Any tips on understanding my abilities?

To post a reply, login or signup

Kimberly7887
@kimberly7887
last year
16 posts
First off I'm trying to get the best understanding of what is going on, so that I can use my abilities in the right way.*Does anyone have any suggestions on how to understand being an empath, intuitive, and a psychic medium?*I'd like to know what I could do to help heighten these senses?*Also are there ways to tune them out when they get too overwhelming for me?I'd like to thank anyone that reads and responds to is in advanced. Thank you very much for your time.
updated by @kimberly7887: 01/11/17 02:01:37AM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Research research research ... Meditation helps me. It usually according to your beliefs also. Different people goes about it different ways. I, myself, meditate , ground and protect myself. I also work with crystals . These things helps me control the emotions and pain I absorb from others. Being an intuitive is something you probably already are but I'm a true believer in meditation and centering myself in the present helps clear the mind chatter. Making sure your chakras are working properly is important especially if your wanting to activate the sixth charka or your third eye. It's really according what belief or beliefs you follow, if any. You need to try different ones and see what fits you and works best for you. I'm not a psychic medium but I am very sensitive to spirits and have had my own run ins with them but as far as connecting with the dead, I do not try to. They bug me enough already. If you will search though the groups you will find a lot of your questions answered. If not, ask questions. You can also learn to turn up or down the volume on your sensitivity and I do believe the have an article or video on this in one of the group sections. Meditation answered my question but not everyone is able to meditate. YouTube has some great meditations for Empaths. Hope that helps a little.
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

I suggest praying and meditating (like Rene' said, it depends on your beliefs how you do this), research (reading and videos), and talking to a psychic and/or other empaths in person (if possible). Also (like Rene' suggested), check the groups here for more personalized info on those topics :)

Best~

Lotusfly

Kimberly7887
@kimberly7887
last year
16 posts
Thank you both for your responses I will deffenitly try the praying and meditation. And I'm doing a lot of research and getting answers to my questions.
Kimberly7887
@kimberly7887
last year
16 posts
I was wondering how do I go about meeting other Empaths and psychics in person. I've tried looking for meet ups that are closer to me but most of them are a little ways away from where I live.
Once again thank you
Bookworm
@bookworm
last year
85 posts
Where do you live Kimberly? I live in London and would like to meet other empaths but haven't so far - maybe us brits are just too good at repressing stuff!!
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Send out to the universe through pray or affirmation what you need in your life and be open to receiving it. Look into the Law of Attraction and manifestation.

You can look up professional psychics in your area through an online search by typing in "psychic" and your location.

I wish you many blessings of meeting other empaths and psychics (and hopefully a guru) who can help, support, and guide you in your quest :)

Love and light~

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

That is great! It may seem like there is a lot to learn (and you will get more questions as you search, so the quest is really never-ending :) ), but just take it a little at a time, one step, one day at a time, and the picture will start to become clearer and make more sense and you will discover what you are meant to do :) Just keep an open mind as it unfolds and realize it's really about the journey not the destination :)

Kimberly7887
@kimberly7887
last year
16 posts
Hello Bookworm nice to meet you, and I'm from Ohio. I don't really have any friends expect my husband a few of his friends, and my brother and his wife they are about it. It's not that it's hard to make friends it's just I'm picky I guess. It seems like people aren't very honest or have good intentions anymore. And I just don't want to be around that kind of energy it's bad and can lead people down the wrong path. I do wish you luck in meeting true and honest people with our abilities, and to make some good friendships along the way.
YoungStar
@youngstar
last year
8 posts

Meet Ups is awesome for that....I just moved to Denver and joined a bunch of groups. I would also recommend looking up any metaphysical stores by you and go check them out and talk to the people there.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book