Dreams

To post a reply, login or signup

Lauren3
@lauren3
last year
14 posts
I have the most vivid dreams without fail every night and When I ask my friends about their dreams they all say they don't remember or they didn't have one? Is it an empath trait to dream so vividly and remember it?
updated by @lauren3: 02/12/17 04:30:23PM
Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts
I always dream vividly and in colour. I've heard some people dream in black and white which I think is weird. it is a rare and welcomed night when i dont dream, how peaceful. Sometimes I wake up and don't know where I am or look around for who was in my dream. Sometimes they make sense and coincide with my worries or current events and sometimes they are so strange I cannot explain them. I really should start writing them down. I used to have nightmares, awful nightmares until someone put the idea in my head I could change the course of my dreams by using the fear to bring myself into a semi-lucid state. I've pretty much perfected that. I either wake up or become partly conscious in my dream and make changes as I would to a movie set. The mind is an amazing thing. I'm curious what other people think about it.
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

everybody dreams! It is the REM part of our sleep. It can be suppressed with sleep medication though. Watson & Crick argue that most of dreaming is actually a cleansing process for the brain, getting rid of superfluous synapses (and I guess as empaths we have very active brains, so we might need more cleansing?). That is not to say that some dreams might not be guidance, or prophetic?

I am quite a heavy dreamer, but it is more bearable than it used to be! I have stopped trying to understand or remember them, usually when I used to look stuff up in like online dream dictionaries stuff was just too depressing. Looking back now, I did not understand back then yet too though, that I am an empath, and just like with emotions, I might have had 'other people's dreams.'

Many people also chronically under-sleep, so it will be even harder for them to possible remember any of their dreams...

Love and Light!

Bookworm
@bookworm
last year
85 posts
I have had basically identical experiences to you in this respect :)
KM
@km
last year
90 posts

It is all about brain waves. Something in what you do, or what you are experiencing in your waking life is causing you to have these low brain waved/ delta dreams. I think that is what that state of dreaming was called. It is the one where you see very clearly information that is coming to you.

Come to think of it, you may have a very good imagination in the waking life as well, as that input you generate in the daytime may in conjunction with other things produce these dreams. (in some instances anyway)

The reason others may not experience them is because some of the factors to produce them is missing for them. First of all, one needs to actually get deep restful sleep, which a lot of people today don't devote the time to or find difficult to do.

Meditating and getting in touch with one's higher self helps. When I meditate regularly, these dreams do increase for me. I get messages/information from the dreams. Like someone else above suggested, some of these messages are about strong probabilities that may happen. So as to not freak you out, I will say again "may".

For example: I can have a vivid but short dream about an accident possibility. The next day I feel rushed but in the back of my mind is this nagging feeling that that dream produced. So I am one second late starting my car at an intersection as a result. The one second makes all the difference and realize that another car that approached suddenly and unexpectedly could have caused an accident, had I not had the delay. In a situation like this, something more intelligent than your conscious self is communicating to you some possibilities or probabilities. It is your choice what you pick out of that dream to focus on or how casually you treat the information.

Let me go back and add: some of the delta dreams I've personally had were not about warnings but about where I may be living next. They were visual settings, which very surprisingly materialized when I was house hunting. I am still amazed when this comes together like that. You dream of a detailed setting and it shows up in your life (what appears down the road) or in the future.

Lauren3
@lauren3
last year
14 posts

I had a really weird dream...

i dreamt that my dogs paws just fell off, and I found them in my room.. Does this have any meaning? I have weird vivid dreams every night but this one stands out a lot to me.

Ash2016
@ash2016
last year
34 posts

Lauren3:

I had a really weird dream...

i dreamt that my dogs paws just fell off, and I found them in my room.. Does this have any meaning? I have weird vivid dreams every night but this one stands out a lot to me.

