maladaptive dreamer

To post a reply, login or signup

h1234
@h1234
last year
49 posts

Does anyone have a huge daydreaming issue,? I daydream all day and the world in my head is so much more exciting than the real world. if i could channel my characters , i could write a book. I actually enjoy it but its taking up too much of my day, I'm getting worried!

I feel guilty, maybe its because i live alone and am lonely so i create a fantasy world as its better than the mundane existence I'm living in right now in this present moment in time. I have a rich creative mind always searching for life questions, exploring possibilities, but none knows how my mind works, its so overloaded, I'm scared people think I'm weird. I'm unemployed and i need to sort out something, as life is ticking by, i need people around all the time to stop daydreaming.

updated by @h1234: 01/14/17 01:14:57PM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I'm a huge dreamer also. Could you actual face this world without daydreams? I couldn't. I'm sure my daydreams may have saved a few lives. Lol. It keeps me from stressing out. I even have sad daydreams. I wonder though if they are all real day dreams. Maybe we are drifting into different dimensions. Sometimes I swear I can feel and smell in my day dreams. Never stop daydreaming.
Gem
@gem
last year
220 posts
Hi, I'd say you need to find a creative outlet. I understand where you are coming from. I've always been a daydreamer, it's so easy to lose hours/days happily away in your daydreams. Underneath it all though, is an unhappiness or sense of emptiness about your current circumstances.We are incarnated here & now, to live and create in our 3d existence. Inner work is incredibly important but so is expressing ourselves here & now.My advice to you would be to get regular grounding nature, barefoot, salt baths, grounding meditation etc.Most importantly though is find a creative outlet. Be it drawing/colouring, making, singing, dancing, cooking class...whatever strikes a chord. A class would be great if you are able to as it would mean meeting likeminded people. The key is to choose something creative, that brings you joy!You need to get grounded & happy in the now!Hope that helps :)BlessingsGem x
h1234
@h1234
last year
49 posts

Thanks guys, very good advice, Gem, I need to get down to earth, I like singing, think i need a choir! I like adult colouring books, I like walking outside in nature, I really must get out of the clouds and live in present. Im going to search for a metope meditation class as urgency as I'm not getting real!!

blessings

hayley x

seanw4202
@seanw4202
last year
54 posts

You can choose the reality you want to live in, if drifting away comes so naturally, then combine the two and write your book, you innate ability to go there so unconsciously will make for great work... Do what feels right, don't worry what others think and if your second guessing yourself, that is just your ego wondering what is and isn't "socially acceptable" I too get lost in my daydreams, its where I find my answers, and motivation, I embrace it and try not to focus, let the mind flow. Be free. Once you begin channeling it, that "wasted" time wont feel so wasted.

h1234
@h1234
last year
49 posts

thanks Sean, great advice very profound and thoughtful. I wish to god i didn't give 2 hoots what people thought! I'm working on this !

last year
159 posts

Fantastic response seanw4202 - Love it :)

last year
159 posts

Hi h1234

Sean is expressing pretty much the same as I would - This reality at present is not serving you (it certainly isnt serving me) My mind drifts at all times because my mind does not want to adapt to the world around me. I very much want to detach from the physical realm of false ideals, manipulated media, propaganda and all else that damages spiritual potential.

The caring too much about others thoughts is merely separation from what is considered `social norm` and a feeling you do not fit - If you feel you do not fit, consider you do not fit because you at a subconscious level knowing `fitting in` is a physical response to life - There is no chance of spiritual advancement if focused on physical acceptance

A day dream actually removes the negative thought processes within you - only when you focus on a negative does it affect you - I remove myself often - Do as sean says and embrace the knowledge that comes from a free mind - I find regardless of daydream I create, answers to other issues flow effortlessly because where I did not focus upon them, they did not consume me :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book