Is there such a thing as binding an Empath's gifts?

To post a reply, login or signup

Yaji
@yaji
last year
69 posts

I don't mean any harm to anyone, but things don't seem to be going good (things keep backfiring)even though I tried to use my abilities to change things.

A small part of me is giving up and a few days ago, I stumbled upon a webpage about a way to bind a person of his/her powers.

The source I got it from is a place for those who practice magic. I'm not a practitioner but I'm just curious that maybe there is a way to give up my gifts and be normal.

updated by @yaji: 09/19/17 01:42:12AM
Bookworm
@bookworm
last year
86 posts
I have heard of people blocking out their gift as you say by disconnectin from emotion as much as possible (whether intentionally or subconsciously) but I don't think this is a very healthy way of dealing with the problems you might be having. I don't think this is the answer you wanted and I understand why you feel the way you do - have you tried grounding? Also lots of people find meditation very helpfulHave you read the empath survival guide? That's a good place to start if you haven'thttps://www.eliselebeau.com/empath-survival-programAnd there are lots of people here who will be willing to help you xxx
Ruby Fox
@ruby-fox
last year
66 posts

If you play with fire you will get burned...Magic that is. I wouldn't go near it. When I found out my much older cousins were witches, and then they turned on me, trust me I was an official believer that good and bad DOES exist. Witches who practice magic are untrustworthy/jealous/petty and don't believe in any power higher than themselves. They even had me watch the skeleton key implying they wanted to be me maybe? What they didn't understand isthat it is NOTTHEIR will on who deserves what or what they should look like/or who they will try to be to better THEMSELVES. That is call evil PRIDE. That is why they put their all in it instead of understanding that gifts are meant to be used for good things-to enrich lives. I would not recommend attracting powers you don't want in your life.

YoungStar
@youngstar
last year
8 posts

I couldn't agree more with you. I do not like witches or wiccan's ...sorry to offend anyone. One time I went in a metaphysical store owned by a wiccan and I got instantly sick to the point were I had to run out of the store to throw up. It took me the whole day to feel better , but I know now that we don't get a long lol.

Ruby Fox
@ruby-fox
last year
66 posts

I just thought I would give people a friendly warning that what they think is no big deal actually is. I once saw a book that looked kinda Egyptian in an occult section in an Irish shop, that had some magic items in one corner. It kinda looked like some kind of Eqyptian book of the dead.Something told me leave. Just leave now. I felt it watching me. When you are aware of these things I think these things like to follow you sometimes.

wiseriverowl
@wiseriverowl
last year
32 posts

Yoji, there is a balance to everything, for every good there must be evil, for every evil there must be good. with out this the world cant be in harmony and balance.our gifts area part of us, to give that up is losing a piece of your self.All magic comes with a price, a price that ismeant to be close toour heart.using the gifts you have to controla situation is, I'm sorry but some what selfish. We are morelike a guardian then a keeper.The gifts we have are to help others, not control them. everything is done for a reason even if we don't understand what that reason is.the future is like a puzzle, every word said, every action taken, can change the life path of our selves andthe others around us.I would try the empath survival program before making that type of choice.

Wishing you the best

Wiseriverowl

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
803 posts

Hi...for the past few years I have been fighting for my right to KEEP my abilities from being blocked by such people your describing....day in...day out...unblocking my energy as the attacks kept coming....your energy is meant to flow....not be blocked or bound....it's unnatural...if your feeling blocked then look into unblocking...the truth is....you can't shut it off....not completely....and normal?...what is that?...no such thing with what we have....I used to...and still on occasion...feel like you...but I'd be so bored without it...lol...and even tho I'm tired of fighting with the witches I've been attacked daily by....I wouldn't give up my ability....and the fact that I've fought so hard tells me I never will....don't give up....there's so much to learn....and it's worth the fight to keep it....personally I think witch is too nice of a name for the people I've been dealing with....

pebble
@pebble
last year
21 posts

Hi,

Maybe the problem is trying to use your empathic ability to change things. Sometimes things and people have to sort themselves out and you might just have to watch things happen and be there to offer sympathy/understanding after the event. Sorry... this may not be entirely what you want to hear but just mentally stepping back form a situation may stop you feeling burned.

Yaji
@yaji
last year
69 posts

I wouldn't go that far.

I once had the softcopy of the Egyptian Book of The Dead but I never actually studied it.

It was one of the things that I had an interest but never actually got involved in.

Yaji
@yaji
last year
69 posts

It's not blocking out the gift, but more like stripping off the gift.

The method I found is said to bind/strip the powers/gifts, which means that no more feeling others' emotions or any other abilities.

