Developing empath

To post a reply, login or signup

Abrianna
@abrianna
last year
6 posts
Hello, my name is Abrianna. And I'm new to this community. I'm 16 and have recently discovered some of my abilities and they are quickly getting stronger. I'm lost and overwhelmed. And I could really use some help. Sometimes when I go out into public I get so overwhelmed that I just want to crawl in a while and cry. I'm trying to learn how to control my gift. I've looked for books. I've bought some crystals and such. But none of it seems to work unless I'm with one of my friends who is a green witch. She seems to be the only thing that gives me balance. I just could really use some help and guidence.
updated by @abrianna: 03/30/17 06:25:32AM
seanw4202
@seanw4202
last year
54 posts

First and foremost do as much research as you can.

This is not a science, everyone reacts differently in ability, strength, and purpose. You may feel stronger around your "green witch" however you need to understand that what you think you feel and what you believe you feel are two different things, when you use your logical mind, you will never be accurate or truthful in your empathic abilities. If you think she makes you stronger, you might be tricking yourself into a self-manifested placebo. It does happen, and you need to be sure that what your feeling, is actually a feeling and not an idea or thought. I am highly intuitive, answers come to me out of thin air, if I question myself, I am wrong end of story. No people or person have ever helped me be more or less intuitive, and with somethings nothing comes. The signs that come to me and my abilities are only manifested when they need to be, whenever I have an instinctive or intuitive idea, or persuasion, they always lead me to something much greater, or solve a problem that otherwise would have been much worse. This is something I've been practicing since I discovered that I was an empath at the age of 28, I spent nearly thirty years thinking I had a mental disorder and that why my mind was always scrambled and why I suddenly thought I knew something that I had no reason to know, yet find that I in fact did know, and it was for a reason. Do not expect this to make your life more significant in the god complex mindset, you are liable to abuse and mistreat others without knowing it, you will feel others pain, and you will think your going crazy, as you get older your understanding will improve as well as your ability and strength. Just know to accept it as it comes, and never show off as a psychic, it won't work if you try to make it. Live with it and accept you have a guardian angel, a blessing, and a gift. Keep a humble mindset or it may turn into a curse, and always no matter how much you learn or think you know, always accept you know nothing, or you will be unable to continue growing.

seanw4202
@seanw4202
last year
54 posts

Also you look very familiar, as I have been experiencing this with many people recently, your picture alone carries your energy and you have a very positive vibe about yourself, just don't get discouraged.

P.S. money is not real - pursue love.

Abrianna
@abrianna
last year
6 posts
Thank you. I have been experiencing that as well.
Abrianna
@abrianna
last year
6 posts
I have been working on the acceptance and to not use my abilities in a wrong sense. I only plan on using it for good
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
Try the book "Thriving as an Empath". It is written by fellow empaths and community members. Fantastic read for the newly awakened empath. There is a lot of good information and instruction on how to get a handle on your gift. Trevor Lewis is one of the writers. If you need more assistance...seek him out. He may be able to help you. He helped me when I was new to the site.Shine on...
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

In time, you will get better. Give yourself time. You will learn which people to let in and which to keep out. It is a learning process. You will also develop more of your sense of self which will help you to determine which feelings are yours and which don't belong to you. You will also learn to set boundaries (be assertive).

Just take it a day at a time and don't be hard on yourself. You will grow and strengthen so that you will be able to take on the world better. Right now, you're just really sensitive and that's okay. You've discovered this about yourself and that's just the beginning. Now you will begin to learn your place in the world and how to use your gifts. But again, it takes time and life experience. Just be patient :)

Abrianna
@abrianna
last year
6 posts
Thank you very much
Abrianna
@abrianna
last year
6 posts
Thank you. I will be patient and let time do its job.
MoonlitBiscuit
@moonlitbiscuit
last year
3 posts
Try the Sedona Method! Buy the book online or in print. Releasing emotions us easy and so vital.
PeaceOnEarth
@peaceonearth
last year
32 posts
Ditto!! Sedona method is super helpful for me as an Empath.
Abrianna
@abrianna
last year
6 posts
Thank you so much

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book