how were/are you with the pets in your life?

To post a reply, login or signup

Tonyvancity
@tonyvancity
last year
29 posts

how were/are you with the pets in your life? I have just about had a dog in my life since a baby till about last August when my wonderful dog passed away of old health issues. What i noticed is that any dog i ever had in my life really, really bonded with me. Like a child and parent bond....very very strong love. Even looking back, as a child, the dogs i had were very close, loving and good natured with me....they went nuts for me. Most likely cuz i parented them, was very patient with training and teaching them and altho i am a male, i would be like a watchful protective Mother to them. I did not see my dogs as an animal...how do i explain this?>>> i saw the dogs as a child in form of a dog(their spirit/soul...whatever you like to call it...to me, they were like a child trapped in a dog's body). A puppy to me is just a baby and anytime i saw one or owned one, i had to carry thru om my urges to pick one up and cuddle it/nuzzle it and protect .....very strong mothering instinct that i inherited thru my own mother. So strong was the bond that i somehow could read or sense what was on my pet's mind, stare at each other and read their mind, knowing what they wanted and saying it aloud to them to confirm what they want....and i would get that enthusiastic response as i could tell they were just dying to be asked (walk? hungry? park?want to jump up and sit next to me??). And when their short lives came to an end....they still visit me in my dreams. I catch myself thinking about them in some way everyday , whether a year has passed or 15 years, 40 years . I dont get too emotionally sad or upset or mourn them (i mean i do miss their affection and companionship...they really are Man's best friend) for i know in my heart that these pets were here temporary , that God had sent them to me to enjoy and i was to be their protector, their guardian, teacher ,parent and friend here on earth till time had come and God called them back. For i know we (every Man, animal, you name it..) are here in earthly form for a very brief time , our bodies expire and All our spirits return back to our Creator. So i Know that they are in the very best of hands and one day we will meet again.

updated by @tonyvancity: 01/09/17 12:55:32AM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
728 posts
You are not alone in this feeling. No need to try to explain the deep connection, I feel the exact same way...especially with cats (hence my moniker, lol). I have grown up with cats all of my life, they used to purr me to sleep as a young child. Animals have always been drawn to me..I love them all. They have such an unconditional love that feels so good...something most of the human race is lacking. I have had many cross over in my lifetime, of course, they have such short lives compared to ours :( I have had some visit me as well....some in dreams, some...physically? so to speak. My Whitey..he was a very special cat. I believe he was my soul mate from a previous lifetime. We were inseparable. Car rides, baths, etc. didn't matter, wherever I was...he was too. After his passing while in bed, I could still feel him come up and lay on my pillow where he would always sleep, right above my head....I still miss him after 11 years, but I know we will be reunited in the other side :)
PatrickDC
@patrickdc
last year
5 posts
Tony, I am like a magnet for dogs and cats, even those that are typically standoffish around humans. We seem to connect on an empathic level. When I visit friends and there are a bunch of people around, the dog or cat will stick close to me. I don't have any pets of my own though. I am slightly allergic to cats -- I can be around them but it's not good to have one living in my space full-time -- and I have a very small apartment so it doesn't seem fair to have a dog in such a tiny space.
Nyla
@nyla
last year
22 posts

I have a very deep connection with my pets as well. As a child I remember a family friend's cat was downright nasty. Stand-offish and a scratcher/biter. Everyone was afraid of her. Snowball. Its funny the things your remember. Anyhow, she would come up and sit in my lap every time. Everyone was astonished. I was too afraid of her to push her off. And so it began...my empathic relationship with animals.

Sometimes when I am going through these posts (I'm new) I wonder if I missed somewhere in the terms of service/rules and regulations here that you have to be a cat lover. There are so many "cat people" names and avatars that I get confused at times. Pot calling the kettle black though, since my "name" here is really my cat Nyla's.

Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts
Animals love me. My mom says when I was little (around 4-5) I used to line all the neighborhood cats and dogs on the front lawn and make them behave. I've always had a way with animals, pretty much any species.
Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

I actually feel symbiotic with my pets (they've all been dogs). They heal me and vice versa. I've had encounters with pets (and other people's pets) who have passed. They have souls that are unlike ours - they're older, more pure, and beyond that I don't know much. They're sent to us and we're sent to them. I just adopted two puppies from the shelter. They picked me (jumped up against the cage eagerly, unlike all the other dogs there), so I took them home, and couldn't be happier. Well, it'll be nice when they're housetrained.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Oh my...my dogs, so much emotions. I love all animals but dogs, well, they have my heart. Going up, animals were all I had to turn to due to narcissist parents I can remember when I was about 6 or 7 , me laying my little body over my hound dog, Minnie, to keep my dad from beating her because she had killed a chicken. He was beating her and I threw myself on top of her to make him stop.I know you people are going to think this is strange but I mourn terribly when my dogs pass. More than I do the humans that have passed in my life. I know, I know that's crazy but I don't get close to humans except my children and grandchildren. I have people I love and cherish but it's harder to let my dogs go but not so much people. If I lost a child or grandchild , that would be a different story and I would never recover from that but my dogs are my children also.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
728 posts
Not strange Rene'.....I feel the same about my cats. It will be 11 years on the 24th that my Whitey has passed and I still miss him. I've always said I like cats more than most people....but I've learned not to share that sentiment with people, lol. They tend to judge for that ;)
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
And that judgement that is placed on us is why we love our animals so much. They love us no matter what.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book