Dream interpretation has always been a hobby of mine.. I know that seeing animal paws in your dreams is a sign that you should trust your intuition and instincts. Have you been feeling any sort of disconnect with your intuitions lately? If so, perhaps that's why the paws fell off and were disconnected in the dream.

updated by @ash2016: 10/04/16 01:29:14PM
Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts

I dream all the time and it's usually about something that's happening in my life. But every once in a while it's very vivid and different feeling like it's telling me something. I had one the other night that i was talking to a guy i have history with and we're still friends and all of a sudden his face started changing to different faces. Then the person was a guy i used to work with but it wasn't his face and he got really really close to me with eyes wide open and shouted "i love you" in my face... that woke me up my eyes flew open and i was trying to catch my breath. I can't shake the feeling it means something but have no idea what. Usually these dreams take weeks to fade in my memory. 

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts

I dream all the time too.  I used to keep a log and would remember 3 dreams a night.  I stopped the logged many months ago.  I've had black n white fuzzy dreams this year only.  Not sure what those mean.  But sometimes my dreams come true few weeks or months later. Not in the same way in my dream, but the concept of it.  Like a friends divorce, or someone's new pregnancyetc.  Like you, no one else I knows remembers their dreams.  From what I noticed people who are more spiritual or gifted do remember theirs.

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

I remember significant dreams but as was mentioned up the thread, a peaceful night without dreams is welcomed! A lot of my dreams tend to be quite symbolic, some of them repeating over long periods of time - i have 1 consistent dream that changed slightly, but continued for about 5 years. others have continued for a year or so here and there and they all seem to hold a lot of guidance for me. I enjoy tracking and interpreting them. 

From what I've read we do our most deepest healing and cleaning when we sleep. Those things we cannot face whilst waking and brought to the surface whilst sleeping in order to be released...... maybe why we wake up so very tired!!!!! Sleep is such a busy time! I know at the moment I'm almost scared of sleeping some nights. Not for fear of dreams, but just have a really hesitation of sleeping which is extremely strange for me! anyone else have this?

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts

Renee, doesn't it make it seem being empathic exhausting?  Lol.  We take in from others daily and left drained.  And at night we are cleansing ourselves lol.  We need vacations.  

I'm not sure if I personally feel better in the morning if I don't remember my dreams.  Days I don't remember, I wake up feeling like I was somewhere else.  Nature has always been my best bet.  Living in a bustling city makes it hard to get out as I have to anticipate at least a 2 hour drive out and 2 hour drive back in.  Ugh.

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

I think it is so very exhausting @tigerlily - someone else posted a thread re empaths working and that was my thoughts, how can you maintain wellbeing whilst each day **can** be so very draining, sleep time is releasing and cleansing, which can be exhausting too and then put a 9-5 on that! I'm lucky I don't work and live 2min from the beach which I get to every day and have just come back from a week in the country/forest/national parks where I feel like I've had a massive energy reset which has been great. But I cannot imagine not having that respite at the moment. I know when I didn't have the life I do now I was shutting down constantly..... But yep I agree a lot of the time I'm not sure that I've overly rested after sleeping. Sometimes a 20min nap will refresh me more than a full nights sleep! 

Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts

I get that hesitation to sleep a lot. I think it's because I'm afraid of what my mind will do while i sleep. I used to have vivid nightmares, even though I've gained control and don't have them any more i still get that lack of control feeling and think it would be less exhausting to stay awake. When i feel like this i have to mentally prep my subconscious to 'block' in essence nightmares and trigger me to rise to enough consciousness to change my dreams if they get out of hand... and wake me up if that doesn't work. I've been doing this nearly nightly as a bedtime ritual for 25 years.  It is a rare morning to wake up and feel refreshed. That's one thing i miss about being in a relationship, fo some reason if i have someone beside me my subconscious feels protected and i don't dream as much, the non empath is like a shield of quiet against my ever moving mind.

updated by @nikler: 10/10/16 05:17:20PM
Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

Nikki3:

