Absorbing Energies

To post a reply, login or signup

DemiPanda
@demipanda
last year
69 posts
Okay with me I have always absorbed energy from films. Especially action films. It's like every single particle in my body gets buzzed with volts of energy and I don't get tired for HOURS if I get really immersed. It's like on a whole new level of adrenaline. I'm not exhausted after either. It goes down at a normal pace until I'm at normal level again. Does anyone else experience this? Any stories to share? Is this normal and applies to everyone or is it just a select few?
updated by @demipanda: 01/11/17 06:25:13PM
Keltybug
@keltybug
last year
21 posts

I can't watch certain movies because I absorb the pain, but never the energy that I can remember. In a way, that's a good thing for you... I could use some extra energy.

Hope others can relate, but not me on this one.

DemiPanda
@demipanda
last year
69 posts
Thank you for sharing :) I have like a push back when it comes to injury but it's only short sharp pains in the area of pain. And that only happens when it's real pain, like documentaries and reality tv shows or live shows. I don't have over-exerted physical empathy thankfully.
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I don't watch a lot of television or movies but I'm addicted to "Vikings". Lol. But I have notice I'm attractive to movies or anything that has to do with medieval or Renaissance time periods. I have a strong passion for it. I think maybe I was there in one of my pass lives and maybe you was a warrioress also, in a past life. Who knows!.. Lol
DemiPanda
@demipanda
last year
69 posts
Oh oh oh! How exciting! I am that way with books!!! I have the deepest set affinity for medieval times!! Especially oh especially the 15th - 18th centuries!! And ancient Greece, Rome, and Egypt! Oh this is exciting! I've never met another! I also believe I probably existed in all those time periods! Ancient Egypt and 15th through 18th century eras attract me most so I probably had a blast during those time periods! Who knows....maybe -whispers- I was Cleopatra. Oh how exciting! Lol
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

I experience something similar.. I have to have at least 30 minutes by myself to unwind at the end of the day, or no matter what I will have too much energy to sleep! lol

Oh & also I know what you mean about getting into movies so much - Sometimes I'm so far lost in a movie that I experience it as though it were real (kind of like over-identifying with book characters). I heard once that this is an empath trait :) Sometimes the characters even feel to me like they're real. For example, Finny from the book A Separate Peace is real in my mind...

DemiPanda
@demipanda
last year
69 posts
I know exactly what you mean! When I read books it's as if I'm living the life of the main character or just any character within the book. I get fully immersed! I actually sometimes outright ignore those around me when they finally do get my attention, but it's only 1/2 on purpose as I need at least a minute to kinda wake up XD It's only a tiny bit less in movies. Except for action movies and movies that take place during the elizabethan era lol I sometimes take on the character mindset completely XD I have to be thankful for other people bc it's bc of my connection to other people that I come to my senses before running around thinking I'm invincible or nobility LOL
DemiPanda
@demipanda
last year
69 posts
Am I the only one that starts adopting other people's accents when I'm near them? I feel like this is soooo rude but I can't help it!!
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Maybe we wee shield maidens together. Lol.
DemiPanda
@demipanda
last year
69 posts
Maybe Lol.
Rachel4
@rachel4
last year
10 posts
I know just what you are talking about! We have special things that let us feel what others do they call them mirror neurons. And sometimes they reflect things they think to be real. This is what causes the adrenaline thing, the acsents, or even adopting the personality of the main characters. Hope that helps!
DemiPanda
@demipanda
last year
69 posts
Yeah! Thanks! :D
Bigg Hoss
@bigg-hoss
last year
36 posts

Well yes I have VERY EXTREME feelings emotions and energy from them. Horror if it has LEGIT occult negative stuff and symbolism I get very sick feeling and nervous and "Driven Away" feeling. If it is comedy/drama and the moment is REALLY embarrassing I am eaten alive with embarrassment and nerves to the point I can't listen or look sometimes .... If it is a drama love story type of thing and has sad or happy moments I can become overcome with love or sadness to the point I am driven to tears... As with action like you I can get hyped and driven to the point I feel refreshed or intense. At times it can tuin a whole night or day or throw me off for a bit or make me feel great depending on the movie. Books can affect me as well but not so much as movies or T.V.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book