A question for Empaths

To post a reply, login or signup

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I have been wanting to ask this question for sometime now but didn't now how to phrase it so it would not offend anyone or cross the line of envision of privacy then I read Cat Whisperer post about the feelings around a person and felt like maybe I will try. So please forgive me if this comes out wrong.As I open up this forum, or Facebook or any other page, with friends or strangers, as I see a person post, I feel them, almost hear their voice as I read their post or look at their profile picture, being if it's an actual picture or a drawing or what ever. I don't try to do this but it comes from somewhere. What ever this is, it's getting stronger. I really don't mean to invade anyone's privacy and I might not be because I may be wrong. I often wonder what I feel like. If I feel everyone else then you are also feeling me. I guess to some, this will be a weird question. But does anyone else do this without trying. Is this considered invasion of privacy ? I'm sorry, I'm a thinker, and a wonderer. Lol
updated by @rene: 09/18/17 01:21:02PM
LaoG
@laog
last year
137 posts

i remember just one time i felt that i could sense someone off a post that was probably accurate. as for invasion of privacy if you think about it empaths invade everyones privacy since they essentially peer into someones deeper emotions/intentions energetically so if you are an empath you invade privacy all the time.

but idk i cant really tell if my intuition about a sense off a post is right but profile picture if you sense something from that i would say it is probably accurate.

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Don't worry, I think most of us are fellow thinkers and wonderers too :)

As for your question; I do feel people that way as well, without trying to... It is strange how our perceptions do this without trying, whereas others are far more oblivious. I especially get a sense of who someone is if I look into his or her eyes, even just in a picture.

I can relate to the feeling of "invasion of privacy." But I also believe that we're meant to be empathic for various reasons, and that we are typically also gifted with being caring and kind (due to high levels of sensitivity), so that we can use these gifts for good purposes. It's not as though we choose to be this way, but I've never found a more "real" group of people than this community, so in that way these gifts give back to us. Our eyes are more open in a lot of ways, compared to the average human being :)

That's very interesting.. to wonder what you feel like. I wonder what I feel like, too.. I want to see myself the way that people see me, but I feel like that's impossible, since I am a chameleon type of empath.

Keltybug
@keltybug
last year
21 posts

I do the same thing. I have never looked at it like invading their privacy. I have no power where my insight takes me. and my intention, when I do realize I am 'there', is to see if I can help in any way... Sometimes it is just about observing... usually always there is a life lesson involved for me as well.

Mine is on overdrive right now, I am on another forum for another situation in my life.. and right now.. I am just having it coming to me in waves... so, ya, it happens... just from reading someones words or seeing a picture...

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
Not a weird question Rene', you just have a curious mind. I sometime wonder about the privacy thing too, but it cannot be helped. Being newly aware of being an empath (less than a year) I still cannot stop picking up on other peoples stuff, I don't try to do this, it just happens. Sometime I wish I couldn't because I still on occasion, get my stuff confused with everyone else's. I personally cannot feel from a post every time, but sometimes I can. Especially if the person is really troubled. Since you posted this after my post....I have to ask, did you feel something from the post or did it just prompt the question? I'm curious too ;)
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
No, nothing bad at all. Just your kind heart and a lot of knowledge of something. I didn't try to feel that , it's like I felt the wind off of you. I always just keep going. Lol.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
Lol, I don't think any of us "try".....just happens. Not offended or feeling invaded :), totally understand
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
BTW, Rene' thanks for the compliment :)
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

I read a book many, many years ago, about this woman who could supposedly channel dead composers & write music. (N.B. it was the time before Google and YouTube, so back then I believed it all, but have since heard some of the music on YouTube and it was not very Chopin etc.... Still....). At one point she asked those composers what heaven is like - and they said - 'In heaven everyone is psychic, and knows, feels and sees everything. As such for some people coming up there initially heaven is hell, as they cannot hide behind masks and or lies anymore....' It kinda made sense to me, and still does.

I guess most people would not mind if you feel their positive energy anyway, it is mostly about their negative energies that they might feel invaded. I rarely talk to e.g. my clients about what I fell though. For one I am never 100% sure if it is accurate, and I do not want to be insensitive either - 'Oh, you are very depressed again today!' . So I just take feeling such energies as a query for healing, which I channel for them.

As for social media posts I do not always feel something (maybe I am subconsciously blocking some stuff out, to not get overwhelmed?), but I think to have quite a good BS detector. Especially hanging about in a lot of spiritual forums, I usually feel/ understand quite quickly if someone has been brainwashed/ in a cult, or is a wanna be (manipulative) guru... The same way that I have gotten better at identifying narcissists over the years. But with sociopaths and narcissist I'd argue it is no invasion of privacy at all, rather it is a self-defense/ self-protection ability.... Reversely I am relatively good at telling if someone has a sensible, spiritual head on their shoulders (but maybe that is just them agreeing with what I believe? - lol).

Love and Light!

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
Lol...everytime I open this site I feel energy...not all of it not always good...and I do my best to ignore it i'm not here to analyze anyone...just help any way I can...and well...I also know my own energy carries not so nice energy at times as I pick up a lot from others...and I have my own traumas that are dark and heavy...so i'm not perfect...what ever you read in my energy know that i'm aware of it all...so i'm not too worried...altho I also can't help but worry what other can pick up from me...lol
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
What I feel, when I accidentally feel someone, I let it keep on going. Everyone has been though something that was really tough and wasn't nice. I have had my share and I think two or three mores shares of bad things happen to me. Yes, I have met a couple of darker energies on this forum but Karen your not one of them. They are the ones that stop me in my tracks and I tie toe around. Lol. But always with respect. I have learned that some peoples energies especially Empaths, that the energy they are toting around isn't theirs. I can feel that by the conflict in the feeling. I'm going to pick on you for a moment Karen. Just for an example. I feel strength , cover, protector, but then again I feel that's not Karen. Maybe your like that for a reason or maybe it's something you been though or maybe it belongs to your neighbor. But that's not Karen as a child. That's not Karen when sleeping. See what I mean. It's all very wired feeling these things. Sorry to use you for an example but your pretty balanced or like me, in your though process.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book