I get that hesitation to sleep a lot. I think it's because I'm afraid of what my mind will do while i sleep. I used to have vivid nightmares, even though I've gained control and don't have them any more i still get that lack of control feeling and think it would be less exhausting to stay awake. When i feel like this i have to mentally prep my subconscious to 'block' in essence nightmares and trigger me to rise to enough consciousness to change my dreams if they get out of hand... and wake me up if that doesn't work. I've been doing this nearly nightly as a bedtime ritual for 25 years.  It is a rare morning to wake up and feel refreshed. That's one thing i miss about being in a relationship, fo some reason if i have someone beside me my subconscious feels protected and i don't dream as much, the non empath is like a shield of quiet against my ever moving mind.

thats really interesting. i know for me i definitely sleep a lot better with another adult (or even my teenage son) in the house, however id always put it down to being a mum and always on high alert as a safety kind of thing. 

the idea of being afraid of sleep is strange for me as i really love sleep, but I'm noticing more and more that i will stay awake quite late through the night and then nap during the day. When studying i used to sleep with my kids around 7pm, then wake at 11pm and study till 4am, then go back to sleep, wake and then nap during the day. If i have an afternoon where i drop my kids to their grandparents i will generally come straight home and go to bed around 3/4pm and wake at 9/10pm and stay awake..... this isn't frequent or recent so its not a body clock issue... its just an avoidance of night sleep I've noticed recently.... 

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

used to be a bit scared of going to sleep too. Some night used to be quite stressful - loads of heavy dreams. Still a vivid dreamer, and it is rare that the energy in a dream is refreshing and pleasant.... the worst hours are the morning (say from 6am onwards), and if I get up before 11am, there is a fair chance of me getting up and carrying heavy dream energy with me most of the day. If I just sleep through that heavy energy patch, ignoring my dreams best I can - my day is likely much more cheerful :))

I have found too that there seems to be such a thing as empathic dreaming. Had this dream about a cemetery 5 years ago. I remember the energy being particularly miserable. I have trained myself to forget my dreams asap (as, as mentioned, I do not like being stuck with heavy energy, and attempts on dream interpretation a few years prior usually ended up being demotivating, rather than inspiring....), but that dream I know stuck more. I woke up and found it weird having dreamt of cemeteries, as it is not a normal 'theme' in my dreams.... I forgot all about it again though till my massage/ healing client that afternoon. He was a first time client, so I really did not know anything about him (except phone number, first name and profession). Half way through the massage I was suddenly stuck in the cemetery dream again, i.e. I felt the energy of the dream, and remembered the dream. It lasted a few minutes and then everything proceeded as normal. There was no communication with the client about this.

After the massage the client thanked me for the massage and we had a little chat. He said he had been seeking a more healing massage as he had had a recent close loss, i.e. his mum. About 6 months prior. And then he said he is still dealing with the grief, and dreams about cemeteries almost every night!!!

The same thing happened about two weeks on with another client. I.e. I remembered the cemetery dream energy during a treatment, and he mentioned a recent loss after his treatment.....

I think in about 9 years of doing massage and healing full time, there has been a handful of clients only that admitted recent loss and grief to me, and usually not when they are there first time, but after a few sessions and more rapport and trust has been built up.....(NB most my clients are male, and they are often less chatty and spiritually inclined than women...)

Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts

I wouldn't call it a fear of sleep, i love sleep, i love it when i can sleep in. I fear my uncontrolled mind while i sleep, not all the time, but i wonder how much is controlled subconsciously since I've been doing it so long it has become second nature for the most part. i have become more aware of it since i started believing in the spiritual again, since i realized i was an empath. Like opening a sealed door but i have more control than i did when i was young. 

The other adult thing i discovered only recently when i have gone to visit people. This last weekend i was at my moms and had a very blank sleep for the first time in a long time. While i was visiting friends in Edmonton the weekend before, i slept through their nephew and son trying to get into the house through the garage door, apparently the inside door to the house was locked so they opened and closed the garage door until the parents woke... i heard nothing which is a near miracle.  I hear the cat walk up the stairs at home. So I'm thinking having a non empath adult maybe even somewhere in the house is what shields my crazy mind. I believe my teenage son is an empath as well so it could be why he doesn't offer me relief or maybe it's because of my mom instincts i don't see him as protector like i do an adult male? The idea is pretty new to me but interesting. 

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book