Do you think I could be an empath?

To post a reply, login or signup

Katy2510
@katy2510
last year
1 posts

I'm 24 &over the past year have been wondering if I might be an empath.

So, to explain what lead to wondering about this. I have always been very sensitive to others & during teen years considered a potential future as a counsellor. Didn't go through with that, as I knew I would take the emotions on as my own too much. I'm creative & have taught young children in the past. At the moment, I am closely working with a client who is an energy healer.

Last year, I met with a friend I have known for a decade. After this casual meet up, I left feeling drained and almost bereft. In person, this friend said he was fine. But, months later, he admitted to feeling depressed for the past 2 years. I already knew this of course, having powerfully felt it in his presence. I feel guilty but am having to take a time out from seeing him as it effects me so much.

Finally, the catalyst for this - I went on a first date with a guy I dated for several months. During this first date, he looked into my eyes and I thought 'he is afraid of being vulnerable/afraid of getting hurt'. Well, just when I felt we were becoming closer & more intimate, this guy has disappeared out of my life with no explanation. That's another story.

Dreams - I have dreams that come true semi-frequently. Don't want to go into too much detail in case this isn't valid for being empathic.

What do you think?

updated by @katy2510: 01/21/17 05:21:27AM
DemiPanda
@demipanda
last year
69 posts
You could be. Based on both your experiences and interactions with people, companions, and romantic interests. But you could also just be Hyper sensitive. Check out this link http://lonerwolf.com/what-type-of-empath-are-you/ If 3 or more of any characteristics mentioned in this apply to you I recommend you delve deeper in discovering yourself. If not then mayhaps you are just Hyper Sensitive. :)
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
Hi...yes...you are empathic...dreams are normal...a part of the spiritual process....but the energy drain...sensing what's in other peoples' energy...is empathic...

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book