Feeling certain people more strongly than others

To post a reply, login or signup

Cactus
@cactus
last year
2 posts

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and relatively new to the concept of being an empath. I've realized about a year ago that I was fairly sensitive to energies (people, places) and that these energies impacted me in real ways. As I found out this part about myself, I became increasingly aware of the vibes around me and have been teaching myself to differentiate them from my own (as much I can teach myself with the internet as my only source of concrete external help).

I noticed that there was a person in my close entourage in the past month or so that has a very strong ''aura'' I guess, and I could feel what he felt so strongly that it was almost like a weight lifted when he wasn't in my immediate surroundings. I felt him so strongly that I eventually realized that I was even feeling his physical state (e.g. agitated and mind loopy on a morning after a night of doing drugs, later calmed down after having a smoke - I neither took drugs the night before or smoke cigarettes). There's more to it but basically it felt as though his vibes rubbed off on me like no one else's.

So my question is: Are there people that simply have stronger vibes and externalize their thoughts and feelings with greater amplitude or something and/or is it possible that I may be more sensitive to certain specific people due to a connection or something like that?

I am bringing up the connection because it occurred to me later that he could also dip into my own mind, as though he could just open it and read it while I am sleeping. This gave me the idea that he may also be an empath or someone of that kind, which brings me to my next question: Do empaths have some sort of constructive interference when they meet, like whatever they are feeling becomes amplified to the point that it engulfes both of them into a single emotional body? Any other thoughts about all of this?

NB: This person is no longer in my entourage. We were working for the same seasonal work company but the season is now over.

updated by @cactus: 09/18/17 05:27:49AM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
last year
867 posts

Hi Cactus,

To answer your first question : Yes. Example : I have a very close friend whom I am able to pick up on her dense energy when I talk with her, am around her, etc.

It is especially worse when she is experiencing problems with her spouse, at work, etc.

In my experience, the more a person is troubled, holds in their emotions, etc. the more brooding their energy emittance.

In response to your second question I would say that some people be they empathic, telepathic, etc. are able to sense, pick up on, etc.

If someone isn't able to effectively manage or reign in his/her energy it may be that he/she is broadcasting energy (basically sending out their energy all over the place.)

As far as someone being able to invade your mind in my opinion that person would be considered a telepath or a very skilled person who knows how to telepathically connect to others.

Have a wonderful week.

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
last year
273 posts

Hi Cactus:

There are a number of factors affecting how we pick up energy from other people:

Receiving

Our sensitivity as receivers will factor into how much energy we pick up.

Sending

Some people transmit their energy more strongly than others, and the depth of the emotions that they are experiencing will also turn up the volume that they are sending out.

Awareness
The unaware person may be just as sensitive as the aware person. The latter will understand why they have mood swings; the former will not.
Bloodline
Blood relatives will affect us regardless of where in the world we are and whether we are thinking about them or not. The link between sender and receiver is often stronger where there is a blood connection. Often, empath children may process the emotions of their parents or siblings long into adulthood.
Emotional Connection
Friends and acquaintances will impact us primarily based on the strength of the emotional connection we have to them, largely without regard to physical proximity. The stronger the emotional connection is, the less important the physical proximity is. Having worked from home for many years with teams spread all over the country, I have picked up energy from managers and teammates regardless of location.
Physical Proximity
Neighbors and strangers will influence us based on physical proximity. This is true for the people living in our neighborhood and the strangers we brush up against in the shopping mall.

Welcome to the EC. Keep asking questions.

Blessings

Trevor

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,185 posts

Thanks Trevor! I did not know about the bloodline connection and could not figure out why I seem to be repeating my mother's lifeexactly, despite a lifetime of efforts not to do so. I also feel the same severe emotional depression she had when she was older.

I've been trying to convince my husband about the physical proximity you mention to no effect, since he is not an empath. I live in a darkness sandwich, and no amount of shielding seems to help, when our closest neighbors to the north and south are the darkest people I've ever met.

As far asCactus'squestion, I find I can read senders easily, and like Trevor said, the higher the emotion in the exchange the easier it is to read, complete with a picture in my head of what they are really thinking, if they happen to lie to me.

But, I am hardly ever able to read other receivers, unless there is a pattern over time that I pick up on.

For me, the emotion in a communication determines how much I pick up, not their empathy, and the other person is often the exact opposite of an empath, a narcissist for example.

Elise's technique for turning down "others" and turning up "me" can be found under Empath Survival on the Home page and may prove helpful. Shielding can also help when around people you do not want to pick up on.

Namaste,

C. Cat

Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
last year
82 posts

I suppose we are all different - but when I pick up a person strongly like that they tend to be rather personality disordered, sometimes sociopathic, or just generally unpleasant emotionally disordered people. I have concluded this is due to the sensitivity of my receivers/antennas and also due to my personal history growing up with such types. I also pick up on people who use drugs very strongly, just in passing, at the supermarket, etc. It's not very nice.

I would very much doubt the person is another empath. There really aren't that many of us, and I for one do not live in a world where 'powerful empaths' impress upon or do battle with other empaths, although this sort of thing is very popular online. (This is all just my opinion, of course.) Needy and manipulative people, people with a degree of pyschic ability, psychic vampires (even rarer than empaths, but I've met a few), all can do what this man seemed to be doing to you.

A person with strong will and a sexual desire for you, or a desire to dominate and 'be better than' you, someone who envies and resents you, can do all this without consciously intending to have an effect, simply by bringing you intently to mind.

Beware of such types! Half of what my empath thing has given me, if not more than half, is an awareness of who to steer clear of.

"So my question is: Are there people that simply have stronger vibes and externalize their thoughts and feelings with greater amplitude or something and/or is it possible that I may be more sensitive to certain specific people due to a connection or something like that?"

Yes. Both. I don't think there needs to be a connection. Someone of stong will or strong force in their personality, can forge a connection like that by the intensity of their emotional body. You may be more sensitive to someone like that because of your personal history.

"I felt him so strongly that I eventually realized that I was even feeling his physical state (e.g. agitated and mind loopy on a morning after a night of doing drugs, later calmed down after having a smoke - I neither took drugs the night before or smoke cigarettes)."

Welcome to my world! I spend most weeks dealing with this sort of thing at some point, to one degree or another - and I can assure you I am not surrounded by empaths!

Cactus
@cactus
last year
2 posts

Wow, thanks everyone for the amazing in-depth replies!! All were helpful.

FYI about reading my mind in my sleep, I was quite litterally sleeping when it seems as though he picked up information. At one point during the season we had to share a tent and in the morning he made a comment about my mind, about something I don't think I've ever talked to anyone about. I was stumped that he even knew anything about it. I don't talk in my sleep... or at least no one has ever told me so. I also didn't particularly remember having dreams about that aspect of my mind that night.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book