Why are you here? The story behind the Empath Community...

To post a reply, login or signup

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
8 years ago
414 posts
If you're relatively new to our Empath Community, you probably don't know that this web site was created at the request of my Spirit Guide, Ted. It came through as such a profoundly powerful urge that I cried my eyes out when I finally hit the switch and turned the site on.But, because I could not see the whole path ahead of me, I started to feel how this was just a "drop in the bucket". I had suffered hell for years because I did not know what I was or what to do about it. And I felt that creating this unknown web site about an even less known situation, that of being an Empath, was likely to end up a waste of time, with me and maybe a couple of other people who had found it by accident.But Ted insisted. Which surprised me because he never pushes me. So I figured this was important and kept coming back in the forums, even though I was mostly talking to myself...I religiously answered every post, sharing whatever information I had gathered about being an Empath.I never publicized it. I never expected much from it. I was basically following instructions that this was, somehow, needed.But people did find this place... And they mostly all had the same questions: What is this? How I can stop hurting from it? What can I do with it?So Ted stepped in again and requested that I write the Empath Resource page and Survival Program (both of which you can find on the Resource tab).I won't lie to you, this was not an easy process for me. I am a working mom with 2 jobs. So this was all happening at night when my son was asleep, during the 2 hours of consciousness I had before crashing into bed.And yet when I look around here, I can see that something is happening.I get several emails a week from people who's lives have been permanently changed for the better because of this community and the Empath Survival Program.So I would like to join Ted in thanking you for being here.This place would not exist without you.Thank you to our new members who are probably confused and suffering. Your question allows us to share what we know and, in this very process, we all grow and learn. Thank you also for reaching out to other new members, so that they may feel welcomed here.Thank you to the "veterans" who have been around for a while and who keep coming back to share their knowledge, support and challenges. You are the pillars of our community and I am profoundly grateful for your desire and ability to contribute selflessly to the well being of our fellow Empaths.Being an Empath is not always pretty. It's not all rainbows and lollipops. But we all do our best to navigate these tumultuous waters while holding on to each other. Thank you for being that "other".in amazingly love for every Empath in our community,Elise & Ted
updated by @eliselebeau: 07/14/17 10:12:21PM
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
8 years ago
414 posts
I know the feeling all too well :) Welcome!in love,Elise
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
8 years ago
414 posts
Check out http://www.EliseLebeau.com/empath on my web site.in loveElise
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
8 years ago
414 posts
I don't have a quiz there, just a list of "usual telltales" for Empaths :)in loveElise
Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
Hi, Elise & Ted,Thank you for starting this site. For years I knew I was *something* ..something that *knew things* something that *healed*. My husband knew because he witnessed. And others who were affected knew . Most people figured it out on their own... But pretty much I've always kept it to myself. Quietly, I searched for answers but only in this past year did I come upon the term *Empath*. I am very guarded, because this is such a tricky kind of psychic ability. It can be a walk on a tightrope sometimes just trying to keep the ego grounded while we fine tune this healing gift. It's too easy to start thinking we are more special than we are.Especially if people around us start thinking we're special. Afterall, we are mirrors. So I've been working on fully grounding the ego before I come out as an Empath. I finally reached that point where I was ready to *come out* ....but last night when Ghost Whisperer put the spot light on Empaths, I actually cringed. What happens now?.....Do we become a joke....like the Trekkies? Will the Ghost Whisperer connection devalue our good intentions, make us look like GW posers? I'm concerned because so much of Empathic Healing is intention and energetic exchange.I have very mixed emotions about that Ghost Whisperer episode. It will certainly create more hits in social networks like this one but I'm just not sure if it *helps* us or hurts us as a community. Maybe this is not the right time to come out as an Empath. I can continue to do what I do from my *invisible place*. I always have.Still, it's nice to have people to connect with who understand.God Bless you.Roxy
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
8 years ago
414 posts
LOL! I find it awesome that a TV show is actually rendering a public service by talking about Empaths to mainstream audiences who can then find their way here (which I like to call "home").I should send them a thank you note!in loveElise
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
8 years ago
317 posts
Thank you for putting up this site, it's truly wonderful. There is definitely magic here, it has such a nice feeling to it. Wonderful, too, because there seems to be more of a balance between giving and asking for readings than I've found on other sites. Usually, it gets so one-sided, but there's so many talented & gifted (and giving!) people here. I've been wondering for some time now how I could deal with being an empath, and I had no idea what I was going to do! Miraculously, just finding this was an unbelievable healing in itself. I've spent so long trying to convince people about things, about myself. I needed someone to understand & believe me. But no one did. Many times I thought I had found 'my group' that would understand me, make it all make sense, but they all came up short until now. I had come to many/most of the same conclusions as all the things I've read here already, but I still desperately needed to find someone else who believed it!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
8 years ago
414 posts
Ahhhh! That is so awesome! I am glad you both found what you were looking for here :)in loveElise
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
8 years ago
414 posts
Awwww, thanks to all our new members who really keep our community alive and well!Welcome home :)in loveElise
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
7 years ago
414 posts
Thanks to all those who have contributed in building this web site. And you are all so very welcome :)in loveElise
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
7 years ago
414 posts
Take a break! It can be overwhelming at first, finding this place. So it's ok to take small bites at a time! And make sure you start with the Empath Survival Program (look at the top menu)in loveElise
Peter
@peter
7 years ago
18 posts
Finally a framework to help me define my reactions to the world! Thanks for creating this crossroads for us to interact.So much to know.....so delicate the balance....a formidable task...comfortably undertaken here..
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
7 years ago
414 posts
Ray, your spirit guide is quite happy with how you are receiving her guidance, actually. Sometimes we think we're doing a terrible job at "hearing" our guides because they don't talk to us the way we expect.I used to think that Ted was a side effect of my very active imagination because I would hear it "in my head" as if I was talking to myself...Until I realized that *he* always makes sense, while I don't :) The thoughts that come from him also have a different feel to them, so now I can recognize him right away. But honestly, it tool me a while to figure out that he *was* talking to me. I just didn't realized it.In your case, she's saying she mostly talk to you through music and from all the posting you've been making about song on youtube, I'd say you're hearing her loud and clear!Just my 2 cents :)in love,Elise
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
7 years ago
414 posts
Please don't post unrelated question inside other people's forum threads!You can create a group by going on the main menu > Discuss > Groups.in love,Elise
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
7 years ago
414 posts
Welcome Wendy!Fortunately, you can take your time now, just taking in as much as is comfortable whenever you feel you need it!Keep things comfortable and enjoy the mind blowing ride of coming "home" :)in love,Elise
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
6 years ago
414 posts

