Feeling Like My Chest is Being Crushed

To post a reply, login or signup

RealFaction
@realfaction
last year
162 posts

I believe this is related to my anxiety disorder, and my stress, but i strongly believe it's to do with me being an Empath. I've been told in the past being around crowds can make me feel overwhelmed. Well, the problem is, I'm in my condo unit alone, and I'm feeling that. I think recently my abilities got a "boost" again, because I'm growing, and I'm really not used to this.

I am 24 years old, and turn 25 in November. I've tried shielding myself with 3 energy barriers, but it's still there somewhat. It feels like I'm overwhelmed with energy and stress. It's affected my breathing constantly, and I want to know how to feel better. Maybe all it is, is that I'm not "centered", because I am definitely not, but, it feels like someone is squeezing me all over from head to legs, like i'm constantly tensed up. Makes it hard to exercise because I can't breathe well when I do (not asthma).

I feel I can see much more than I used to in a psychic way, and I read people instantly now, which is faster than before, but it's overwhelming. It feels like too much, I don't feel calm. I try meditating but this is hard to deal with. Any advice? I constantly see blue energy everywhere almost like thermal vision in a way as crazy as that sounds, it's my "second sight". I have been told I'm a natural-born healer, but I have not tried that yet, I don't feel ready. I've been dealing with headaches and pressure too.

It makes it hard to hang out with my friends because when I do, the pressure gets worse, and it's like I have to stay away from them, but they're not bad people or energy vamps, I just went to a church and it felt like some sort of muscle tension flare-up. It's scary. It's been hard to go to those services because of this physical tension/pressure affecting my breathing and my body all over. It's getting harder to breathe because of it, but it's different from asthma. Help? :( Even now I feel it getting worse.

updated by @realfaction: 01/10/17 11:16:10PM
Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
last year
82 posts

First, you need to calm your physical body down. Ground yourself. Do this in physical ways. Eat potatoes, rice; if you're a meat eater, eat a steak also; if not, root vegetables, lentils, are good. My go to is potatoes. Drink a lot of water, Have showers or if you have a bath lay in a warm salty bath for a long time. Table salt will do but sea salt is better. Breathe. In through the nose and then slowly out through the mouth making a wooshing sound with your lips. This breath will - it may take a few days - calm your nervous system down.

Try and leave all the esoteric and sensing stuff alone till this all calms down. Then you can review.

Watch dumb comedies. Go for walks, preferably with trees around you, a park, or just suburban streets. Keep doing the slow long breath out and try not to think about the pressure in your body but give your heart centre a soothing rub now and then. If you have a heat pack lay it on your solar plexus and hug it against your chest. Whatever you can do that you know relaxes your mind and body, do. Jigsaws, computer games, looking at picture of fluffy animals or roses? I don't know, but do it.

My chest is spasming writing this! Good luck with it all. It's a horrible state to be in. Ground yourself, young man! You can do some light visualising of unwanted energy leaving your system as you walk, say. Stomp it out into the earth. Sit with your bum on a rock or the grass, etc, and let earth take it, But I would stay out of the energy arena for a bit when things are this extreme.

RealFaction
@realfaction
last year
162 posts

Grounding has been the hardest for me. It's like im constantly connected and don't know how to disconnect. Thank you though. For some reason when I eat potatoes i get hungrier and my body freaks out, like when i eat any carbs too much of them. My anxiety gets worse and i have a panic attack and i get starving. It's weird. I'm also out of shape. So....sit on grass to leave unwanted energy...i should try that. Thank you.

Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
last year
82 posts

Yeah, like electricity. Ground it out. Whichever way.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts

Hi...I know exactly what you mean...you feel like your exploding and imploding all at the same time....the energy is strong and it's painful....there are a few things that could be going on...1st....check your environment for anything toxic in the air....always check for stuff that may be causing you to become sick....if you have a gas fire place...or gas stove....check and make sure there aren't any leaks....I am so sensitive to that stuff now...any kind of leak no matter how small can cause irritation when your in the same room with it...it builds up in the body...and no one believed me....I called the city to come check and their instruments didn't read anything...but my nose did....so I took care of it myself.....and once I did I started feeling better....but thats me...lol....I myself can't use shields either....shielding is using energy and it feels like i'm blocking myself ....at this time when all energy hurts it's not wise to use them...another thing I found extremely helpful is unplugging everyone I could at an energetic level.....as humans we look at the world from the physical perspective....as an empath we look at the universe from the energy level....we're all connected to each other in some way....the energy links and cords are why we can read a person the way we can....if our energy system is not regularely cleared of these links and hooks....like we clear our cell phones of people we no longer have contact with...then we become over loaded....you'll be linked to people by these energy cords who have their own problems etc....removing all of them should shut off a lot of the overload....it takes time and practice....I cleaned out so much all the way back to my childhood....and with every severed link I felt better...the noise started to become managable. ...I unplugged EVERYONE....including my family...co workers...I cleared out all links and cords to former tennants of my place....I smudge to clear out negative energy....u shouldn't do that until your sure you don't have a sewer or gas leaks in your home....and my energy smoothed out and it's easier to stay grounded....it's a scary thing not knowing what's what....I hope this helps you pin point the problem....

