Effect of stories

To post a reply, login or signup

chlatepenutbutr
@chlatepenutbutr
last year
3 posts

Hi All!

I am new to this forum (actually to any forum) and am currently trying to figure out if I am an empath for sure. I have been told I am by mediums and feel like I am but don't seem to have exactly the same symptoms as most people do which makes me have some doubt.

My question is when someone tells you a really sad story about someone else or even like a hardship story do the effects seem to linger with you?

This happens to me kind of a lot and I am not sure if this is an empath trait or maybe I am just really sensitive.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Sometimes I feel like I am going crazy :(

updated by @chlatepenutbutr: 01/16/17 11:27:11AM
DemiPanda
@demipanda
last year
69 posts
With that experience you can't be catagorized into empath or hyper sensitive. Every person hasa level of sympathy/empathy. What you described seems like normal level sympathy. With an empath you would literally feel their pain. :)
DemiPanda
@demipanda
last year
69 posts
However, this is just going off of that one experience. I would need more than that.
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
last year
273 posts

There are many lists of empath traits. My go-to favorites are:

• Were you described as over-sensitive as a child?
  • Do you avoid crowds?
  • Do you avoid watching the news and sad or violent movies?
  • Do you sense when someone is not telling the truth?
  • Do you experience emotions for reasons that you often dont understand and cant control?
  • Do you know you have other abilities but which you hide from the mainstream world around you?
  • ... and especially ...
  • Do you pick up emotions and energy from other people?

And if the answer is "I am still not sure" then just know that many of us here started out uncertain if we were empaths or not. Once you start asking yourself "Am I an empath?" the answer will increasingly be a clearer and clearer "Yes!"

Welcome!

Trevor

chlatepenutbutr
@chlatepenutbutr
last year
3 posts

Thank you DemiPanda! I appreciate your honest input. I think I am going to have to look into this more to decide if I am an empath. :)

chlatepenutbutr
@chlatepenutbutr
last year
3 posts

Thanks Trevor! A lot of the answers to these questions for me are Yes but i still find myself saying I am not too sure. I am sure it could be me doubting myself (i tend to do that). I am definitely going to take the time to ask myself these questions and try to figure it out.

I appreciate your warmth and advice. :D

DemiPanda
@demipanda
last year
69 posts
That's great ^~^Love and Light on your journey!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book