Thank you again to all those who offer their love and support for our beloved Empath Community!

It moves me beyond words that you are here :)

in love,

Elise

Zeca
@zeca
6 years ago
116 posts
Thank you from every part of my heart! You will be seeing me around a lot! I hope with sharing here that I can help others like you have done for me. I feel like someone just pulled onto the bank from a crazy river. Thank you!
Bing
@bing
3 years ago
548 posts

5_discussions.jpgHi Elise

My dear and beautiful friend, thank you so much for creating this little oasis of Light, Life and Love in this world. I have grown so much since I wandered in the front door. This is our little way station between this frequency and the next. As you have already stated we all learn from each other and in the process the Light grows stronger. A candle looses nothing by lighting another candle, but you are much more than that. You are a Lighthouse Lightworker, a Wayshower; the one that reaches out into the darkness and draws the lost into a safe harbour. You are a special soul who walks with assured footsteps amidst the chaos and marks the path forothers to follow. Thank you so much formaking the choice to sit down at your computer and hit the"send" button to all of us. I have included two of my favourite Lightworker videos for you from my private collection.

Lighthouse Wisdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PDXFu-utyE

A Lightworker's Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58rfQRiQmU8&list=PLCA4D8BD4517B1D21

Know that you are loved so very much and completely beyond your capacity to comprehend or understand. May all that is of the Light, and every angel, watch over and protect you.

Throw some love into the wind.

Bing

B
@b
3 years ago
252 posts
Yes thank you. Seems we are a small part in the world that perhaps haven't been professional studied. I would never see a head shrink for my own reasons not that they might help some. But for others to have similar thoughts and feelings as I it helps me that I'm not alone.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book