Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
767 posts
I have seen this happen several times. Each time I have tried to warn others about the person, but alas, my warnings have NEVER been heeded. This has caused a lot of suffering for the ones warned. Don't feel guilty at all. Unfortunately there is nothing that you could have done. If you would have warned, especially more than once (as I did) people will start viewing you as the problem and think that you cannot possibly know this kind of thing. Some might even say your crazy. Funny thing about I told you so's....no one ever comes back and says "Your right, ....". Just silence...I have come to the conclusion that sometimes these sufferings are just what needs to happen for the learning experience. It is hard to sit quietly and watch family, loved ones, co-workers, employers go through what they do but all you can do is protect yourself if your radar goes off with someone.Don't ever convince yourself of overreacting. If your radar goes off, trust your gift to keep yourself safe...even if no one else will listen.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,330 posts

Dear Rosie,

I just want to point out that it was Cat Whisperer, not me, who gave that excellent second opinion on this thread, but I do agree with her and with your comment on hers. There are several members here with Cat or Kat in their screen names, so it's easy to do this. I just don't want to seem to be taking credit for someone else's comments, but it's nice to know I was on your mind! That is probably due to the long conversation we've been having on your blog post! :-)

I am going through this right now with someone I initially thought was a saint, someone who is "too good to be true", and calling me her "dear friend" way too soon, when she hardly knows me was my first clue something was off. Sure enough, I've found out there have been lies by omission, outright lies, damage done by carelessness, and a hidden agenda.

How do we deal with this type of person when we must interact sometimes? That's the hard part for me. I've had way too much of this, and have developed quite a temper when I hit the point where I'm DONE with someone's B.S.

C. Cat

Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
767 posts
Rosie333, thanks for the apology, I didn't take it personally :)

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book