What about non empaths?

To post a reply, login or signup

Mamooth888
@mamooth888
last year
41 posts
Hi, I was wondering what its like to not have empath abilities. Is seems kind of strange that we have to shield and ground etc. to stay well while others can be surrounded by bad energy and they feel nothing? Or perhaps is it more like it affects them but they dont know about it? And if they really feel nothing then they must have some very very good subconscious shield and if they do it would be really interesting to know how they create it.
updated by @mamooth888: 01/19/17 05:13:19PM
WindWolf
@windwolf
last year
117 posts
I don't think they have a shield up, more like part of them was formed differently. What we can do is a bit much at times and we have to actively shield ourselves. While they can only feel sorry for others and need no shielding at all. Think of it as warriors and citizens, warriors train and rush into battle so the citizens never have to see the fight. Citizens know there is a war going on but continue their daily lives believing the Warriors will prevail. Warriors are built for battle, born to fight. We as empaths are healers, light warriors, here to keep the balance. And there may be times where we get peace and get to live the life of a citizen, which is a warrior's dream. But a warrior never stops training (shielding, grounding, meditating). I've wondered what it's like to be "normal", even envied normal people. We were born to help them when they need it most, when they can't explain what is wrong themselves.
Mamooth888
@mamooth888
last year
41 posts
That's a really cool way to put it. Sounds like a good novel.Well then I will train. Is it really possible to be so well trained to be about normal?
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Cool analogy! :) I think that describes it really well...

I've also heard that - similar to the animal kingdom - there need to be a certain amount of 'highly sensitive people' in a society because these people (kind of like animals in a herd) can sense danger coming before anyone else can. They're far more on guard than the others.

In a herd of animals, the highly sensitive ones are the first ones to run if there's a predator, and the other ones follow after them.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,185 posts

WindWolf,

I feel like you have some serious writing talent. That was a perfectly written explanation, full of things to think about, and I've read a lot about being an empath over the past couple of years. I also feel like I am a warrior, so it was very moving to me. Thanks.

Mamooth888,

I have never been able to train myself to be normal, and am not sure it's completely possible, though some people here have achieved something close to that. In spite of all the shielding, etc., I've become quite ill and have to isolate myself a lot, as I am trapped living in what I call a "darkness sandwich", in a house inbetween the two most negative people I've ever encountered.

My husband, who is not an empath, is unaffected and does not want to move for many reasons, which would make sense to anyone not affected like an empath is. I asked him how he is able to ignore how awful our neighbors are, and the best he can explain it is that he puts things he does not like and can't do anything about into a compartment in his head and simply shuts the door and walks away. Then he no longer thinks about those things. Oh how I wish I could do that. If you learn how, please do post about it!

Namaste,

Cheshire Cat

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
last year
151 posts

Hello! In my life I have talked with friends who don't have these abilities (Which is a some points a mistake because this friend just doesn't understand and realizes its real but doesn't understand that I can't read her mind or anything like that). She says she doesn't get any sort of feeling from people when she's around them at all. She will get uncomfortable around people she doesn't like, but it's because of her feelings towards that person. I hope this helped.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
786 posts

Hi...actually I think I'm the normal one and everyone who doesn't have this empath thing to be the strange and abnormal...lol...I've never been able to understand how people who don't feel the energy...can't...lol...altho....I have a friend who would never admit he felt anything odd....I'd be feeling or hearing something...I'd ask him do you sense what I'm sensing....and he'd deny it even tho he had a scared look on his face....and I knew he was lying...now he's more open to admitting to his sensing energy since he knows I do too....fear is a major blockage that holds so much back...

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,185 posts

Karen,

I just want to say I agree with you. I've always wondered what is wrong with other people that they can't feel what we feel. I did not feel put down even in childhood when people called me "high strung". I just felt like they were abnormally cold and hard in their response to things, especially the suffering of animals, which is something I cannot abide at all.

C. Cat

Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
last year
82 posts

Well, non-empaths can still feel the basics. Take the expression "You could cut the air with a knife." Most people, aside from the most obtuse and unobservant, the self-involved and insensitive, can walk into a room after there's been an argument and know that something has gone on.

The average person can often times get "a gut feeling"; they can get a warning about someone deep in the pit of their guts; they can listen to their intuition via body feelings: "I had a bad feeling about her/that house" etc. They can get "butterflies" around someone.

It's not that cut and dried, to my mind.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Bravo!!! Windwolf! My thoughts exactly.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book