Does anyone else feel hated for no reason, or that they're always doing something wrong?

To post a reply, login or signup

Rocky Wolfe
@rocky-wolfe
last year
12 posts

First off, I'm new here. This is my first post- I've recently discovered I'm an Empath, and am glad I found this website!

Second, there's something I haven't really found more of, so I'm not sure it has to do with being an Empath- a lot of times, I feel hated or that I'm a nuisance to people I'm close to. Sometimes I'll look at tiny tiny details, such as a short response to a Facebook message, in place of a long one, or maybe a slight change in ways they talk when around me, which could chalk up to anything, (tiredness, other aggravating things in their life, etc.) but my first instinct is to say to myself, "I did something wrong. What was it?" I often find myself asking "What's wrong?" or more specifically, "Did I do something wrong?". Whenever my boyfriend has a serious tone when he says he needs to tell me something, I automatically think he's suddenly changed his mind about everything and wants to break up. If I do obviously say/do something that annoyed someone, even after apologizing (ten million times, may I add...) and we move on like nothing happened, I still find myself dwelling on it and that moment of pure misery.

This has been happening for a few years now. I don't know if it has anything to do with being an Empath, but I feel asking would be a good way to see if it's a common trait.

updated by @rocky-wolfe: 01/11/17 11:55:14AM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
All my life. I use to apologize for everything. "I'm sorry" was my most used words each day. This made me shy at an early age. But I've, somewhat, have outgrown the shyness over the years.
I was and am the go to person if someone needs to talk but in a crowd I'm always the one standing back and observing instead of the center of attention I couldn't be the center of attention if I was put in that position because I would not feel comfortable
I think a lot of it does have to do with us bring Empaths. If we can feel the different personalities in a crowd I'm sure they can feel us also and I bet we feel weak to them because of our good nature and empathy.
I have always been treated like what I have to say or think is not important unless they need a shoulder to cry on.
I also think it's due to all the negative energy we take in that makes us feel like we are not good enough. When we are receiving strong negative feels or low vibrations from an over bearing personality type, we don't know how to filter it out because that's not a natural emotion for us so we humble ourselves and bow down to it and allow it in.
What has helped me is to meditate and to ground and protect myself. I try to keep my vibration high. Meditation helps me find peace and love within myself.
We do not owe this world anything except our love and blessings. What they do with that it is up to them. We was not put here on earth to be anyone's punching bag or anyone's old pair of shoes they don't wear until they loose their new ones. I think Empaths is the love energy that spends off of the universe. We are the love in the light
CrystalRose
@crystalrose
last year
48 posts

Yes, this happens to me all the time. What I do when this happens, and it's happened recently to me with a guy I like not wanting to talk because of a bad night. First thing I thought was maybe I did/said something wrong. The key thing he said was that he was having a bad night. SO I focus on that. I didn't do anything wrong, he just wasn't having a good night and therefore he wanted to be alone. Nothing to do with me. It's easy to focus on the negative aspect that maybe we did/said something wrong. What I've started doing lately whenever something like that happens, is I tell myself over and over that it's not me and if it was, they'd say so and we'd work it out from there. If there so happens to actually be an issue, I try and focus more on solving it as opposed to dwelling on it. Easier said than done though. I'm still working on making that a stronger habit and kicking out the old one of thinking I did something wrong. :) hehe

As Empaths, we are very sensitive to subtle changes in peoples behaviors, energies, and tones in their voices which can lead us to over analyze things. I'm constantly over analyzing things. It's even easier for us to do so because of our sensitivity. Whenever you feel like that, just tell yourself that you didn't do anything wrong. It'll feel weird and you'll probably still feel like you did but just say that to yourself every time you feel it. Try not to worry about it too much and remember that things always tend to work themselves out at the right time.

I hope you're having a great day and welcome to the EC! :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book