So I just found out

To post a reply, login or signup

Rich J.
@rich-j
last year
2 posts
I'll try to keep this short. I'm 6 years out of a relationship with a covert narcissist. I was clinically diagnosed with cptsd and Stockholm syndrome (2011). I was told in my support group I was an empath, after a year and much healing I was leading the group. It's now 4 years later, no support, no meds. Doing okay, at best on a good day. I never bothered to explore what an empath was until some recent events.2012, I was asked to help a 16 year old who was failing in school and cutting herself. She grew up in a abusive household. Alcohol and heroin, anger, rage, rape were all present. I took on the job even tho I was still healing myself. In 2 years she went from, suicidal thoughts, cutting, and failing school to straight a's, having confidence, and starts collage next month. (Keeping it short here). It was easy for me, effortless even. 2 months ago she got her first boyfriend. We seen each other almost daily until then. Now comes the distance between us. For 2 weeks I was having, pains, severe depression and suicidal thots. I knew it wasn't my cptsd. Her face would not leave my mind the whole 2 weeks. Last Saturday I locked myself in my room never leaving once. In a fit of tears something told me I was purging all of what I absorbed from her. The next day I felt brand new. Easily the most amazing thing that's ever happened. I spent the next day reading about what an empath is and after much reflecting on my past it literally explains my whole life. Nothing looks the same to me anymore. So I guess my question is, did this really happen? Does it go that deep?I've meditated for the last 20 years, it's helped but can I use it to protect myself? Any comments or critiques would be appreciated ty.
updated by @rich-j: 01/17/17 01:54:54AM
Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
last year
82 posts

"So I guess my question is, did this really happen? Does it go that deep?"

Yes. For me, anyway. All the blessed time...

Meditation is a great tool as an empath, in terms of knowing yourself and your own state v that of someone else. Discerning between the two is hard at first, and it may take some time to feel comfortable owning the 'realness' of these experiences (that will hopefully be lighter than that one).

Probably other tools like learning how to detach from others' intense energies, how to 'wash' the energies out of you, decording, etc etc will be necessary. Shielding seems to be a matter of personal taste, but you can use a meditative state to set some intentions around your personal boundaries and if you are a visualiser, also that might be nice to try for a while, different styles etc, to see how it helps you, or not.

A strong experience like that is certainly an eye-opener.

Rich J.
@rich-j
last year
2 posts
I've been meditating for 20 years or so. Itsold always cleared my head and made me feel better but never knew this whole this other side of it. I've read a lot about shielding but I think I'll wait on that on for now. I found a good guided cleansing med I've used the last few days, it definetly made a difference, also going to try some others including what you have mentioned here. I really need a protection. That's funny coz I've always said "stay out of my bubble" but had no idea I could actually have one. This was the most intense experience I've ever had, nothing looks the same. It's, from what I've read, a necessity to be able to control it. Lots of good info here, from people who understand. I really thought I needed serious help those few days. Now I know I am going to have to be the sorce of my own help.I still can't grasp the fact that this experience explains everything. Very intense. I'm determined to make it work for me now as my lack of knowledge has worked against me my whole life. Ty for your comment. I wrote your different ideas down and will surley try them.Ty again. Rich

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book