Alison
@alison
last year
71 posts

Have you looked into PTSD? I think it's something that sensitive people are prone to. Even if they haven't suffered a majorly traumatic incident, there is something called complex PTSD which is an ongoing 'low level' type of trauma. Seems to get overlooked.

When you're in trauma, it's very difficult (impossible?) to ground yourself because you're so used to dissociating from your pain or difficulty. It can be a cause of chest pain.

Of course, it may not be this but just thought I'd mention ... it's something I've been looking into and imagine many empaths are suffering from trauma without realising.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
Don't forget to check the wax ring that seals the toilet...people tend to over look that....lol
RealFaction
@realfaction
last year
162 posts

Exactly. It's not leaks or anything that im sure of. It's just the fact im stressing, i think. But hmm....i see. I guess i should start severing links then. I think my main problem is grounding. Thanks.

RealFaction
@realfaction
last year
162 posts

Yes. People who have PTSD don't think i have it from what they said. I'll look into it again but i don't think thats it. I'll check again though. Thanks.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
You may be grounded. ..but something attatched to your energy may be interfering with your ability to stay or FEEL grounded...for example...I was feeling fine....posted this to you...and immediately felt ungrounded....for me when I post to someone it's linking my energy to yours....I can hear and feel what's going on and once this link occurs you'll have access to mine...I left the energy link in place to lend you some strength and so my spirits could help you clear out your system and house of any negative beings...you had quite a few...we cleared them out...but you may want to smudge to clear your place more....
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I can relate with the feelings in the chest. I have them right before a seeing or vision. And during thunderstorms. I have them also when something happens to someone and my intuition kicks in hard. It also takes my breath sometimes. But I have known the cause of it for a long time and I'm like "wait for it..wait for it...then my guides will show me something or let me enter into different places of people's lives. To see. Even the past. But , that's just my experiences with it. Everyone is different.
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
Ya...I have the chest thing too....it feels like energy has backed up and it blocks the systwm...i'm not always sure what's affecting my heart Chakra....or if it's something physical...I keep trying to clear it...sometimes it works...sometimes not...
RealFaction
@realfaction
last year
162 posts

With me i think its been the fact i have been disconnected with myself unhappy with who i am because i havent been successful or pulling in money which was wrong. Ever since i've taken off the pressure it's been getting better, though another part of it is the extreme humidity outside, it's worse when i go out there though when it's hot and humid. But, mostly anxiety. It's been calming down because i've been more at peace with myself and my life. I've been trying to grab a hold of the root cause and i think i have. Just a matter of time to relax now. Thanks.

Karen: In your case it sounds like energy blockage, sometimes your system can get kinked like mine has (the chakra flow system is like a second nervous system, stress and anxiety can kink up the pipes and cause inflammation and some damage, or negative energy blocking the flow in certain spots. I would see a healer, meditate, maybe get some black obsidian to hold, it's good for blockages. If it's just a kink though, meditation and finding the root problem to anxiety and stress can help.

Use my recent experience as an example, it could be pressure or stress over something. But thats just all possibilities of what it could be, hope this helps. Also, make sure you sever your links. You could be linked to people and not know it. Search yourself for those links and cut them, that's another part of my problem was as you mentioned...actually you're the person who told me this i realized haha, sorry. Cut the links and create energy barriers to shield yourself like a bubble. Hope this helps.

indigovirgo
@indigovirgo
last year
23 posts

I can relate to most of what you have described here. I have had these kind of feelings at varying degrees of intensity at several times in my life. In my experience, there was something, often a specific issue, that it seemed my emotions were signaling that I had to address. Sometimes it may have even been something as simple as needing to slow down from the constant rat race and listen to my body. Also, for me, it seems if I am doing something that my higher self knows is not the right direction or choice for me- I will often end up having severe physical symptoms and at times panic attacks.

If you can find anyone around you who does basic clearings- that may be a possibility to help. I have had a few cleanings done and they have helped me at least temporarily to move the energy. There are a few people on this board who offer clearings- sorry don't have the info.

I still have a lot to learn on how to ground myself so not sure these will help you. The other thing is hot baths with epsom salts. They take absorb negative energy and help to clear you. This seems to help me significantly when I am really overwhelmed with things.

RealFaction
@realfaction
last year
162 posts

That's a good idea, thanks. I figured out it was from me being so hard on myself pressuring myself and not being centered not being happy with who i am, not accepting my situation or myself, which now i have done, and am starting to feel a bit better. Oh? Cool. Thanks! I guess I'll do a cleansing.

RealFaction
@realfaction
last year
162 posts

Oh wow i had no idea, i just now read this. Thank you! I was still struggling after this even. I didn't know that...yikes. Smudge?

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book