Yaji
@yaji
last year
69 posts

I was more interested in the healing uses of magic because for positive purpose...but generally like what I have experienced and what you said, I wouldn't get near it.

There is this feeling when around real witches and that I have to get away from them.

Ruby Fox
@ruby-fox
last year
66 posts

HI Yoji, and everyone else :-)

It looks like he is getting a lot of advice a lot of others wish they had gotten-but can now help because of it. Maybe experience is the best teacher, but why hurt your soul?

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Ok. Y'all have sparked my interest. I admit I know nothing about Wicca (sorry if I sound nieve) but are witches powerful enough to break though shields and protective light? I have only knew a couple of Wiccans personally. One didn't call herself a witch but a naturalist. Both had incredible energies around them. One felt like a clear cool autum day and they other felt like a tropical beach. Neither felt dark. Now you have me wondering. How strong are their powers?
Bookworm
@bookworm
last year
86 posts
Only you can decide what path is right for youThe only advice I can really give is that you have to listen to yourselfBut if these gifts are a part of you, I wonder why you would want to strip them away. I don't think normal is really a thing, although I understand why you might feel you want to be free of these 'gifts' which can feel like a curse at times, you are a beautiful and complete person without changing who you are to fit in to what society or culture dictates you should be.As I said only you can make the choice and you have to find what is right for you but there are other ways you can cope with difficulties you might be having without having to strip away a part of yourself.I hope that makes sense! And doesn't sound dismissive, but truly we all have to find the path which is right for us, all we can do for each other is try to be there, offer support and compassion, and try not to judge. I offer all of those things very happily to you :) I hope you are able to find some peace xx
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
803 posts

Anyone who wants to can be an energy worker....a witch is just another name for it....at the center of everything is energy....we all use it....and it starts out neutral. ....what you use it for will change the feeling of the energy....witch is an old term for energy worker or healer....and it's a confusing term....a person who is using energy to heal is a good witch....onecwho uses it to harm...kill....will change the energy and make it 'dark'....I can tell the difference between healing energy which is rather light and the more darker energy from people intending harm....and yes...people who use the energy for negative purposes and actually know what they're doing can really do damage....I personally feel those kind of people are actually narcessists...I've had to learn about all that in order to know and learn how to protect myself....once they're in it's extremely difficult getting rid of them....

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Ruby Fox
@ruby-fox
last year
66 posts

I am not going to say too much, but I really agree. I think though that curses do exist and some people really do know what they are doing and use it for bad. I have noticed a repeating pattern in my family's life...some are the halves others are the have nots. There might be constant fighting/arguing over money because nothing ever works out-and others want to completely blame the victems. I believe that money is a spiritual issue and if there is a constant problem, then it very well likely might involve a curse-or a family curse. I have seen first hand from relatives their mocking attitude every-time things didn't work out inmy family'slives. Of course they only offered to help after they wanted something too. Then I noticed they wanted to come after me. Any one see that music video about black magic? I think it might be fifth harmony or little mix. They make another girls life miserable and laugh over it. and say "and it's all black magic" She would get made fun of over the stupidest things too. Another example: katy perrys: "So you want to play with magic?" and "Once you're mine there's no going back."

CrystalRose
@crystalrose
last year
48 posts

Hi Rene'

how do you keep yourself and family protected from these dark energies? This whole post talking about it gives me the complete creeps. I'm not sure if anything like that has happened to me or my family but I'd definitely like to protect myself and them from any harm. I feel I especially need to learn more about protection because I've been told my energy can be easy to read sometimes. I know it to be true because of someone at work who is an Empath and is able to tap in and know things about me. Like, they came up to me and said "what's his name?" asking about a guy I'm talking to and am interested in even though I haven't said anything to them. I don't get bad vibes from them really and I'm not afraid of this person as they kind of give me life advice but that did get me thinking... if this person can tap in... could someone who means to do harm do so as well? I think so and that's why this post gives me the creeps. haha If you'd like, you can message me instead of posting here. Thank you, hope all is well with you! <3

Ruby Fox
@ruby-fox
last year
66 posts

Too many no's about binding. good to hear. I never heard about this before and had to say something.

Yaji
@yaji
last year
69 posts

I think that in short, not everything that happens in life is good, but then having these gifts....

What meaning is there if having these gifts won't make any difference?

