17 11:48:40AM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
last year
867 posts

I would recommend sending him calming & positive thoughts.

You can also try using crystal & cleansing, shielding & grounding your personal energy.

Best wishes.

Tundra2
@tundra2
last year
57 posts

Sorry to hear you have this negative person at your job. I had to share my office with a lady that has a huge cloud of negative energy around her. It was terrible, so drained me. I put on my desk small containers of sea salt and black salt, and one with some crystals ( quartz and amber and rose quartz). Acting busy was good for avoiding conversation. What also helped was telling myself, you are there, and I am here, with a wall between. Current status, she transferred to another office.

Fiddlehead
@fiddlehead
last year
17 posts
I'll try this and thank you so much! :)
Ekkostar
@ekkostar
last year
4 posts

Hi Fiddlehead, and greetings and salutations to my Empaths friends!

It's been awhile since I've been here, but this is one discussion that drew me in, and I am going to add my two cents worth, if you don't mind. My experience with negative-nelly's has taught me to realize that some people who are constantly complaining, ( not all mind you)

don't want to change. I myself call them, Energy Vampires! I have an older sister who has been like this her whole life! And I totally relate, pertaining to being drained, when in the company of those who spew out negative comments, ect... Conversing with the Negative-nelly's, is especially draining when, regardless if you're talking about everything uplifting and inspiring affirmations! Sadly, she's not the only one I have in my family that I consider Energy Vampires... I must leave the room after a while and go somewhere, ALONE, and charge my battery.

Bottom line is that the Energy Vampires suck the life force out of you and I allowed that too many times before I said, Enough is Enough! No more will I allow you to suck my life force out of me, and I drew the boundary lines, between them and myself! I love my family and friends, but I am doing it at a distance. Sad thing is I ended up with the short stick most of my life, before I decided I wanted my life back! The most important and blessed part is that I can move away and into a home of my own, and not be around all this negativity!!! Fiddlehead, my dear friend, only you can make that decision as to how you handle this situation and I truly believe that you have within you the power to rise above this situation! Be blessed my friend, be blessed!!!

Fiddlehead
@fiddlehead
last year
17 posts
Thanks Chuck...very good observation and thank you for sharing these methods! Ironically my friend did not show for work and it's been unbelievably calm and just like a vacation from his negative energy. He will probably return tomorrow...so I'll have to be prepared! LolThank guys!
Fiddlehead
@fiddlehead
last year
17 posts
Yes, you know that it's a very heavy vibe these sad people carry in and around them.He is my friend at work and I do care for his well being...but it's like my spirit is telling me it's enough and this is not the way life was meant to be for anyone. Thank you for sharing your own experience and tips as well! :)
TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts
Your coworker needs boundaries. Mine did this to me, and when I told him I didn't want to hear it anymore he laughed and walked away. Few days later he did it again and I said I'm sorry but I just can't hear this right now. He got really upset, and we'll that's on him. I set the boundary and he disrespected it.You don't owe him anything. He has to deal with his problems not you. I'm sure you can tell him nicely neXT time "I'm sorry you are having a hard time, but I'm really busy now and have to focus on work" hell get it. Or just let him stand there and don't make eye contact back.
Fiddlehead
@fiddlehead
last year
17 posts
I can also totally relate to a " energy vampire" family member Ekkostar...I have an uncle like this and it takes all the energy I have just to sit in the same room with him. I like your name for these people "Negative- nelly's....that's exactly what they are! Lol
Fiddlehead
@fiddlehead
last year
17 posts
Exactly TigerLily...and I'm realizing that I need to put away the guilt I feel when I do set those boundaries. No one ever said I should have to listen constantly about how bad and depressed he feels,or all about his marital issues...it's none of my business anyway! Lol
Tundra2
@tundra2
last year
57 posts

Negative- nelly reminds me of my aunt and uncle I refer to as gloom & doom! LOL

Ekkostar
@ekkostar
last year
4 posts

Greetings Fiddlehead! The word Negative-Nelly is a word I remember from the time when I was a little girl... Hearing my mother and aunts talking about the"ones" who complained from the time they got up in the morning to the time they went to bed! Lol I too would be loaded with guilt when all my attempts to help those who walked through their life in a cloud of darkness. Till I realized that some people don't want to be helped, because they're perfectly fine where they're at... my heart would break with the sadness. For years I allowed myself to be used, oh sure they'd reassure me that they are just venting and unloading and they appreciate me for listening to them. Right! Not until I learned that every day was a day of venting and unloading. Drained, so very drained and I knew I had to save myself from their black hole of doom before I too would be sucked in by the vapidness and drown, never more to be functional.... continue to be a blessing to others with your gifts and try to find your way to go in life, without the Energy Vampires sucking your life force out of you! Hopefully you'll be able to draw that boundary line and say, Enough is enough! Good luck, my friend!

Be blessed in all you do in life honey!!!

You're a wonderful, beautiful person who has been given a special gift in life and I know that you are going to go far and help so many people who are going to appreciate you and all that you have!

Be blessed my friend!

Your friend,

Ekkostar

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts
Hi....negative energy doesn't just come with people...I have a work shirt that when I put it on it zaps my energy...my mom has some sort of jewelry that when she wears it I can feel it with her...and when she doesn't it's not there....could he an object or a spirit in thier current home.....some of my own jewelry has a negative energy source...every time I put them on or hold em I feel it creeping up my arm....i'm ok when I don't wear them....negative energy isn't always about human emotions....just FYI. ..

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book