anyone been asked if they have inattentive add /adhd

To post a reply, login or signup

h1234
@h1234
last year
49 posts

hi, as curious mind, I just wondered if anyone has been diagnosed with some form of add /adhd, Im not sure if all empaths have been labelled with this condition,

I always thought I had some form of add , as i get racing thoughts, very distracted, flit from one thing to another, including jobs, relationships, forgetfulness, poor planning,poor organisation, drifting, lack of structure, proscrasination, poor self motivation, very laid back and accused of laziness, and much more that fits with add. Can getting easily bored and making friends, then letting people down because your tired, moody, changeable, touchy, anyone get this?

Never sought help,but now just wondered if that ''adhd''is the anxiety and depression of being ungrounded and having no boundaries with others, and being uncentered and can mindfulness, meditation help? Yet adhd and those on the spectrum like autism suffer with a lack of empathy, social awareness and sometimes empathy and compassion and forgetfilness, even selfishness, anyone relate to this ??

Thanks lovely peeps , love and light on our crazy empath journey!:)

Hayley

updated by @h1234: 01/09/17 12:55:19AM
DemiPanda
@demipanda
last year
69 posts
I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was young but I'm pretty sure it's just because I have a lot of unexplained energy (could be described as hyper) and attention wise I have NEVER in my life had any trouble paying attention UNLESS of course it was something I lacked interest in completely. Like many other empaths it is PHYSICALLY and MENTALLY impossible for me to do ANYTHING I lack interest in completely. I cannot force myself to do it. Someone else would have to. Maybe when I was younger I lacked interest in alot of things mixed with my energy. They had to explain it somehow so they diagnosed me with ADHD. I've never had racing thoughts. Though again as a young person I was and kinda still am horrible at expressing myself. People think I'm random because when I'm bored I think about other things. I'm quite philosophical and I like to formulate educated arguments of things I question. However, to others my thought process is impossible to keep up with. When I mention these things they seem kind of dumb-founded and its very hard to have a conversation with ANYONE about anything. It's not that they're too dumb to understand. I'm pretty sure I'm just too high on the scale for people to keep up with...you know what I mean?
h1234
@h1234
last year
49 posts

Hi Demi, I found your message thought provoking, i think its due to an empath's mind vibrating at a higher energy frequency. I too seem a free spirit picking up something I'm passionate about then swinging to another interest, that why i work for myself:) I find people are confused by my quick odd thinking , not all the time, but as a feeler INFP, (myers briggs), i seem to talk more of emotions then small talk. I often feel overlooked or ignored when talking, also people are so busy these days running here and everywhere, none is really truly listening to anyone.

Aiden
@aiden
last year
32 posts

I copied my reply from the "College Students" thread since the topic is similar

I graduated 3 years ago and my time in College certainly wasn't the easiest. I didn't know i was an empath back then but I knew that i had a hard time focusing on one thing for long periods of time. Sitting down to read was nearly impossible. I could read 50 pages but by the time i closed the book, i had no idea what i had read. I didn't realize that during my reading, I was thinking about a million other different things. In class, any slight sound from outside or movement by another student made me turn my head. Lecture classes were especially difficult. I could sit there and stare at the professor speaking but instead of listening to what was being said, I would thinking about what the professors life outside of the classroom was like. If they were married, had kids, the things they do when no one is around etc. In my last year, I ended up taking a child psych class and we touched on ADHD. I always associated this disorder with individuals who were just super hyper all the time and wasn't aware about the "inattentive" version. As we discussed the traits of inattentive ADHD, i was amazed at how perfectly it described me . I picked up a book called Driven to Distraction which also had many scenarios that fit my experiences and ended up seeing a psychiatrist who never officially diagnosed me ( he said it was a long process). He gave me a rx for Adderall. The meds certainly helped as i was able to sit in one place for hours at a time which had never happened before. I also got all A's for the first time and concentrating in class was easier. I participated more than ever as well. I stopped taking the meds when i graduated and dont really feel the need to be on them any longer. I seem to be able to concentrate normally at work for the most part. I believe meditation may have helped with this as well. I do still wonder if i really do have ADHD or if it was just me being an empath. From what i have read so far, individuals who have ADHD or are empathic, tend to have some similar experiences or reactions to stimuli.

Scott
@scott
last year
7 posts
Yes I was diagnosed as being hyper active when I was very young in the early seventies. I've been thinking about this subject for some time and would not disregard the thought that all that energy and thought energy could be related to the stimuli that we get from the energies around us. In response to hyperactivity my parents tried Ritalin on me one time and it scared the crap out of them. I started retrieving all kinds of memories from very early childhood that I should not have been aware of. To call my mother it scared her a deeply.
Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

Yes, my brother diagnosed me. He's a big arrogant and assuming. But I read up on the subject and saw a doctor and she said I do NOT have ADD, but depression can mimic it. So much for my brother's keen insight.

h1234
@h1234
last year
49 posts

Hi I have a huge problem lately with daydreaming, it takes up most of the day, its about what my life could, should be, i think its the empath lack of grounding, its worse when I'm out shopping, in huge crowds of people and peoples emotions are dragging me down.

I certainly need to get a grip on my daydreaming, trouble is as an INFP, writer, creative brain, its my rich fantasy world that sends me dreaming away, not helpful and people think I'm lazy, i get so annoyed for living in la la land, I'm looking for employment.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book