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
803 posts
They do eventually...each of us does things differently....in our own way...right now is the time to learn about them...what you are able to do...and go from there.....for me the past few years has been all about learning. ..I still don't know what i'm gonna do with these gifts either...it's just interesting all the different info out there on all these gifts...one step at a time...baby steps..
Leafherder
@leafherder
last year
35 posts

I've been noticing lately that it seems to be a lot more important now than it used to be to ask someone's permission to interfere, in any way. If you don't have permission, you are imposing your will on another. You can always send good intentions/prayers/energy and be present with people without imposing.

I'm getting a hard lesson on this as I was stepping in as mediator as much as I could for a situation between people close to me, but the message is clear now that all I am doing is adding to the flame - each side will just claim I am fighting for the other side. I just have to step back and maintain my own relationships and boundaries, and wait, and hope I can set a good example.

On the binding side, I've been bound before a couple of times in different ways - never by a Wiccan, mind you, but a couple of Christians and a predatory energy worker. (Can we please put down the torches?) I think anyone can do it to anyone with proper motivation and research, and it can be cleared. But it's going to come back to bite them in one way or another. I think the same would be true if you try to deny rather than incorporate part of yourself.

Yaji
@yaji
last year
69 posts

What's a predatory energy worker?

Leafherder
@leafherder
last year
35 posts

...my edit didn't take: If it were easy, we wouldn't need this website or others like it. But every effort to learn, to be whole, and to do good in the world matters. I like to think that each of us will figure out how to make our way in the world as Empaths, and next generation will be a little easier, and maybe the next will wonder what was so difficult. You make your choices and I hope they work out for you!

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
803 posts
That's an individual who pretends to help in order to harm....these are people who are opposite of what we are...just like a narcissist only they use the energy for evil purposes as well...for their own gain....what we call magic...i've been fighting my own battle with one real nasty jerk...and I think a couple of others....it's tuff to tell for sure who it is since they don't confront you face to face...that's why I caution you about using those spells on yourself...or having them done to you....if you don't know what your doing you could make a mistake and possibly make things worse for yourself...as could the wrong energy worker....I asked these people for help or shopped in a shop and gave the guy my email address etc...that was it...I was targeted for the last few years and have only now found a way to block him...
Kate
@kate
last year
131 posts

I would personally like to say that yes it exists and it has effects on people, however, as we all know, what goes around comes around. The power of magic that backfires is far worse than the first fire shot at someone else. A person has all the capabilities of getting over it as much as it might harm in the present, but once it does so, it helps the individual and digs a hole for the attacker. Similarly, such doings attract negative forces and in all honesty, you as an attacker will affect the people around yourself, slowly driving yourself to exclusion and madness ^^ And here I got out of the empath sphere only.

These people feel "burned" when "scanned" or talked to about such things, and nevertheless have to deal with blockages and other bs. Imo, I'd just mind my own business and let the law of attraction and karma do their job for revenge and grudge channeled in the ways of 'black magic' suggest a big imbalance, and from here we can move forward to talking about love and how many problems it can solve when delivered at the right time.

Just a quick insight but everything is fixable and responds to higher frequencies. And why not, to lower ones as well *cough*

There's that nice concept of the Japanese people, the art of repairing a broken piece of pottery so that it ends up looking more beautiful than before: Kintsugi.

wiseriverowl
@wiseriverowl
last year
32 posts

Yaji, I'm not here to tell you what you should or should not do. That isn't at all what I'm about.. I am nothing more the a person. I don't claim to have all the answers, nor do I claim to be better then anyone. In my spectrum we are all equal, no matter what you posses in this life. gifts are just that, something someone else gave you. I think in order to answer your question I would have to know what gifts you have? For an example I can feel other peoples feelings, I can see things before they happen, and I can see people who have passed.... I'm not saying all of these are empath traits but these are the gifts I posses.

Best wishes

Wiseriverowl

wiseriverowl
@wiseriverowl
last year
32 posts

Karen, I will agree with you, learning about them is a start, but that is with anything. every one needs to find things on their own. nobody can tell you what you're meant to find by your own will... all we can do is be a support group

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
803 posts
Sure wiseriverowl...a support group bouncing ideas around....people ask questions...they receive answers from other people that can be thot about used or refused...that's the whole concept of support ....like you i' m not better than anyone else....my only purpose is to help others find their way...most of everyones' responses are from personal experiences...as are mine...if it makes people think a bit then i've achieved something...if not...so be it...but in order for there to be help from others I need input to think about so I can choose my course of action...input is quite different from telling people what to do....
RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
last year
110 posts

After my divorce in 2000 I pretty muck killed off most of my abilities then about 4 years revived them...my body literally went into shock...pulse rate dropped...blood pressure dropped and I had a fever...after a few hours I was fine.Not something I would suggest one do....it puts extreme stress on your physical body.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book